Leo Gura

Important! - Nobody On This Forum Is AWAKE

1,427 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The only creature on this entire planet who is AWAKE. Is me.

No one else.

I shit you not.

Be very careful. You don't understand how deep this thing goes. It goes completely beyond any human comprehension.

Enlightenment is imaginary.

What's so good about being awake?

5 minutes ago, Devin said:

Find out. Speculation is a fools game. Find out for yourself. How do you know anybody is awake? Don’t treat Leo like another Buddha. Think for yourself.

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

6 minutes ago, Devin said:

Everything.

AWAKE is Goodness itself.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No one else.

I shit you not.

Be very careful. You don't understand how deep this thing goes. It goes completely beyond any human comprehension.

Every "enlightened" human on this planet is fooling themselves very deeply.

GOD is completely beyond all that.

This is not Leo speaking to you.

This is GOD, speaking through the Leo avatar.

I can only get through to you as much as you will allow me.

So be very careful about how you handle your mind.

@Leo Gura I believe you. 

And I feel healthy. Because you are the ultimate guidance, but I also know I need experience to validate what you say. In other words, I hold what you say as a possibility for me. All I need to do is go deeper and cultivate real desire for understanding.

Edited by Vibes

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It goes completely beyond any human comprehension.

Time for some Alien Consciousness :D

2 minutes ago, Vibes said:

@Leo Gura I believe you. 

And I feel healthy. Because you are the ultimate guidance, but I also know I need experience to validate what you say. In other words, I hold what you say as a possibility for me. All I need to do is go deeper and cultivate real desire for understanding.

You are the ultimate guidance.

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

One point nobody can deny is that Leo's post has driven a plethora of perspectives. I love the diversity of our community and feel that every perspective has some wisdom within it. I appreciate everyone that has posted here, regardless of what has been said.

My realizations:

1) Claiming to be more enlightened than someone else is egoic and therefore false.

2) Taking offense at someone claiming to be more enlightened than you is also egoic and therefore false.

3) The more enlightened you are, the more boundaries dissolve. You realize that people claiming to be more enlightened, or taking offense at not being considered enlightened, are also you.

4) Along the path of enlightenment, you see that the entire path is also part of the dream.

5) Despite being part of the dream, the spiritual path increases the lucidity and quality of the dream. The more clearly you see, the more brilliant the dream experiences become.

6) The moment you identify with or become addicted to the experiences themselves, including spiritual experiences, you have lost your lucidity and are again trapped within the dream.

7) The pinnacle purpose of life is learning to remain lucid, free of entanglement with desires and fears, and therefore able to fully enjoy the experiences of life without being suffocated by them.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Water by the River Nice, although the suggestion that there is something that can be done or learned still seems to be there.

There is noone already, so there is nothing that can be done. There are only appearances arising which may or may not involve what seems to be an individual on some kind of path.

From the other side of the gate, it is said that to see apparent individuals believing that they exist, believing in their own agency... believing they have achieved enlightenment or indeed anything at all - is the sweetest joke going.

Apparently.

14 minutes ago, Moksha said:

One point nobody can deny is that Leo's post has driven a plethora of perspectives. I love the diversity of our community and feel that every perspective has some wisdom within it. I appreciate everyone that has posted here, regardless of what has been said.

My realizations:

1) Claiming to be more enlightened than someone else is egoic and therefore false.

2) Taking offense at someone claiming to be more enlightened than you is also egoic and therefore false.

3) The more enlightened you are, the more boundaries dissolve. You realize that people claiming to be more enlightened, or taking offense at not being considered enlightened, are also you.

4) Along the path of enlightenment, you see that the entire path is also part of the dream.

5) Despite being part of the dream, the spiritual path increases the lucidity and quality of the dream. The more clearly you see, the more brilliant the dream experiences become.

6) The moment you identify with or become addicted to the experiences themselves, including spiritual experiences, you have lost your lucidity and are again trapped within the dream.

7) The pinnacle purpose of life is learning to remain lucid, free of entanglement with desires and fears, and therefore able to fully enjoy the experiences of life without being suffocated by them.

My view on your Realizations

1. This is false. Saying you are more awake than others does not need to be egoic, but can simply be true. You may reach a point where you realize that you are the most conscious being in existence. When, and if you realize this, then if you say it's the case then it would be true. Others though, cannot verify this for you. Which is challenging. 

2. Yes, taking offence at someone saying they are more awake than you, is ego. Even here I foresee come caviats

3. Sure. I actually think the more awake you become, maybe the more boundaries dissolve, but at the the say time more high quality distinctions are made. I am not convinced it's purely that awakening or enlightenment is to dissolve boundaries. I think that is more buddhist framing. Thinking, knowing making high quality distinctions are also a part of becoming more awake. At least, in some aspects of the awakening process, as a human being. To learn to think, be wise, intelligent, use wise discernment etc are to me, signs of a deeply awakened and wise person. At the highest levels of my own awakenings, and I am not saying I am awake... It's ineffable how One, it all is. But, each awakening I've had has lead me to making higher and higher quality distinctions within the oneness as a human. 

4. Sure

5. True

6. Maybe. This is assuming that all experiences are equal, symmetrical in value to understanding God and awakening. I would say that is false. There are higher states of knowing that simply aren't accessible to most people, and buddhists especially so... They just like to imagine that all states are an equal playing field. This is false. 

7. Buddhist Framing. This framing is also in some Hindu and other types of spiritual framing. I am not sure there is a purpose of life. But, I do myself create the meaning that the purpose of my life personally, is to live masterfully and be deeply loving and contribute to the world. But, this is a meaning I have created. For me, life is a love simulator. I am choosing to create for myself the most powerful framing I can. Which, does include aspects of this buddhist framing but, transcends it.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

On 24/03/2023 at 4:11 PM, Leo Gura said:

I get no joy out of saying these things to you. I wish I didn't have to say them. I have spent months not saying it, hoping I don't have to say it. I spent a lot of time hesitating before saying it because I know how it sounds. But in the end I gotta focus on what is true vs how things sound.

If I don't say these things people will get deceived by nonduality, Buddhism, enlightenment, self-inquiry, meditation, etc.

@Leo Gura thank you for being selfless enough to post this bro, you know it will make to look proud, and yet you care more about guiding us correctly than your own appearance. 

This is a very rare trait, thank you

Edited by Aaron p

@Thought Art What is the point of claiming to be more enlightened than someone else, other than to serve the ego? It only increases the illusion of superiority and separation. It encourages guru-worship and idolism and is a distraction.

Instead, why not point toward the inner journey, which is the only true path to realization? Everyone is their own sadguru.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Moksha Maybe it is ego, selfishness and trying to make you look and feel as if you are better than others.

Or, if you are a teacher students who knows what awakening is, you may need to tell them. "Hey, look. I can see where you guys are at and you are not awake. I know, because I actually became awake and I can simply see you are not awake." In that case, a teacher must tell his students that he is awake, and stress this point. Leo isn't framing his teachings like other teachers and is trying to cut through the bullshit Buddhist/ New age ideas of awakening. 

I personally cannot confirm his awakening, at this moment. But, It is clear to me he is more awake and a better thinker than many other spiritual teachers. Especially the people on this forum. No fucking way they are awake. 

To proclaim one's truth, is not necessarily an act of Ego. Also, this Ego nonsense is problematic and is often used as a tool to gaslight people from sharing their insights, developing themselves, or saying what they know to be true. It needs to be said with care, when we accuse someone of "acting from ego".

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

45 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No one else.

I shit you not.

Every "enlightened" human on this planet is fooling themselves very deeply.

GOD is completely beyond all that.

This is not Leo speaking to you.

This is GOD, speaking through the Leo avatar.

I can only get through to you as much as you will allow me.

So be very careful about how you handle your mind.

3 hours ago, Water by the River said:

?

I do not deny your statement, I would only ask for more development. If you have discovered that, share it.

9 minutes ago, Moksha said:

@Thought Art What is the point of claiming to be more enlightened than someone else, other than to serve the ego? It only increases the illusion of superiority and separation. It encourages guru-worship and idolism and is a distraction.

Instead, why not point toward the inner journey, which is the only true path to realization? Everyone is their own sadguru.

When you reach a certain level of awakening it only becomes about "you" and there is no ego, if you don't know simple things like this then why even bother being here...

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

I would like to add that, to be fair, Leo did at one point teach about enlightenment, meditation, and nonduality. Given this, of course his students would be confused and misled.

On the other hand, we can’t allow that to be an excuse, as Leo had to also make those mistakes himself. 

It takes guts to not only point out that the prior teachings are null, but to also take this ship in a different direction by not continuing to entertain the old teachings.

Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong about my observation. 

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

38 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Everything.

AWAKE is Goodness itself.

It’s actually a good thing to tell your followers that they aren’t awake, even if Leo is really the one AWAKE or not.

It has an attitude of getting us furious and going for the truth for oneself.

Thanks for that @Leo Gura

Lava syndrome is a harsh thing and when we have some awakenings, we have this memory of post-enlightenment effects.

Maybe the underlining message here is not that Leo is bragging about, he’s just shaking your “enlightened ego know it all PHD sage attitude” for the sake of yourself going to the truth.

I know it hurts your spiritual ego when you’re not the most AWAKE in the room.

Edited by CARDOZZO

I think that it’s one of the most dangerous things about spirituality and enlightenment.

We start reading Ralston, Wilber, McKenna, Schmachtenberger.

Then we have some enlightenment experiences and read more +100 books.

The trap here is a rationalization and getting a PHD in spirituality and enlightenment.

What’s your unique way of being a sage?

We fall into the trap of thinking that we are so advanced because we found spirituality and enlightenment and now we are the ones who’s living the “right way”.

I was doing that, putting myself on a pedestal because of the knowledge and all the great teachings.

This is crazy. You’re here to connect more with all stages of consciousness and to self-actualize step by step.

30 minutes ago, CARDOZZO said:

Lava syndrome is a harsh thing and when we have some awakenings, we have this memory of post-enlightenment effects.

Lava syndrome?

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI