Leo Gura

Important! - Nobody On This Forum Is AWAKE

1,427 posts in this topic

You are imagining all others. If you weren't, you wouldn't be GOD. GOD is infinite imagination and absolute sovereignty.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura For sure, the intellect imagines the coherence of everything, it imagines the essence of everything, it even imagines the contradictions of everything, and we imagine that we are that intellect and then we imagine that the intellect did not do any of those things but that instead all those things were true about the world itself and true independently of us.

But nothing would be given as a subject, substratum or substance for these imaginings if it weren't beyond the intellect which produced these imaginings, the intellect requires material, this is certainly contained throughout your teachings not least of which in your interpretation of Godels theorems where you can not for instance reduce maths to logic, so why would you then suddenly turn around and insist that the intellect imagines ALSO the substratum itself such as the senses?

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

@Reciprocality That's where you're wrong.

The substrate of reality is literally your own mind. But not the conceptual mind. A deeper MIND.

The mistake in your understanding of this issue is that you have limited intellect down to something merely conceptual, the human mind. But it's a much wider thing than that. The intellect does not require material at the highest level. At the highest level the intellect IS material. So literally, the chair your ass is sitting on is made of intellect. In fact, your own ass is imaginary.

Edited by Leo Gura

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The substrate of reality is literally your own mind. But not the conceptual mind. A deeper MIND.

Please let me invite for the daily Buddhism-bashing. Today, Huang-Po-style:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huangbo_Xiyun

"One Mind

Huángbò's teaching centered on the concept of “mind” (Chinese: hsin), a central issue for Buddhism in China for the previous two centuries or more. He taught that mind cannot be sought by the mind. One of his most important sayings was “mind is the Buddha”. He said:

All the Buddhas and all sentient beings are nothing but the One Mind, beside which nothing exists. The One Mind alone is the Buddha, and there is no distinction between the Buddha and sentient beings."

"All the Buddhas and all sentient beings are nothing but the Universal Mind, beside which nothing exists. This Mind, which is without beginning, is unborn and indestructible. It is not green nor yellow, and has neither form nor appearance. It does not belong too the categories of things which exist or do not exist, nor can it be thought of in terms of new or old. It is neither long nor short, big nor small, for it transcends all limits, measures, traces, and comparisons."

Huang Po, Blofeld John, trans. "The Zen Teachings of Huang Po"

Serious and non-profane comments on the inadequacy of that pointer/description welcome.:)

Selling Water by the River

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Reciprocality That's where you're wrong.

The mistake in your understanding of this issue is that you have limited intellect down to something merely conceptual, the human mind. But it's a much wider thing than that. The intellect does not require material at the highest level. At the highest level the intellect IS material. So literally, the chair your ass is sitting on is made of intellect.

@Leo Gura Okay okay Ive thought about what you said and it makes sense, the substratum is created from god and imposed on us and we by being imposed by it developed the intellect required to first think we understood the substratum itself when all we understood were our own interpretation of it and then that interpretation became literally REAL for us, and then we live in the delusion that we are not ALSO the one who imposed the substratum on ourself. The only assumption I have to make is that it is possible for one thing to preserve its limited and also unlimited identity at one and the same time.

The semantics of the situation is a bit more problematic than just assuming, accepting or knowing that I am god, because it would still be absurd to use the concept of intellect and the concept of imagination beyond the limited places they were found, if I were god these words would be insufficient for the reality I created.

And also, I never disagreed that the substrate itself weren't mind, and it weren't implied either, there is undeniably a totality in our experience, and it is certainly not physical.

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

On 5/27/2023 at 6:35 PM, somegirl said:

@Leo Gura Something else also interested me... You were saying in one of the videos ("what is the devil") that (I'm paraphrasing because it was long time ago) we should stop seeing people as evil because we are creating evil that way or something. Cause evil doesn't exist, it's just projection, we only see it that way (when it threatens our ego). Okay so, by that logic...

Why would you in your "infinite insights" blog say that CIA hiring sociopaths is digusting and disturbing? I mean it is, from a an average human perspective, but also, highly conscious person would know that by condemning evil in others, he just creates more evil. Isn't it so? 

Cause we wouldn't be able to see evil in others if we didn't have evil in ourselves.

Who are we calling evil if everything is interconnected? Only ourselves, no?

Your literal quote from the video: "Seeing evil in others does not solve the evil but in fact creates more evil" 

Other quote from the same video: "If you want to stop doing evil actions, you also have to stop seeing evil because in order to see evil you must project evil, therefore you create evil." 

This is just one example. 

This also applies to the situation where you got fed up with members here. We are not solving anything when we literally criticize others that they are this or that. We just perpetuate more of that.

This is my critical mind speaking. My intention is really just to see how you think, cause if you ask my logic, highly conscious person would be conscious of these things.

Stan Lee is the creator of the world of Spider-Man. If Stan Lee judged evil, he couldn't create heroes and villains, create trial and tribulations, and thus Spider-Man could never exist. What Leo is saying you can awaken from the world you created and release yourself from the identity of the character and realize you are the creator.

But is is very hard to break character, because you have taken your role as the character as REAL. You are in a story that is a creation of your own mind. Since everything is your own mind, the only way you can realize you are the creator is you have to let go of the entire storyline of your character. Since your character is a psychological construction no different than being on the set of a movie as an actor and playing a character, you need to psychologically kill the character by admitting it isn't real. 

If you can let go of your fantasy of what you are, then you can discover what you are. 

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

11 hours ago, Water by the River said:

All the Buddhas and all sentient beings are nothing but the Universal Mind, beside which nothing exists. This Mind, which is without beginning, is unborn and indestructible. It is not green nor yellow, and has neither form nor appearance. It does not belong too the categories of things which exist or do not exist, nor can it be thought of in terms of new or old. It is neither long nor short, big nor small, for it transcends all limits, measures, traces, and comparisons."

according to my current understanding, which is recent and surely must be quite nuanced, reality is not a mind, it is the total infinity that it is. total infinity gives rise to a mind that has attributes such as intelligence and will, which limits and creates forms getting blind to the infinity and creating the finite. this mind is also limited in some way because if it were not, it would not create limitation. Ultimately, the absolute is undifferentiated, infinite, and total, without creation or activity.

Edited by Breakingthewall

24 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

mind is also limited in some way because if it were not, it would not create limitation.

MIND creates limitation precisely because it is unlimited.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

MIND creates limitation precisely because it is unlimited.

you call it mind because it imagines limitations, right?  if it did not imagine anything and simply were the infinite being, would you still call it mind?

32 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

you call it mind because it imagines limitations, right?  if it did not imagine anything and simply were the infinite being, would you still call it mind?

I prefer awareness or god or absolute, but it is the same regardless of the name. It is infinite reality, within and beyond imagination, whatever you call it.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Maybe i didn't explain good. What if there is nothing definite, just the infinity formless without any limitation. Is it  a mind?

16 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Maybe i didn't explain good. What if there is nothing definite, just the infinity formless without any limitation. Is it  a mind?

Dude, you can call it mind, consciousness, intelligence, reality, existence, this, God, John Wayne... what does it matter which name you give it?

Why so serious?

11 minutes ago, Vibes said:

What do you mean by beyond imagination?

Changeless, timeless, infinite, motionless, immaterial, energyless, inexperienced, unconditioned absolute reality.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

7 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Dude, you can call it mind, consciousness, intelligence, reality, existence, this, God, John Wayne... what does it matter which name you give it?

Matter a lot. If you call it mind, it's for a reason. we are trying to understand the nature of reality. Why something exists instead of nothing is obvious: due to the absence of limits. Why there is limited appearance instead of only unlimited absolute it also happens because of the absence of limits. nothing limits god to create itself in the infinite absolute. God is the mind that creates the experience by being the experience, but it is limited since it is mind as soon as it imagines something, if it stops imagining, it disappears, it is not absolute. the infinite primordial absolute is mindless. it just is, is everything, and it includes god 

8 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Matter a lot. If you call it mind, it's for a reason. we are trying to understand the nature of reality. Why something exists instead of nothing is obvious: due to the absence of limits. Why there is limited appearance instead of only unlimited absolute it also happens because of the absence of limits. nothing limits god to create itself in the infinite absolute. God is the mind that creates the experience by being the experience, but it is limited since it is mind as soon as it imagines something, if it stops imagining, it disappears, it is not absolute. the infinite primordial absolute is mindless. it just is, is everything, and it includes god 

xD This is what the mind loves to do... chasing its own tail.

It's all much ado about Nothing, if you ask me. ;)

Why so serious?

44 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

You're correct, the absolute is infinite, limitless and indefinite. Form and formless are just dualities within the dream, god awareness is beyond both.

This is what happens when words try to explain the inexplicable. They turn away in fear. Let's call it Nameless Mystery ftw xD

14 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

if it stops imagining, it disappears, it is not absolute. the infinite primordial absolute is mindless. it just is, is everything, and it includes god 

There's a difference between disappearing and being beyond the illusion of appearance. The absolute is awareness, which doesn't appear or disappear. Any appearance or disappearance isn't real. Directly look inside yourself and see.

1437 responses! The triggering of his statement has shown him exactly where the majority of his audience is at. No wonder he hasn’t posted a video in 2 months or so. He’s probably giving you lot some time to catch up. To watch some of his older videos on repeat ? until yous actually take them in, understand them, and do some WORK regarding them. It’s no wonder either he tried to remove the solipsism video. Reason being immaturity. And that wasn’t meant in a practical humanely or intellectual sense, although paradoxically to a degree it was, but more the immaturity in a spiritual sense. I’d slow down myself too if I felt I was talking to someone about something and it felt like I was talking to a brick wall. He must feel that way sometimes, maybe a lot of the time. Time to GET IT, or be left behind

3 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:
12 hours ago, Water by the River said:

All the Buddhas and all sentient beings are nothing but the Universal Mind, beside which nothing exists. This Mind, which is without beginning, is unborn and indestructible. It is not green nor yellow, and has neither form nor appearance. It does not belong too the categories of things which exist or do not exist, nor can it be thought of in terms of new or old. It is neither long nor short, big nor small, for it transcends all limits, measures, traces, and comparisons."

according to my current understanding, which is recent and surely must be quite nuanced, reality is not a mind, it is the total infinity that it is. total infinity gives rise to a mind that has attributes such as intelligence and will, which limits and creates forms getting blind to the infinity and creating the finite. this mind is also limited in some way because if it were not, it would not create limitation. Ultimately, the absolute is undifferentiated, infinite, and total, without creation or activity.

First, I am in full alignment with everything Moksha said. That description is precise, beautiful, and doesn't have the problem that many other pointers have.

That said: I would have probably never gotten it from the usual very concise pointers. Maybe I would have, but much much later. Of that I am convinced.  Looking back after got it, its totally clear what is meant with these pointers.

What is written below would have helped me quite a lot back in the day. So excuse the length please.

Topic 1: Why does Huang Po use Universal Mind? Why is Infinite or Absolute a better pointer, althoug Universal Mind/Infinite Consciousness is still correct?

Better Pointer is: Infinite Reality. Absolute. Because no object/appearance = No Awareness. Infinite. Empty. Nothingness. Similiar to Deep Sleep. Not exactly the same, but by definition "one" is still existing then, else one wouldn't come back in the morning. And one can't say what Infinite Reality is, because it is infinite. Infinite Reality IS. So best pointer is: Infinite Reality. Nothingness. Not yet awareness or mind. But:

Infinite Reality has the potential/capacity for sentience/awareness. As soon as something shows up, then its no longer Infinite. Massaros water pistol example of a waterpistol just appearing in Infinite Vastness (which was "the case" before the water pistol/anything showed up.  The potential for awareness just showed up as awareness, because an object and duality appeared.

So because of this potential for sentience/Awareness, one can describe IT as Universal Mind, Infinite Consciousness/Awareness. But even more precise is Infinite Reality/Nothingness. Because without anything appearing, it isn't really a mind. It is IT. Infinite. But also not different from Impersonal Infinite Consciousness/Awareness.

It all depends on the meaning of the concepts/pointers.

Wolinsky goes the hardcore-path: The Absolute/Infinity Reality/True You is NOT Awarnesness nor Consciousness. He described Awareness/Consciousness as Awareness OF, Consciousness OF. And rejects Awareness/Consciousness  as Absolute. Because for him its always Awareness OF, Consciousness OF. Which is not incorrect, see the Water Pistol example. That is also correct.

Same does Andrew Halaw, and his pointer Nothingness.

So the problem with Awareness is: There is always (!) an Awareness OF, even if its a subtle formless object, like certain causal states. An infinite darkness suffused with light. Ok, what is the light? Ah,... .

Without the OF (or the object appearing), Awareness is still there, but more as potential. Infinite. Or Nothing/empty. These Dualities collapse then. And that is the most important meaning of all of it. At the Absolute and Infinite Reality, any duality or any pointer just collapses. Infinite. Empty/Nothing specific. Potential for Awareness. And all of that not different things, but ONE without a second, Infinite. Real Nondual Infinite.

Topic 2: And then, the separate-self, the self-reflective mind: Looking AT something thinking it is one self, or looking over its shoulds trying to see itself, and generating an EXPERIENCE of emptiness/Nothingness/Awareness/blank/whatever. JUST AN EXPIRIENCE, not real you/Infinite/Absolute.

And next challenge is: The separate-self is a self-reflexive movement in Infinite Reality: Consciousness turning its head back to see itself, doesn't see itself of course, has an EXPERIENCE of Nothingness/emptiness/Infinity. And this LOOKING over its shoulder IS the Illusion of the separate self, of the self-reflective mind. And that movement of looking over its shoulds happens IN Infinite Reality/IN Infinite Consciousness. And all doubting/searching/reflecting/thinking that is it/what is it/that is not/do I have it/do I understand it.... ALL of that is "movement" within Infinite Consciousness, OBJECTS appearing, staying, disappearing. Moving within oneself. And even the understanding/realization/Enlightenment happens within it, within Pure Impersonal Infinite Consciousness/Infinite Reality that can be unaware of itself.

One never can get "out" of this Infinite.

And Infinite Reality is NEVER and object. It is not the experience of "oneself" or anything within it TRYING to see itself (the eye can't see itself). 

Jac O'Keffe: Primary Consciousness (her term for Infinite Reality and Infinite Consciousness) IS SUCH A FUNDAMENTAL that it CANT TURN AROUND AND SEE ITSELF. Cant look back over its shoulder to see itself. That would be a movement within it.

Please watch this video a few times:

"Primary Consciousness (Infinite Consciousness) is such a fundamental it CANT SEE ITSELF."

Ok, I am rambling on. Please go through the links & video a few times. There are enough pointers in there to really get it.

And sorry guys if it is so long. I can't make it shorter and still get the meaning across with any reasonable chance. If anybody can make it shorter, and still get the complexity of it across, please let me know. You get a few free beers from me while you explain me how to do it shorter. 

I also can do the frog pond plop, or Infinite Mind, or whatever in a one liner. Just probably nobody will get it.,, The way above, probably also nearly nobody will get it. Takes awakened states. But maybe some who are on the edge will, and others will have a better map up the mountain, and will spot and get what to do/where to go at certain stages.

Bon voyage!

Selling Water by the River

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

I prefer awareness or god or absolute, but it is the same regardless of the name. It is infinite reality, within and beyond imagination, whatever you call it.

Capitalize the G or you’re going to hell

xD

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI