Leo Gura

Discussion: Should We Allow Sourcing?

171 posts in this topic

Need a strict no selling/dealer contact exchange policy.

I wanted to ask a sourcing question this morning but had to stop myself

a guy got indicted for 20 years in Texas for planned DMT distribution like yesterday. Put a banner up that this stuff has real risk.

Edited by Bob Seeker

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

I think it would be very helpful. Freedom of speech is freedom of speech. The thing is even if something is legal in one part of the world and not another. I think most of us would choose to order anyway, even if it's illegal to our own country if the site legitimately has it. We need sites that ship discreetly, however ever it may highlight those sites that sell it and make them prone to be discovered by the wrong people and risk getting shut down. Finding 5MeO anywhere legitimately is certainly challenging, so I'd love to know how you get it Leo. A source I used in the past has been compromised. So finding a new one isn't easy.  

Focus on the solution, not the problem

Speak to a lawyer.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Sourcing is literally the easiest thing. Just ask around in the DMs.

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

I'd say no. More fuel for the fire for haters and critiques of you channel/work. As soon as they see people throwing around links to websites they'll instantly use that against you.

I recognise the benefit of allowing it. People will be able to share sources that are reliable and good quality. Maybe there's a way we can provide this outside the forum? Or just less directly/obviously than in the forum comments. Not sure how though.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

@Leo GuraIf you allow sourcing, there will be some dealer here, spamming every thread that you should buy their stuff or go to the link to buy stuff there.

So this must be somehow be prevented.

If there is a risk of forum coming under some sort of legal scrutiny or getting negative PR then I'd say no. 

Also it will attract spammers and illegal drug sourcing spambots like flies.

Having spoken to a few peeps who tried different stuff, it seems people who are serious abot this and will want to try it usually find a way to obtain the stuff

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Psychonaught facebook groups are filled with low lives trying to scam people, which is why they implemented a no sourcing policy 

Edited by Chives99

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

Maybe a link to good websites who then do the job. Giving pointers to the quality of the information in that website.

14 hours ago, puporing said:

If people want to find out where to get substances they can just private message each other.

Is sourcing on private message allowed?

I am God. I am Love. I am Infinity. I am Frosty97.

4 hours ago, OBEler said:

If you allow sourcing, there will be some dealer here, spamming every thread that you should buy their stuff or go to the link to buy stuff there.

Then maybe put a filter on who can write,read on the <sourcing discussion forum>. 

Like, only members with more than 200 posts and 2 weeks after the account has been made can write or read on the <sourcing discussion forum>.

I think there can be many solution to that problem.

I am God. I am Love. I am Infinity. I am Frosty97.

@Leo Gura Would this pertain to only US members? How would you separate the members who live where it is illegal? 

Im in desperate need of sourcing, everything available to me requires me to be a researcher to get access. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Conservative approach: At the very least, we should allow discussion of the legality in specific jurisdictions. Given the jurisdictional variation, most people probably don't even know the law and this site could help them avoid violating the law unintentionally. I'm new to the forum so I apologize if there's already a thread set up somewhere to discuss current jurisdictional legal statuses. Once people know the law, if they are personally motivated to do so, they could independently go looking for sources which should be pretty easy in openly legal jurisdictions.

Middle ground approach: Instead of a no sourcing rule, we could strictly enforce a no illegal sourcing rule. Nobody should have an expectation of perfection for the information in a public forum. As long as we make reasonable moderation efforts, as opposed to provably intentionally misleading people, there should be very little legal risk. It's important to make clear we aren't providing any warranty or expert endorsement of the information.

Risky approach: A public forum seems like the wrong place for illegal sourcing (even if morally permissible). Maybe it's technically okay but a lawyer should formally sign off on that.

34 minutes ago, integral said:

Im in desperate need of sourcing, everything available to me requires me to be a researcher to get access. 

Is there a way you can meet the legal definition of researcher to the satisfaction of a supplier?

Washington D.C. actually has shroom dispensaries. 

"Reality is a Love Simulator"-Leo Gura

Just give us the link to your drug company already :P

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

In my experience the best way to get anything is TOR/onion/darknet (World Market; in the past, Alphabay and Silk Road). But there are some standard URL sites that sell legal RC's and I'm pretty sure it's perfectly legal to discuss them. I've had conversations with head shop workers about current sites like that, and know a couple off the top of my head that are reputed to work, but I'd like to see if others have successfully used them.

I like the no sourcing rule on the main threads... I think if there was sourcing it would make this website seem more criminal in the countries where they are illegal. Maybe a sourcing thread specfically?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

They have shroom dispensaries in DC and Canada. Like, you can actually walk in there and buy some shrooms, and walk out and then eat them. 

Edited by BuddhistLover

"Reality is a Love Simulator"-Leo Gura