iboughtleosbooklist

You will likely be happier as a materialist...

33 posts in this topic

50 years believing that life is precious & scarce, enjoyed amongst others, with your own free will

Vs.

Infinite years believing that life is guaranteed, nothing to do, nobody to do it, and you are the only conscious being in existence.

Cheers guys, this awakening shit has been a wild ride, but it's time to go back to sleep. There's only so many Jim Newman/Tony Parsons videos I can stomach. 

Lol, 

You act like your a machine just acquiring beliefs 

be spontaneous and live!

Neither materialism or spirituality conclude your ability to enjoy life. 
you do.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

13 hours ago, iboughtleosbooklist said:

Cheers guys, this awakening shit has been a wild ride, but it's time to go back to sleep.

Sounds like you have waved the white flag. yes indeed .. awakening is not for everyone, but those that it is for are bearing some pretty awesome fruits of their labor. Feels good not be human ^_^

You can actually '' escape '' reality and come out of it, taking the blue pills doesn't solve anything.

You know, I know this steak doesn't exist. I know that when I put it in my mouth, the Matrix is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious. After nine years, you know what I realize?

[Takes a bite of steak] 

Ignorance is bliss.

On 2022-04-25 at 9:26 AM, iboughtleosbooklist said:

Cheers guys, this awakening shit has been a wild ride, but it's time to go back to sleep. There's only so many Jim Newman/Tony Parsons videos I can stomach. 

I mean.. They are quite direct with their "teachings", so how much of it do you really need to watch?

When they say that there is no teaching, no one to awaken, nothing to awaken too. Then just take their word for it and move on to something else. It's that simple really. 

There are no nunce to such activity, other than refuting peoples questions in various ways from what I can see. Wheter they have deeper genuine insight that are helpful beyond what they curently do, will remain a mystery. And I personaly don't find those type of "teachers" much more interesting than any random person on the street tbh.

Are you saying that you are feed up with spirituality as a whole because of those type of "teachings"?

@iboughtleosbooklist If you don't like listening to Jim Newman and Tony Pardons find someone you do enjoy listening to. My favorite for a long time was Adyashanti, maybe he will resonate better with you.

The problem with materialism is that your happiness depends on fulfilling your desires but the results are beyond your control.  Just when everything looks good, you have a car accident and are crippled for life.  Or even in the best scenario, you are still on the hamster wheel trying to fulfill the endless list of  desires.  It never ends.  However, your revulsion to the triteness of the non-duality fad is understandable.    

Vincit omnia Veritas.

@iboughtleosbooklist

Being happy when being "materialist" requires things which are outside of your control to be like you want. Basically in that case you outsource your happiness coming from outside of you instead of generating your happiness within you without any requirements. Tell me which one sounds more stable of those 2 choises. When being attached to to things you are happy only if ... while spirituality teaches you to happy whatever the case is.

Who told you that "others" are real?

At the end of the day you have to do both and why put happiness on anything happiness is happiness materialistic pursuits are materialistic pursuits.

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

I find it more fascinating that reality is so mysterious. 

But, these concepts are not things to place my joy or happiness in…

Yesterday when I was feeling the sun, and the fresh spring air I simply rejoiced, and was refreshed.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Lol. What will you do instead? Will you be forgetting about what you've grown to know? 

It reads like you need to go do some more worldly pursuits. Go earn some more money, gamble, have more sex, have more dope. Do it, do it deeply until you're done with it.

Take your time, we'll be here when you're done.

I am that I AM

Well.. it can be lonely I guess and hard to relate to anyone out there. That's where integration comes in. How to embed what you gained from spirituality into the life that you still have. This is a valid path, may be difficult but more fulfilling in the long run. 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

spirituality is not acquiring knowledge, or not only that. doing so can work as a consolation in the face of death, etc, but you will still be unhappy since you will continue to be locked up in the ego. the goal is to free yourself, break the limitations of the mind and live being what you really are: unlimited, love, divinity... to put adjectives. It seems that people are satisfied with knowing things, but they see it as impossible to live in total openness and without limits. why? It's difficult but I think it's perfectly possible. and I also believe that you have to fight for it day by day, not to get caught in the prison of the ego, which is tenacious

2 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

spirituality is not acquiring knowledge, or not only that. doing so can work as a consolation in the face of death, etc, but you will still be unhappy since you will continue to be locked up in the ego. the goal is to free yourself, break the limitations of the mind and live being what you really are: unlimited, love, divinity... to put adjectives. It seems that people are satisfied with knowing things, but they see it as impossible to live in total openness and without limits. why? It's difficult but I think it's perfectly possible. and I also believe that you have to fight for it day by day, not to get caught in the prison of the ego, which is tenacious

Well said. It takes lots of courage and fearlessness to integrate all this into your day-to-day life, where you still have survival needs.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

1 minute ago, puporing said:

It takes lots of courage and fearlessness to integrate all this into your day-to-day life

Yeah , because there is a very strong current that pulls you just in the other direction. Even spiritual people who go on meditation retreats and live in a hippy town are materialistic and egotistical at heart. when you are a teenager it is impossible, you are overwhelmed. They are all messages that push you to attachment, comparison, fear of not fitting in. You are surrounded by toxic and narrow people, since almost everyone is, so nothing to do.  but in the end one has to follow one's own natural tendency, otherwise the unhappiness will be deep, so the way would be found

Have any of you guys trully achived that non materialistic happines?

Or are U just hard belivers in your theory, even a bit deluded, without trully being uncondicionaly happy?

I just see only people falling, or being on an endless ever expending rode of allmost getting but never getting there...

Seekers seeking more, geting worse...

16 minutes ago, Dino D said:

Have any of you guys trully achived that non materialistic happines?

Or are U just hard belivers in your theory, even a bit deluded, without trully being uncondicionaly happy?

I just see only people falling, or being on an endless ever expending rode of allmost getting but never getting there...

Seekers seeking more, geting worse...

All happiness is non materialistic.   Show me an object that has happiness that it can transfer to you.   The happiness always comes from within you.  So, the potential is already inside of you.  Do you really need the object, which you have no control over obtaining, to obtain happiness?   That is a rough expression of the idea.  People who are “seeking” have realized they are on a hamster wheel and looking for ways to get off.

Vincit omnia Veritas.