iboughtleosbooklist

You will likely be happier as a materialist...

33 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

All happiness is non materialistic.   Show me an object that has happiness that it can transfer to you.   The happiness always comes from within you.  So, the potential is already inside of you.  Do you really need the object, which you have no control over obtaining, to obtain happiness?   That is a rough expression of the idea.  People who are “seeking” have realized they are on a hamster wheel and looking for ways to get off.

Nice theory...

But there is not one hamster happyly sitting... They ned food, sex, movement...

For me its the same... I need things and activity that makes me happy... Also if things come that are bad, im sad...

If im ,,empty" at best im not happy not sad... Witch is kind of dull and depressed and again, just sad

So quit the theory, are you happy? 4real, without any outside input

On 4/25/2022 at 3:26 AM, iboughtleosbooklist said:

There's only so many Jim Newman/Tony Parsons videos I can stomach. 

That’s your problem. Find real teachers and actually do the work of awakening. 

7 hours ago, Dino D said:

Nice theory...

But there is not one hamster happyly sitting... They ned food, sex, movement...

For me its the same... I need things and activity that makes me happy... Also if things come that are bad, im sad...

If im ,,empty" at best im not happy not sad... Witch is kind of dull and depressed and again, just sad

So quit the theory, are you happy? 4real, without any outside input

You have stated the beliefs of the materialist perfectly.  So pursue it and find out for yourself if it works.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

If being a materalist makes you happy, then don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. It's your happiness, and you deserve every bit of it.

Edited by BuddhistLover

"Reality is a Love Simulator"-Leo Gura

On 26.4.2022 at 3:16 PM, Jodistrict said:

The problem with materialism is that your happiness depends on fulfilling your desires but the results are beyond your control.  Just when everything looks good, you have a car accident and are crippled for life.  Or even in the best scenario, you are still on the hamster wheel trying to fulfill the endless list of  desires.  It never ends.  However, your revulsion to the triteness of the non-duality fad is understandable.    

Not quite true. Check Epikureism

@Epikur My dear friend, what do those words that you speak mean? I am a curious onlooker, I want to inquire into the nature of your thoughts and feelings.

"Reality is a Love Simulator"-Leo Gura

16 hours ago, Consilience said:

That’s your problem. Find real teachers and actually do the work of awakening. 

^^^ Definitely.

@iboughtleosbooklist

Jim, Tony, Kenneth, Andreas, Ariana, Tim, Richard, etc do in fact transmit nondual realization. However, not only is that not as far as enlightenment goes, but for most seekers, actually hearing the message by just consuming (let’s call a spade a spade) nonduality meetings is like winning the lottery... and even if that happens it is frankly a long, long way from enlightenment.

Don’t pretend the ball isn’t in your court.

Whatever you think nonduality (and enlightenment) is about, it’s not about that — it is utterly beyond anything conceivable. Probably the most common mis-hearing (understandably) of the nondual message is “there’s nothing to do and nowhere to go” which is simply not true.

When nonduality is recognized, identity is over (it has finality to it, unlike basically any other awakenings) — the experiencer apart from reality stops happening. It’s not that choices don’t happen anymore, it’s that there’s no chooser (or material universe) separate from choices. Saying anything about this is still just a story though.

But waking up goes so far beyond nonduality, even though nonduality has finality to it. Paradoxically.

As soon as you authentically want to wake up... you don’t need to read or watch or listen to anything ever again — you’ll have everything you need right here. Perhaps find a real teacher — one that you resonate with — such as Adyashanti or Angelo Dillulo MD.

Edited by The0Self

11 hours ago, iboughtleosbooklist said:

@The0Self Cheers mate, you are one of my favourite members on here.

Cheers :)

13 hours ago, The0Self said:

such as Adyashanti or Angelo Dillulo MD.

Thank you for sharing. Never heard of Angelo Dillulo before but he seems like the real deal. ?

19 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

Thank you for sharing. Never heard of Angelo Dillulo before but he seems like the real deal. ?

He is. ;)

You've inspired me to make a post about him on High Consciousness Resources.

Edited by The0Self