bmcnicho

I’m Becoming Tempted to Drop Random Spiritual Phrases on People that Annoy Me

31 posts in this topic

Like someone wants me to do something and I could just say “There is no doer-ship”

Or someone’s worried about something and I say “The future is imaginary”

Or someone insults me and I say “The boundary between self and other is imaginary, so you’re really just insulting yourself”

I would take the time to correctly explain these ideas to someone who was interested, but for people who aren’t, is there any harm in trolling them in this way?

Edited by bmcnicho

It's a nice way to come off as a weirdo :)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Hopefully not too long from now you will realize how cringe such action is.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You wouldn't be tempted if you were around when that mod-who-must-not-be-named went on spamming that Neo-Advaitan nonsense ?

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

Maybe the desire for doing this is because you feel alone in your understanding and have not fully accepted the cost of reaching where you are at.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Sounds like a fantastic idea!!! What possibly could go wrong?

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

You're tempted to be a spiritual devil

Time to summon the legendary video

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

54 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Time to summon the legendary video

Great video :D

@Leo Gura What’s cringe about it? I find it funny when you troll people on this forum. Maybe I need to come up with some better lines

@Osaid This is hilarious! I get the point that the brown bear is taking things too far, but it does seem like a good way of shutting down ignorance

Edited by bmcnicho

@bmcnicho go for it and let me know how it went ?

World's #1 Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

Oh you should definitely do this, I only wish I could be there to see it because I'd absolutely piss my sides at their puzzled expressions! ?

Oh I'm mean sometimes...

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

You can do that if you don't mind that people think of you as an idiot trying to appear superior because you feel inferior.

3 hours ago, bmcnicho said:

it does seem like a good way of shutting down ignorance

Nope, it's not.

It's pretentious, cringe and nothing but a silly game. "Look at how much better I am, I know more than you, I'm more conscious than you." That's what you're saying.

4 hours ago, bmcnicho said:

but it does seem like a good way of shutting down ignorance

1) 'Why don't you wake up already, stop being lost in your illusions, realise that you are ignorant'  ---> "Ohh, thanks dude, i haven't thought about that, now you helped me a lot!"

2) 'Why don't you wake up already, stop being lost in your illusions, realise that you are ignorant' ---> "Dude, shut the hell up and don't talk to me ever again, you are boring, and provoking. Also i don't know Who tf asked?"

Which one is more likely, the first or the second one?

1 hour ago, zurew said:

1) 'Why don't you wake up already, stop being lost in your illusions, realise that you are ignorant'  ---> "Ohh, thanks dude, i haven't thought about that, now you helped me a lot!"

I read that one as sarcasm ?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, zurew said:

2) 'Why don't you wake up already, stop being lost in your illusions, realise that you are ignorant' ---> "Dude, shut the hell up and don't talk to me ever again, you are boring, and provoking. Also i don't know Who tf asked?"

Which one is more likely, the first or the second one?

Definitely the first one.

I used to do the same. Eventually, you'll end up suffering for it.