Arcangelo

Transgender women (biological men) dominating women's sports

189 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Every sport is unfair. The ones who win, win because they have an unfair advantage.

Amount of training and practice are also a huge factor that comes into play. 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

The people who win in any sport are those whose bodies are most naturally suited for it.

Agree

100%

Just look at the NBA

7 hours ago, vladorion said:

Biological men competing with women is unfair to women.

But being politically correct and not upsetting minority groups is more important these days than being fair and reasonable.

Wow, I never thought I would agree with you on anything!

3 hours ago, Raze said:

Destiny was banned from twitch for speaking on this

He was banned for calling the trans community filthy and degenerate. Paraphrasing.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Arcangelo Transwomen competing with women seems like bullshit to me.

I can't even believe how there can be a discussion about it, it's so obvious that it shouldn't be allowed.

Just imagine if 25 years old LeBron James would have decided 'hey, I suddenly feel like I'm a woman, I'm gonna convert and then compete in the WNBA.'

Just ridiculous.

But of course if you say this you'll immediately get shamed and called a far-right sexist and all kinds of other -ists.

57 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

He was banned for calling the trans community filthy and degenerate. Paraphrasing.

We don’t know why he was banned, twitch literally don’t give a reason.

When did he say that? I’m pretty sure he didn’t say that 

58 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Clip? O.o

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 hours ago, Joel3102 said:

We don’t know why he was banned, twitch literally don’t give a reason.

When did he say that? I’m pretty sure he didn’t say that 

You can find a clip of him saying it.

Pretty sure that would get you banned. It's not some deep mystery.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You can find a clip of him saying it.

Pretty sure that would get you banned. It's not some deep mystery.

Nothing he said was as close to as bad as what Vaush said at 1:11 here.

He may have gone overboard specifically on the hyper online trans community that live on Twitter all day, but in general he’s pro trans and has debated many conservatives on it 

3 hours ago, Something Funny said:

It's not like there's anything stopping a creep to enter a women's bathroom anyway, with or without wig. And the bathroom is not the only place where they can stalk or harass you either. I don't think that not allowing transgender women into female's bathrooms is going to have any effect on this issue, so why make their lives even harder and ostracize then even more? 

What’s stopping them is the illegality of it (I assume in most places around the world) or at least “social etiquette”, if it becomes legal/accepted and a male can be in a female bathroom, there is nothing you can do to get him out of there. The bathroom and change room are more of a target than other places for obvious reasons.

Edited by no_name

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Can you share a video where he said this? I began searching through YouTube to find where he said that.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

@no_name

23 hours ago, no_name said:

Well obviously the situation is more complicated than that, one could come up with more elaborate/complex solutions, and it still will not be a 100% win-win.

I feel this has been a head scratcher for some time already. I think that with sports it’s kinda more obvious to me what the solution should be, but with the bathroom/change room situation it’s more complicated - although many places now, in addition to female/male bathrooms, have a “family” bathroom which is kind of like unisex.

However, I feel that we do need to come up with a solution and have discussions about this in a respectful way and not avoid the topic because it’s “touchy” in a cowardly way.

I agree. I've forwarded one solution, that is to allow a voting system, which includes the participants, maybe the judges and community members of that organization, to either allow a trans person to compete on either the females or males section of the competition. I could see there are some problems to this, like corruption and group think, but it's democratic and gives a more fairer image to the public. Your thoughts on this?

On 3/27/2022 at 11:43 PM, Leo Gura said:

The fact is that winning in all sports highly depends on genetics and physical characteristics. This is not exclusive to men or women, it happens in every sport with a variety of body types. The people who win in any sport are those whose bodies are most naturally suited for it.

Every sport is unfair. The ones who win, win because they have an unfair advantage.

We create categories for people with similar genetics to compete with. 

You don't see light weight boxers competing with heavy weights. We create categories to minimise the effects of genetics. Although we can't completely eliminate genetics factor, categories help in that a lot.

To say "muh genetics all the way down" is a gross generalization and to undermine the purpose of categories in the first place.

@Arcangelo i dont know man you sound like a rightwinger rn lol

On 3/27/2022 at 11:43 PM, Leo Gura said:

^^^

On 3/28/2022 at 0:54 AM, Raze said:

Destiny was banned from twitch for speaking on this

maybe stop being transphobic ?