Arcangelo

Transgender women (biological men) dominating women's sports

189 posts in this topic

How about this solution; let other athletes vote it. If you wanna compete with males ask them if they okay with that girl, let them vote like democracy. Same goes for womans vote that person and see if they want it.

11 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

They shouldn't be allowed to compete. We need a whole new category.

How do y'all feel about this?

They aren't dominating women's sports. I'm not saying that there isn't the possibility that they might have some sort of advantage due to bone structure or whatever, but they aren't dominating. You and far-right media are making this up. 

11 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

I feel anger and frustration because it is cheating.

I feel anger and frustration because it goes to show that the world has gone mad.

Why? Do you watch women's sports? No? Then chill out. You don't really care about women's sports. You are just looking for an excuse to get mad about bs and justify your transphobia.

1 hour ago, trenton said:

Suppose we add another category exclusively for trans athletes.

Not very practical tbf.. How many trans long jump athletes are there really? Maybe a handful? 

I feel like there should be a general rule that says that you aren't allowed to talk about the trans sports debate unless you're also pro trans.

Biological men competing with women is unfair to women.

But being politically correct and not upsetting minority groups is more important these days than being fair and reasonable.

2 hours ago, Godhead said:

Not very practical tbf.. How many trans long jump athletes are there really? Maybe a handful? 

I see what you mean.  I'm trying to find some way to balance what these parties want, and I don't see how else to do this.  There are still scientists debating this matter.

There are some things to iron out of course, but facts are there are going to be people that want to change there gender, there's no getting around that and in fact its always been the case with humans. As a society we then have to decide on the technical issues, the only one really is the sports issue. 

But what I notice is that there are many online commentators that really whip people up into feeling passionate about this. I honestly think most people just wouldn't care or even notice these trans gender issues if it wasn't being brought up in the kind of context it is. For example when you hear of teans genders competing it's always some obscure contest that no one would've even heard of if a million YouTube videos weren't made about it. I'm not saying things don't need to be ironed out but I just think this is way overblown, I don't see the affect it directly has on the op for example.

@Consept

I kind of agree with where your coming from.  Although the issue can seem heated for the parties involved, this really is a small issue compared to all of the other things going on.  Society will need to test its policies on this issue over time. 

You may miss a few details on smaller issues like these, but you seem to be keeping the big picture in mind.

@Consept It can be a real issue though when it's physical contact sports. Not only extreme physical contact like boxing and martial arts. But also sports like rugby and soccer. A man can really physically damage women in those sports causing permanent muscular damage and brain damage.

Men have naturally more muscle mass and higher bone density. So not only are men naturally more equipped to deal heavy physical blows, they are also way more resilient when taking hard blows. So even if you try to level the playing field with introducing weight classes, the man will still have physical advantages over the woman. And these advantages manifesting themselves as the difference in winning and losing is one thing, when people run the risk of physical trauma that's another story.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

In tennis they paired a male tennis player from the back of the list (I think 250th position or something like that) to the women and he anihilated even the best ones without a problem. That's how big of a difference a male and a female body is in sports. And that's just tennis.

I don't see how males acting as women can be allowed anywhere near women's sports. It's no competition. It shouldn't be allowed.

People trying to justify it should take some time to rethink everything.

Obligatory:

Edited by mojsterr

This timeline is getting stupider and stupider just because some people can't deal with the truth. Men aren't women. You can Identify as one if you wish, but bodies are different. Now all of reality must contort to them, just because otherwise their feelings might be hurt. And we sure can't have that now can we. And just like that we're creating weaker and weaker people. Everybody is acting like a child. It's Idiocracy.

Too bad George Carlin died, he would have so much material now. More than anytime before.

post-87851-0-69371500-1619764649.jpg

Edited by mojsterr

@vizual

I agree I  that it's an issue to be sorted out, but i dont think that requires everyone fighting about it. Its also really not that big of an issue in terms of the number of people it affects, the trans people that want to compete in specific sports is so miniscule that its barely an issue, but of course will still need a solution when it does arise. The only time I've seen it be a significant thing was with the 800m runner caster semanya, but she was intersex and obviously had advantages over other women. So maybe the guidelines could be around how much testorone you have or just have seperate categories, but it doesn't really warrant the amount of attention this has got, esp considering there are literal wars and human rights violations going on daily, there's still slavery even, this trans issue should be way down the docket in terms if attention it's receiving. 

In my opinion it's become such a hot issue because the right use it as stick to hit woke culture with, but if you make an issue bigger than it is to attack a movement then how bad is that movement really? If you look at the intentions behind woke culture it's really to have a society that finds a place for everyone within it, now their ideal might take the pursuit too far wear in other groups can be affected, but the intention is at least positive. The right don't seem to have that intention and in fact they seem to make woke culture worse in a way to not give certain people a place in society, they need to be realistic and realise society will evolve and change. Bur both sides need to actually work out a reasonable way forward. 

The fact is that winning in all sports highly depends on genetics and physical characteristics. This is not exclusive to men or women, it happens in every sport with a variety of body types. The people who win in any sport are those whose bodies are most naturally suited for it.

Every sport is unfair. The ones who win, win because they have an unfair advantage.

If the strongest human was to wrestle with a gorilla, he would lose. Which is why taking pride in "being the best" is rather silly. A chimp is so naturally strong he can rip the arms out of a grown man's sockets.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@no_name

17 hours ago, no_name said:

As a woman I would not feel safe with trans women using the same bathroom/changing room as biological women - the reason for that is simple, nothing is stopping a creep/pervert/rapist/pedophile to put on a wig pretending to be a trans woman. 

Same thing with competitions, men are physically stronger than women, biological women will always be at a disadvantage compared to trans women. It does not make for a fair competition, and can discourage a lot of biological female athletes from participation. 

This sounds similar to J.K.Rowling's experience of this issue.

@Sucuk Ekmek

9 hours ago, Sucuk Ekmek said:

How about this solution; let other athletes vote it. If you wanna compete with males ask them if they okay with that girl, let them vote like democracy. Same goes for womans vote that person and see if they want it.

This! This could be a god solution. Let all the competitors give a vote if they want a trans competing in their field. That seems fair and democratic.

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If the strongest human was to wrestle with a gorilla, he would lose. 

Lose is kinda optimistic.

@Godhead

8 hours ago, Godhead said:

justify your transphobia.

You are projecting and gaslighting.

Welcome to my ignore list.

I love gay and transgender people.

I really do. Less competition.

Personally, sports are weird 

I also think this who transgender topic is to emotional for people that I just keep to myself about it.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

@no_name

This sounds similar to J.K.Rowling's experience of this issue.

Well obviously the situation is more complicated than that, one could come up with more elaborate/complex solutions, and it still will not be a 100% win-win.

I feel this has been a head scratcher for some time already. I think that with sports it’s kinda more obvious to me what the solution should be, but with the bathroom/change room situation it’s more complicated - although many places now, in addition to female/male bathrooms, have a “family” bathroom which is kind of like unisex.

However, I feel that we do need to come up with a solution and have discussions about this in a respectful way and not avoid the topic because it’s “touchy” in a cowardly way.

Edited by no_name