Arcangelo

Transgender women (biological men) dominating women's sports

189 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

@Bobby_2021 I fail to see what anything you just said has to do with what you quoted from my post.

"My understanding of the self-ID view is that you're a woman if you identify as whatever you think a woman is,"

As you have said.

I am saying that a women is a concept much like Santa claus. 

A woman is someone who identify with the concept of a woman.

Just like you are batman if you dress like batman and identify as such.

So what is a batman?

It's a fictional concept.

Likewise a woman is also a fictional concept. 

It isn't a circular definition is what I am saying.

Because a woman isn't a definitive object to point to. 

Edited by Bobby_2021

@Bobby_2021

"Definition" is a concept too. "Circularity" is a concept too. The type of conceptualization you're pointing to is completely irrelevant. The definition is still circular.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

47 minutes ago, Consept said:

How are you defining body dysphoria?

How would you define body? 

@Consept

1 hour ago, Consept said:

How are you defining body dysphoria?

I define it as a distortion of perceiving yourself as a self image and self construct, specifically the appearance of your male/female self image firstly. Secondly self identity, narratives you pick while growing up builds on top of that.

Also Mr. Girl, If I remember, said all trans people are sick in the head and have a distorted image of their body. Is this true?

Also, what does transsexuality mean to you, before I give my take?

2 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Consept

I define it as a distortion of perceiving yourself as a self image and self construct, specifically the appearance of your male/female self image firstly. Secondly self identity, narratives you pick while growing up builds on top of that.

Also Mr. Girl, If I remember, said all trans people are sick in the head and have a distorted image of their body. Is this true?

Also, what does transsexuality mean to you, before I give my take?

I'm not really an expert but as I understand it transsexuality is when internally you feel that you are a different gender than the sex you were born into. But where it makes more sense to me is someone who was born with a brain that is structurally more similar to the opposite sex, which there is some research regarding mri scans of transgender people. In this case it would make sense that gender dysphoria would occur, however I wouldn't say that a male with gender dysphoria is a woman, I think trans woman makes more sense as they've had completely different experiences in life, not to mention different bodies.

Regarding the Mr. Girl quote, I don't know the full context but it does seem a bit harsh considering the brain structure stuff. It's difficult to label people that are otherwise fully functioning as sick especially if they're not hurting anyone, but where I'd agree with him is, that some of trans-women insist they are 'real women' and I think this is a delusion and can also be harmful when pushed on others. 

But yeah I don't know, what's your take?

@Consept

13 hours ago, Consept said:

I'm not really an expert but as I understand it transsexuality is when internally you feel that you are a different gender than the sex you were born into. But where it makes more sense to me is someone who was born with a brain that is structurally more similar to the opposite sex, which there is some research regarding mri scans of transgender people. In this case it would make sense that gender dysphoria would occur, however I wouldn't say that a male with gender dysphoria is a woman, I think trans woman makes more sense as they've had completely different experiences in life, not to mention different bodies.

Regarding the Mr. Girl quote, I don't know the full context but it does seem a bit harsh considering the brain structure stuff. It's difficult to label people that are otherwise fully functioning as sick especially if they're not hurting anyone, but where I'd agree with him is, that some of trans-women insist they are 'real women' and I think this is a delusion and can also be harmful when pushed on others. 

But yeah I don't know, what's your take?

Yes, I agree with that definition of yours, as it's a basic level of a trans person's self awareness, they have an internal image of themselves as a slightly to moderately different gender role than the biological sex of their physical bodies.

My take on Transexuality generally, the second definition that makes it more metaphysical and spiritual and most people would be confused or lost in understanding, is that it means you are beyond sexuality. Similar meanings to transcendence, transformation, transpersonal, transpersonal psychology, trans-rational. 'Going Meta' also is similar as you are widening your scope to see much more than the context you were viewing from. At most, people would think you are talking about celibacy, or asexuality, but actually it's more radical than those two, as those two the mind has developed attachments to. A person whose truly transcended sexuality would be deeply detached to all things sexual and wouldn't be too bothered at all.