Meliodas

How do I gain weight ?

63 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Complications will vary from person to person.

Keep in mind all of this will be expensive. You're throwing money down your mouth hole.

It may be expensive , but good health is a asset , isn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Meliodas said:

It may be expensive , but good health is a asset , isn't it?

But you will have the best health eating less and being lean.

The human body is not supposed to be bulky, but lean and agile.

Just consuming more calories is unhealthy, even if they come from health food.

Bodybuilding is not a healthy activity, it's done by guys from an insecure place where they don't feel man enough being lean.

If you exercised for health you would not be swole.


You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

As much as possible with lots of snacks too.

What's your reason behind saying this apart that its what mainstream says? 


Being a Guru is frustrating because what can be done in a moment, people make it a lifetime.’

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But you will have the best health eating less and being lean.

The human body is not supposed to be bulky, but lean and agile.

Just consuming more calories is unhealthy, even if they come from health food.

Bodybuilding is not a healthy activity, it's done by guys from an insecure place where they don't feel man enough being lean.

If you exercised for health you would not be swole.

hmmmmm.......

Honestly , i thought the other the way around , i dont know if what you are saying is correct or not... but i will read more about this topic , because up until now i thought that the mesomorphic body type is the ideal body type...

i am not at all insecure body , i just wanted to be in good health.

I am not interested in getting bad health , so i will not follow any of the above instructions without properly researching , if it seems what you are saying is right , i will continue with what i am normally eating.

IF YOU CAN EXPLAIN , CAN YOU EXPLAIN WHY BODYBUILDING IS UNHEALTHY?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But you will have the best health eating less and being lean.

The human body is not supposed to be bulky, but lean and agile.

Just consuming more calories is unhealthy, even if they come from health food.

Bodybuilding is not a healthy activity, it's done by guys from an insecure place where they don't feel man enough being lean.

If you exercised for health you would not be swole.

Of course according to leo's logic being fat is a valid reason to not feel man enough, so you should lose weight, but guys who are too lanky should just be gaslighted into believing getting bulkier should not be done.

Rule of thumb: Whatever Leo is doing or has done is the right way and everything else is just based on cultural anxiety. Leo is the perfect human. Leo lost weight but did not build muscle so that is the way the human body "is supposed to be".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Meliodas

Whatever it takes method:

1) Never drink calorieless fluids. If you drink something, make sure it has a lot of calories in it (it will be almost all sugar)

2) Make sure to force some calories right after waking up so you ARE NOT doing any intermittent fasting

3) Abandon all low calorie-dense foods like boiled potatoes, vegetables, fruits

4) Don't eat too high protein diet. If you weigh 50kg, you only need about 80g of protein a day to grow muscle optimally. So eat a relatively low protein diet

5) If the above points fail - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megestrol_acetate

The method I recommend:

1) Generally speaking, if your muscles will have a strong impulse to grow, your appetite will increase. Train hard at the gym eat a moderate amount of protein ~100g and always eat until you're full = you should very slowly but surely gain weight and stay low bf% as you are naturally lean

2) Base most of your calories on foods like pasta, white rice, peanut butter, eggs, whole milk, cheese...

Edited by Enlightenment

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

                                                                                            -- Kenneth Folk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Enlightenment said:

@Meliodas

Whatever it takes method:

1) Never drink calorieless fluids. If you drink something, make sure it has a lot of calories in it (it will be almost all sugar)

2) Make sure to force some calories right after waking up so you ARE NOT doing any intermittent fasting

3) Abandon all low calorie-dense foods like boiled potatoes, vegetables, fruits

4) Don't eat too high protein diet. If you weigh 50kg, you only need about 80g of protein a day to grow muscle optimally. So eat a relatively low protein diet

5) If the above points fail - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megestrol_acetate

The method I recommend:

1) Generally speaking, if your muscles will have a strong impulse to grow, your appetite will increase. Train hard at the gym eat a moderate amount of protein ~100g and always eat until you're full = you should very slowly but surely gain weight and stay low bf% as you are naturally lean

2) Base most of your calories on foods like pasta, white rice, peanut butter, eggs, whole milk, cheese...

I told some guy to put lsd in his parents' tea and it still was a better advice than what you did here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

But you will have the best health eating less and being lean.

The human body is not supposed to be bulky, but lean and agile.

If you exercised for health you would not be swole.

I feel like this idea exists FUCKING NOWHERE. Like it's super unrepresented. 

Yet it makes the most sense. 

I've been intuitively, unconsciously doing this myself. Exercising for health. Doing some kettlebells, eating as much as I need and no more. 


I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

But you will have the best health eating less and being lean.

If you exercised for health you would not be swole.

Can you bother to give a brief definition of what you consider to be "exercise for health" these days? 

20 min of cardio? Stretching and Hatha Yoga? Light bodyweight exercises? Elevating your heartrate? 


World's #1 Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

You are Dog. - Geo Lura.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/11/2021 at 4:11 PM, mmKay said:

I'd love to hear y'alls opinion on chugging vegetable oils , like high quality organic cold pressed extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil.

I'd suggest looking at this guy's channel if you're worried about the health outcomes of vegetable oils. Nutrivore, despite having a tiny following and a tiny channel is an incredibly educative source of information when it comes to topics like saturated fats, heart disease, cholesterol vegetable oils and this entire black hole that nobody really wants go down. His blog posts have a big ass list of references, I've never ever seen anyone go that deep on these topics. 

The guy deserves more subs for sure. 

 


“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at how tribal people live in the Amazon and Africa. They are not jacked. They are lean and agile. This is what your body was designed for. Being bulky is energy inefficient. Maintaining muscle you don't need is inefficient. Your body intelligently produces just enough muscle to achieve whatever tasks you do on a daily basis. Anything more than that is inefficient. Unless you lug rocks around for a living, you don't need to be bulky.

Also notice that yogis, saints, and mystics tend to be lean. Although oddly enough not Yogananda.

If you have an ectomorph body type, you gotta learn to love it and appreciate the intelligence of its design, rather than trying to become an endomorph to feel more secure about yourself as a man.


You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) find out maintenance based on your height, weight & activity level 

2) Eat 200-400 calories above maintenance, would suggest mainly wholefoods, and if you're taking things serious, supplements like Creatine, EAAS etc can be helpful

3) Weight Train 3-5 times a week, if you've never done it before 3 days full body probs the easiest way to go, find a programme you like, make sure your hitting sufficient volume, proper exercise selection, plenty of YTers & programs out there to pick from. 

Just to add a different anecdote, I'm by no means huge, but personally feel a LOT better now I've put on some muscle & have a training routine I stick to. 

Benefits go beyond the physical too, daily exercise helps a lot with overall mood, discipline & gives even more reason to eat properly & sleep properly. 

@Michael569 Has helped me set up a plan to do it all holistically & in the healthiest way possible, which I'm thankful for. 

My advice would be test out the Gym and see if its for you, no one size fits all, maybe you prefer running, or cycling etc, personally I prefer Gym & Sport, just find whatever you enjoy / can stick to long-term


'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   As long as you're not bulking, and eating at surplus calories, you'll gain weight over time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

   As long as you're not bulking, and eating at surplus calories, you'll gain weight over time.

Wut? The point of bulking is to gain weight xD


Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Look at how tribal people live in the Amazon and Africa. They are not jacked. They are lean and agile. This is what your body was designed for. Being bulky is energy inefficient. Maintaining muscle you don't need is inefficient. Your body intelligently produces just enough muscle to achieve whatever tasks you do on a daily basis. Anything more than that is inefficient. Unless you lug rocks around for a living, you don't need to be bulky.

The only way lifting weights translates to my daily life is it makes carrying groceries effortless and makes moving stacks of dinner plates between my room and the kitchen into a circus performance, both of which are a result of having to fuel my weight training :S

On a more serious note, I mainly treat it as a hobby. It's fun and it feels good. It also has an interesting effect on my mental state. It gives me a level of calm and mental stability that I don't get from simply jogging. I think it's because the catabolic effect (stress) of jogging extends past the duration of the session while weight training switches more quickly over to anabolic (rest). Either that, or it's simply that the associated gene transcription factors are inherently more calming. It increases aspects of cognitive functioning as well.


Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Look at how tribal people live in the Amazon and Africa. They are not jacked. They are lean and agile. This is what your body was designed for. Being bulky is energy inefficient. Maintaining muscle you don't need is inefficient. Your body intelligently produces just enough muscle to achieve whatever tasks you do on a daily basis. Anything more than that is inefficient. Unless you lug rocks around for a living, you don't need to be bulky.

Also notice that yogis, saints, and mystics tend to be lean. Although oddly enough not Yogananda.

If you have an ectomorph body type, you gotta learn to love it and appreciate the intelligence of its design, rather than trying to become an endomorph to feel more secure about yourself as a man.

https://youtu.be/Ny4bHOnSg0o

Beautiful quality insight vid. Can't remember if you posted a part of this on your blog. 

So basically, if we were to imitate the primal ways we'd do lots and lots of cardio of various degrees (walking, climbing, crawling, sprinting ) and actually not eat THAT much .

Weight lifting is not that important cause we leverage tools and the numerosity of tribe members ( three average people outlift one jacked dude any day, and it's way more efficient) .

Sitting around for hours and days is extremely unnatural in the large scope of our evolution.

Actually body building is so unnatural just by its structure itself. 1 hour of intense work out every few days and chill the rest of the time? It's completely oposite to what we've just seen in the vid. 

If you're left with a skinny sharp body that's actually what's ideal and the desire to be chiseled is just social conditioning.

I mean it's not even effective to attract girls. It doesn't work for status and power because social skills and charisma are superior any day. No matter how shredded you are 3 dudes f*ck you up easy. Muscles are no armour to sharp sticks and stones so better become socially attuned. 

 

It may help you feel a bit to feel better about yourself but it's peanuts compared with self/image  -  self esteem work

 

This helped me to recontextualize me power walking at my 9-5 as a good and natural thing and actually a luxary. If I feel burnt out it' probably my shoes or fcked up walking pattern and other stuff that's I'd need to work on. 

 

@Michael569 thanks for the resource. I asked my question about possible dangers of high oxolates in olive oil to the man himself.


World's #1 Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

You are Dog. - Geo Lura.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, mmKay said:

https://youtu.be/Ny4bHOnSg0o

Beautiful quality insight vid. Can't remember if you posted a part of this on your blog. 

So basically, if we were to imitate the primal ways we'd do lots and lots of cardio of various degrees (walking, climbing, crawling, sprinting ) and actually not eat THAT much .

Weight lifting is not that important cause we leverage tools and the numerosity of tribe members ( three average people outlift one jacked dude any day, and it's way more efficient) .

Sitting around for hours and days is extremely unnatural in the large scope of our evolution.

Actually body building is so unnatural just by its structure itself. 1 hour of intense work out every few days and chill the rest of the time? It's completely oposite to what we've just seen in the vid. 

If you're left with a skinny sharp body that's actually what's ideal and the desire to be chiseled is just social conditioning.

I mean it's not even effective to attract girls. It doesn't work for status and power because social skills and charisma are superior any day. No matter how shredded you are 3 dudes f*ck you up easy. Muscles are no armour to sharp sticks and stones so better become socially attuned. 

 

It may help you feel a bit to feel better about yourself but it's peanuts compared with self/image  -  self esteem work

 

This helped me to recontextualize me power walking at my 9-5 as a good and natural thing and actually a luxary. If I feel burnt out it' probably my shoes or fcked up walking pattern and other stuff that's I'd need to work on. 

 

@Michael569 thanks for the resource. I asked my question about possible dangers of high oxolates in olive oil to the man himself.

 

@Michael569 Thoughts on this? 


'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Meliodas 

Sup fellow soul, hope you’re doing phenomenal ? 

I’m a Holistic Lifestyle Coach and can totally help you out ? 

To reach your 1 goal, you gotta balance the 2 forces ☯️ and your 3 choices (optimal, suboptimal and inaction) when it comes to the 4 doctors: Diet, Movement, Quiet, and Happiness. Get those variables holistically aligned and you can reach your goal. 

First, a few questions:

1. What are you eating? 

2. What’s your exercise schedule? 

3. How’s your sleep? 

4. How are you feeling emotionally?

You’re absolutely right about wanting to gain weight in a healthy way. 
There’s generic advice everywhere, yet you got your own body/needs. 
We can dive much deeper if you will, although these are the basics.

You can reply here or send me a private message if you prefer. 
Anyone wanting to improve their physical/mental health wants to try a new approach, feel free to message me as well. 
Namaste ?? 

Edited by Mannyb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Look at how tribal people live in the Amazon and Africa. They are not jacked. They are lean and agile. This is what your body was designed for. Being bulky is energy inefficient. Maintaining muscle you don't need is inefficient. Your body intelligently produces just enough muscle to achieve whatever tasks you do on a daily basis. Anything more than that is inefficient. Unless you lug rocks around for a living, you don't need to be bulky.

Also notice that yogis, saints, and mystics tend to be lean. Although oddly enough not Yogananda.

If you have an ectomorph body type, you gotta learn to love it and appreciate the intelligence of its design, rather than trying to become an endomorph to feel more secure about yourself as a man.

I've quietly had this very intuition for about an year now, but I've never seen it spelled out so bluntly. Thanks for this.

 

8 hours ago, mmKay said:

https://youtu.be/Ny4bHOnSg0o

Beautiful quality insight vid. Can't remember if you posted a part of this on your blog. 

So basically, if we were to imitate the primal ways we'd do lots and lots of cardio of various degrees (walking, climbing, crawling, sprinting ) and actually not eat THAT much .

Weight lifting is not that important cause we leverage tools and the numerosity of tribe members ( three average people outlift one jacked dude any day, and it's way more efficient) .

Sitting around for hours and days is extremely unnatural in the large scope of our evolution.

Actually body building is so unnatural just by its structure itself. 1 hour of intense work out every few days and chill the rest of the time? It's completely oposite to what we've just seen in the vid. 

If you're left with a skinny sharp body that's actually what's ideal and the desire to be chiseled is just social conditioning.

I mean it's not even effective to attract girls. It doesn't work for status and power because social skills and charisma are superior any day. No matter how shredded you are 3 dudes f*ck you up easy. Muscles are no armour to sharp sticks and stones so better become socially attuned. 

 

It may help you feel a bit to feel better about yourself but it's peanuts compared with self/image  -  self esteem work

 

This helped me to recontextualize me power walking at my 9-5 as a good and natural thing and actually a luxary. If I feel burnt out it' probably my shoes or fcked up walking pattern and other stuff that's I'd need to work on. 

 

@Michael569 thanks for the resource. I asked my question about possible dangers of high oxolates in olive oil to the man himself.

 

Unequivocally based.

Esp the part about the superiority of social skills, and the fact that desiring bulk is sheer social-matrix-hypnosis.


It's Love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Working out to degrade your muscles does not result in an unhealthy body. It makes you feel good inherently - when you sit up out of bed, when you lie on your stomach or sides  when you walk and sit down in your car. Even sitting down on a chair will feel better with a hearty butt pad and improved, expanded back posture that can more easily hold it's own weight without fatigue.

If you want the bare minimum,  you can remain as strong as your natural constitution is based on your lifestyle and habits. Aquiring unneeded strength is a worthwhile endeavor for many people who value their body as a vessel of beauty.  As humans we have the capacity to be beyond natural, naturally. That of course is not a requirement to live happily,  nor is it a reason to look down upon those who chose to go beyond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now