Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BipolarGrowth

What is the greatest spiritual goal?

31 posts in this topic

I’ve become satiated in the spiritual stuff I’ve heard people being able to do other than mahasamadhi which I have no interest in (do not derail the thread about it either please). What are some awesome spiritual goals which keep you guys motivated to keep going? 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

24 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

I’ve become satiated in the spiritual stuff I’ve heard people being able to do other than mahasamadhi which I have no interest in (do not derail the thread about it either please). What are some awesome spiritual goals which keep you guys motivated to keep going? 

Dem money and luxurious lifestyle.

being (goal-less-ness?), letting go (maybe of attachment to satiation, fulfillment, goal setting), revealing/expanding wonder and awe in immediate experience

a form of "cultural grounding" as @Zeroguy may be hinting at? :x

@BipolarGrowth The "greatest spiritual goal"? It's not a "goal". It can't be achieved, by nobody. It's something like the 10th picture I'd say. Remember we talked on the phone about this? I told you "Buji" (無事). Nothing special, nothing to do.

An excerpt from the Línjì-lù (臨済錄  - "the record of Línjì"): 

Huangbo says: "The hundred-odd kinds of knowledge do not compare with non-seeking. Th is is the ultimate. The person of the way is the one who has nothing to do, who has no mind at all and no doctrine to preach. Having nothing to do, such a person lives at ease."

Goal is always going to be a relative thing. For Eastern traditions as I understand the greatest goal was to "end suffering".

I believe the greatest goal is to understand reality and what you/God really is.

To develop a clear mind. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, WelcometoReality said:

@BipolarGrowth To be perfectly content with what is and let all goals and sense of purpose fall away.

Damn it! I don’t like this! I want more haha ? but I don’t give enough of a shit to care on much but just being a good person to others longer than 5 minutes to actualize anything anyway. Even feeling my super satisfying bliss sensations just isn’t worth the effort anymore. I’m just a bum, and it feels so devilishly good. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 

3 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

What are some awesome spiritual goals which keep you guys motivated to keep going? 

@BipolarGrowth I dont have goals and i dont need to keep myself motivated to do spirituality. Spirituality has just happened to me, and actually spirituality have destroyed my material goals i had in the past, i had to rebuild them, and now its impossible for me to take them as seriously as in the past.

Edited by AdamR95

The ultimate goals of spirituality are to be unconditionally self-loving, and to have the deepest metaphysical connection and understanding of oneself and existence.  

I doubt my intuition from time to time; but not this time.

Edited by jimwell
removed an excess sentence

There's no goal to anything. All paths lead to the same place, the only difference is some paths make a joyful journey and some make a miserable journey. Spirituality is nothing other than finding that path that provides a joyful journey, that's all it is - everything else is the ego deluding itself endlessly.

transcend the ego as much as possible to enjoy the beauty and joy of what you really are and go beyond fear

45 minutes ago, Nahm said:

The awakening of every last person on this planet. 

Hahahahahahahahaha 

I will stick with that dolla hunt. Laters. 

Already experienced enough "love" from those mofos.Had so much time to experience who they really are.and to learn everything about them to ever again fall for same trick again. 

Bye. 

Edited by Zeroguy

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

The awakening of every last person on this planet. 

But in truth any Buddha knows that no beings are ever enlightened. 

I believe it is loving everything, everyone. 

"whatever arises, love that" like Matt Kahn  said

1. For goals to still take place but to have no ability of adding anything to one's self since one is already whole.

2. Be ultimately loving of and as all things.

3. To fulfil one's role in the catalysis of global awakening.

Edited by The0Self

simply being fully yourself. meaning to be aligned with the unique natural vibration that you are. Which is, what I would think, also what anybody here actually really wants, because that means being aligned with what feels good. That doesn't mean at all growth/more has stopped. Pushing spirituality is a contradiction.

But hey, when you're really anxiously trying to get to some ego/mind made fantasies, you might just feel the tendency to flat out ignore statements such as that:)

Edited by Waken