Leo Gura

Making The Podcast Rounds -- Need Your Suggestions

257 posts in this topic

@Nahm and @Leo Gura should def do a podcast together!!! Make it happen ??

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

29 minutes ago, Rigel said:

L4D with Paul chek

It's mainly about health but it dives deep into spiritually also

This. Paul is also quite the 5-meo connoisseur, in Aubrey Marcus' podcast he talked about something like 100 5-meo breakthroughs he has been through. He just doesn't talk about that too much, but maybe with Leo he could find some common ground to talk about it.

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

Definitely the Aubrey Marcus podcast since you were already in the talks of making that happen some time ago.

He has integrated a lot of turquoise and is quite far on his spiritual journey as you probably know. He is also very open to talk about love and things that other people hit a ceiling on in yellow, he is well past that point. You guys could also talk about health and how it connects with spirituality since he does have wide knowledge on that topic. 

https://www.youtube.com/c/AubreyMarcusPod/videos

https://www.aubreymarcus.com/pages/about  (Bookings below)

Edited by fridjonk

36 minutes ago, Dryas said:

Ohhh actually a conversation with JP or Harris would be really entertaining even if they’re not the most open minded people. Go for it! 

Who's more close minded I wonder, JP or Sam Harris :D

I think it's too close to call. I think they'll both be contentious but at different levels/points. Sam Harris is likely to be more linear in defence, JP more convoluted. Ofc there will be lots of similarity. 

With JP, he'll likely be contentious at the level of academic philosophy. He'll question the validity of direct consciousness and discovery of God through stage blue reasoning and abstract philosophy.

Add some defence he has of Christian values against those Eastern/Buddhist approaches to spirituality. 

Throw in some of his ravings about what Leo is proposing as being "very dangerous". "The unconscious is a dangerous place with monsters that will eat you alive".

Maybe add some "we live in a society and you can't be yourself" thought processes for him. 

Sam Harris will have a highly prickly and contentious discussion, but will nonetheless be more linear and simple to understand. He's more likely to argue with Leo on terms they both understand. He'll try to refute or question Leo with materialism and science. 

Sam Harris is familiar with meditation and psychedelics, but he frames it with his ideology

So in this sense, I see JP as more tricky than Sam Harris. But it would depend on the goal of your discussion. I think JP is mystically inclined and doesn't only think in logical terms, something I like about him over Sam. But he has matrixes of religious thinking 

36 minutes ago, Dryas said:

Lex Fridman has my vote too. 

Idk much about Lex but I'm surprised people are voting for him. He seems pretty rationalist, but that's just my surface level impression. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Russel Brand - Under the Skin - would be EPIC!

Could also chat with Teal Swan

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

So I've started opening myself up more to doing interviews and appearances on other podcasts and channels.

Today I recorded a 2hr conversation with Charlie from Charisma On Command. Not sure yet when he will publish it but I'll let you know.

But anyhow, I am gonna try to do more public appearances over the next year. If you have any favorite podcasts or YT channels that you watch which you think would be suitable and open to have deep conversations about the kind of topics I talk about, please share links below. Ideally include a brief explanation/description of why you think it's a good fit.

Keep in mind that I am not looking to do confrontational debates against ideologues. To do an interview/convo the owner of the podcast or YT channel needs to demonstrate a high degree of openmindedness and meta-cognition, otherwise it will mostly be a waste of time.

I know my channel is quite a bit smaller than yours as I only have 49k subs at this point. But I'd love to do a collaboration with you. Let me know if you'd be interested. 

Edited by Emerald

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Teal Swan would be really interesting 

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

Yea whatever the case it’ll be fun to see lol. I think Lex is a lot more open than JP and Harris.

I think I could get through to JP better than Sam Harris. I can appeal to JP's sense of God and actually explain God to him. The same cannot be said for Harris. Harris will deny it till the cows come home.

But both would be very difficult to navigate. It would be like walking a tight rope at the circus with the crowd throwing tomatoes at you. Their fanbases will be very hostile. That is the problem with these big name public intellectuals. They have too much to lose from a deep conversation about truth.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura You should talk to the Conspirituality guys. Haha they would have heart attacks on the spot. 

On a more serious note:

-The Stoa

-Rebel Wisdom

-Everyone Is Right (integral community)

-Future Thinkers 

-Buddha at the Gas Pump

@Leo Gura JP has been opening up a lot I think, would be interesting

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 minute ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

@Leo Gura I’m wondering if you will ever go mainstream, maybe you could be the next Osho?

That's not really my goal.

I am mostly laying groundwork for the book I will publish in some years that will change the world.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Glad you decided to go BIG.

Any clues you can give us on what the book is about? Might helps us to search the right podcast/audience for it.

Edited by SolarWarden
Misstaken that Connor Murphy had a podcast

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I can appeal to JP's sense of God and actually explain God to him.

JP might go harder in this direction in the future. His talk with Russel Brand and other recent appearances seems to show this.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

29 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

JP might go harder in this direction in the future. His talk with Russel Brand and other recent appearances seems to show this.

I would rather have JP as a regular conversation partner than Sam. JP is more holistic and insightful imo. He's more well rounded, whereas Sam would just be left brain. 

No offence to Sam but if I wanted to talk to a robot I would just ask Alexa something. 

JP has lots of genuine passion. He's gone through a lot of shit and is still here, this battle over the psyche and soul actually means something to him. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Connor murphy!!

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

I think it's worth it to talk to JP as he currently has a thing going on that's easy to join. I think you and Jordan could have interesting conversations about Epistimology, morality, values and philosophy. So it would be worth it, even if he won't agree with your politics or whatever. Obviously try Joe Rogan. 

Other than that, since you already spoke with Charlie Houbert, an Ex-PUA. I think you might like David Tian PHD, and his "DTPHD Podcast". It's about relationships, love, therapy and mens development. So your content on survival, emotions, self, self-bias and fulfillment in life could converge with him well I think. He also has an Ex-PUA and Philosophy background. I think you can discuss and agree on how Ego works and impacts relationships, as well as how young people could mature into them and learn more wisdom. I also think The Natural Lifestyles, another channel that came alive from PUA, but has evolved past it, has a "The Natural Lifestyles Podcast with James Marshall." you can become a part of if you want. They are interested in psychedelics for emotional development, meditation, and talk in the dating combined with lifestyle niche. You can talk about mens inner game issues, how people use ego to screw themselves, and how relationships really work, but without the toxic parts of PUA. Both of these people understand "the grey reality of dating" that a PUA would have, but generally don't have the toxic baggage people that join Red-Pill politics have. So if you're gonna do a "How to get laid -Part 1,2,3" I think these people are gonna inspire what you want to talk about in such episodes. You can have generally high consciousness conversations about dating that you can't find elsewhere, much as Charlie has the ability to do. They both have YouTube channels "David Tian, Ph.D., and Aura University" as well as "The Natural Lifestyles". They aren't quite Sage philosophers like you, but they do their thing on a high level, and you can create something cool if you collaborate. Also a third option is "The Todd V Show" Which I like and would enjoy to see you collab with, but it's admittedly purely a PUA-podcast. I would say all these have a lot of Stage Yellow in them, while not really Turquoise yet. They also don't demonize any stage very much, but are not completely Yellow yet either.  

If you want a preview, try searching "Your Favourite Conspiracy Theory Is Wrong - James & Shae Go Down The Rabbit Hole" as well as "Why Judging Isn't Always Bad | DTPHD Podcast Episode 29" on Youtube. 

Also, I think you if you try talking to the progressive youtuber podcasts, like Kulinkski, Pakman, Vaush or Breadtube, I think you can give them wisdom to help them become better at reading the politics in America better and give them strategy. While they are in their own echo chamber, I think they are open to disguss the flaws in their thinking and learn from others. For instance while Krystal and Kyle initially were very lukewarm on Marriane Williamson in the beginning, they were able to get to know and speak to her, and really gain a lot of new respect for her in time, after they had a podcast together. Which says to me they are willing to learn if you let them. Speaking of which, Marianne Williamson has her own podcast now that you could mesh with, and combine spiritually and politics and good discussion of corruption and ego if you want to. 

Because you focus on the big picture you have a lot of options when picking who to talk to. Experiment!

GL

Edited by YomiZen

9 hours ago, Opo said:

I'd love to see you talk with Duncan Trussell he is very open minded and a loving guy. 

His podcast is called Family hour I don't watch it personally but he made a cartoon out of the soundbites from the podcast and is seems like the perfect thing for you. 

I. Agree.

Though do be warned, Duncan Trussell does have a bit of dogma and on his podcast, sometimes you can just hear him filter what the other person says through his mind, then distort it into concepts he's comfortable with.

Talk to Infinite Waters lol

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"