Jaccobtw

Are You Getting Vaccinated?

108 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Matt23 said:

I seem split almost.  Like there's a rational side and less skeptical or worried side which says "Just do it, it's the responsible thing to do and probably nothing bad will happen" (which is the side I feel is more "in charge").  But there's another side which is anxious and not trusting too much and feels worried about it. 

In any case, pretty sure I'm getting it no matter the anxious feelings and worry.

Trust yourself, not the news or the government.

1 hour ago, vladorion said:

Dont trust yourself or news. Trust studies.

I'll take the vaccine when they either tell me to, or when essential workers and people with higher severity rate have gotten one. I live far away from my family and friends in a countryside. If I get the job I applied to, its done from home. Im less entitled to a vaccine than a father of 3 children who works as a sales clerk.

Yes. Im getting the vaccine. I would gladly sacrifice myself to get this pandemic over with. So its not just about me personally "feeling safe". 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

13 minutes ago, Hansu said:

Dont trust yourself or news. Trust studies.

I'll take the vaccine when they either tell me to, or when essential workers and people with higher severity rate have gotten one. I live far away from my family and friends in a countryside. If I get the job I applied to, its done from home. Im less entitled to a vaccine than a father of 3 children who works as a sales clerk.

I don't know where you live, but the time when only essential workers and people with a higher severity rate were getting the shot has already passed. Severe reactions to the Pfizer vaccine were about the same as the placebo. There's no real reason to delay getting the vaccine anymore unless you know you're allergic to one of its ingredients. Make plans to get the vaccine now, as it may be a while before they actually get around to injecting you. 

I should be getting the second shot of the Moderna vaccine next week. The first shot left me feeling lousy for a few days, but that's a reaction within normal range.  

1 hour ago, Nobody_Here said:

I don't know where you live, but the time when only essential workers and people with a higher severity rate were getting the shot has already passed. Severe reactions to the Pfizer vaccine were about the same as the placebo. There's no real reason to delay getting the vaccine anymore unless you know you're allergic to one of its ingredients. Make plans to get the vaccine now, as it may be a while before they actually get around to injecting you. 

Im not afraid of the side effects. What I meant to say is that I am the last person that should be vaccinated. 99% of the population have more reasons to get vaccinated than me. My only contacts are the sales clerk whom I meet 2-3 times a week while some jackass student may have thousands of contacts per week because she wants to party or he wants to go to bars and cafes.

Also, in Finland only around 1.6% of the population has been fully vaccinated. Im not even getting the chance for a vaccine in a long time ¬¬ https://www.euronews.com/2021/03/26/covid-19-vaccinations-in-europe-which-countries-are-leading-the-way

5 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

NO.

Are you an anti-vaxxer?

Not really.

I believe to be an alien hybrid. I don't need it.

I am not kidding.

Arc

I don't really understand why the issues surrounding the covid vaccine are different from all the other vaccines out there. Yes I've had my first dose, I also have the flu vaccine every year, tetanus when needed, recommended vaccines when I travel abroad, plus I don't regret my childhood vaccines like MMR, polio, TB etc. There's small calculated risks with any medical treatment, but compared to the risk of catching the diseases it's the obvious choice. 

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

4 minutes ago, snowyowl said:

but compared to the risk of catching the diseases it's the obvious choice. 

My brother got covid a few days ago (he is fine though), so now I know it can happen to me... So im definitely getting it!

Edited by Rilles

13 hours ago, vladorion said:

It's also important to trust the "right" self.  Which I don't think is often the anxious or worried one.  

I'm not saying blindly trusting the news or government is a good way to go either.  

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

Sure, let's all eat an unnatural, toxic diet that has been marketed as healthy (or be outright junk food addicts) and cripple our immune system instead of eating our natural diet of raw meat and blood, and then inject rushed vaccines with unknown long-term (and 2nd gen) effects into our veins to compensate. Sounds like a plan.

Edited by Village

On 2021-03-27 at 4:09 AM, Nobody_Here said:

I know you said you're kidding, but if you use Microsoft Windows or any Microsoft product, you're still Bill Gates' dog. If you have a smartphone with GPS activated, you're as good as microchipped. 

Jesus christ

35 minutes ago, GreenLight said:

If you have a smartphone with GPS activated, you're as good as microchipped. 

True

MD here 

Got vaccinated 1 month ago with AstraZeneca - first shot caused incredibly strong reaction and knocked me out for 2 days! Second shot was better.
Vaccines seem to be quite safe - have seen 1 really bad adverse effect in a patient so far (sinus vein thrombosis and pulmunary artery embolism)
Have seen a lot of nocebo effects who turned out to be nothing at all in mostly young teachers who got the shot. 

No medical intervention is 100% safe. Yet as much as we know at the moment, it seems to be more safe to get vaccinated than getting covid. 
I have seen several young patients (18-30) who have suffer from severe post covid syndrome (One can barely walk because difficulties with breathing)

The thing I am really worried about is that high vaccination levels combined with the fact that those vaccines all target the same part of the virus (spike protein) might elevate the evolutionary pressure to such an extent that we have vacc-immune types of this Coronavirus by May. 

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

2 hours ago, undeather said:

The thing I am really worried about is that high vaccination levels combined with the fact that those vaccines all target the same part of the virus (spike protein) might elevate the evolutionary pressure to such an extent that we have vacc-immune types of this Coronavirus by May. 

Jesus effing Christ

Edited by GreenLight
self-expression

I got mine about a couple weeks ago. I felt the side effects of it several hours after I received the shot and it felt brutal for about 2 days. I couldn't sleep at all at night. However, I felt totally fine afterward after those two days.

Edited by Hardkill

No. 

I don´t really think that´s necessary for me personally. I have a pretty healthy lifestyle and COVID-19 doesn´t seem that dangerous to me, looking at the stats. I never got any vaccines before and I haven´t been "sick" for the past 3 years, except some mild colds. 

Also the vaccines aren´t fully tested yet. There aren´t any studies for long-term effects, as the vaccines are new. So I´ll probably wait for a year at least. 

I also think vaccinating everyone for a disease with an infection fatality rate of 0,15% is pretty crazy. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/eci.13554

All-Cause mortality has also gone up in Israel, where most of the population has been vaccinated already and there aren´t any explanations yet. https://swprs.org/israel-why-is-all-cause-mortality-increasing/

There´s also other problems with mass-vaccination which Geert-Vanden Bossche has pointed out. https://fos-sa.org/2021/03/12/open-letter-to-the-who-immediately-halt-all-covid-19-mass-vaccinations-geert-vanden-bossche-dmv-phd/