IamMystic

Time Doesn't Exist

29 posts in this topic

All moments are happening right now...

Even if you started moving backwards through time. You are really going forward still and  it alwaysis right now.

Yeah a human invention so that we could all be organized. Something fun to contemplate about is “What is anticipation?”. Most people just use time to anticipate what is going to happen next rather then the allowing flow of presence. Letting go of time will allow more space for intuition to take the lead. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

Time exist if something is happening or changing, if you are immutable there is no time, it's always the same moment

6 hours ago, IamMystic said:

All moments are happening right now...

I'm going to be a killjoy. No moments, no happening, no now. As you say, time doesn't exist.

All stories and explanations are false.

7 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

I'm going to be a killjoy. No moments, no happening, no now. As you say, time doesn't exist.

Hilarious comment coming from you xD

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Time is an illusion, like every other form in the dream world. The only reality is Consciousness. But we do love to dream ;)

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

46 minutes ago, Will2gain said:

Tell that to your boss when your late to work next week

That's true, normally the dream characters in this dream that we call reality get angry easily.

xD

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@IamMystic Unfortunately you're right and wrong, there is a timelessness to existence and the other half involving time mastery. To extent you miss the latter is to the extent your wife waiting for you to pick her up from your home to rush her to emergency to give birth will probably conclude that you'll be an unfit father, to the extent you miss the former, is to the extent she'll complain you're never in the moment just being being itself and letting go to whatever is.

There's strong indoctrination on either side, so what are we going to do? We need to be careful what ideas of culture (which is inclusive of "spiritual") we let inside of our mind to become a part of what we assign as reality versus non-reality. We have to become as open minded as possible for the former and as critical (in terms of critical thinking not cynicism) as possible for the latter. Now your wife/husband wants to get re-married (she/he now sees you as a better suitor / parental figure).

37 minutes ago, Origins said:

@IamMystic Unfortunately you're right and wrong, there is a timelessness to existence and the other half involving time mastery. To extent you miss the latter is to the extent your wife waiting for you to pick her up from your home to rush her to emergency to give birth will probably conclude that you'll be an unfit father, to the extent you miss the former, is to the extent she'll complain you're never in the moment just being being itself and letting go to whatever is.

There's strong indoctrination on either side, so what are we going to do? We need to be careful what ideas of culture (which is inclusive of "spiritual") we let inside of our mind to become a part of what we assign as reality versus non-reality. We have to become as open minded as possible for the former and as critical (in terms of critical thinking not cynicism) as possible for the latter. Now your wife/husband wants to get re-married (she/he now sees you as a better suitor / parental figure).

Many often go through a transcendent phase before they reach the imminent.

Every honest teaching can be roughly summed up as: “there just simply aren’t any limits whatsoever.”

This is everything and nothing. And no it can’t be understood. It’s just absolutely tragic. It can be understood in a way that matters, but ultimately, it can’t be.

25 minutes ago, Origins said:

That is actually good analogy.

What do you guys describe as time, where does this term comes from? I think it is more interesting thing to start with. 

@Claymoree I'd be happy to contribute with more direct questions, its a deep topic is all and I want to invest just the right amount so any answer I give is more contextualised and easier to understand. I mean we have basic ideas like measurement around time of course but that's pretty obvious and not much to take away from the conversation, but as a simple gesture that's where I'd go to begin, time merely ='s measurement of experience, but all those words have so much too them that leaving it at that doesn't paint the full Mona Lisa. I could probably give at least 6 definitions that would apply depending on ones perspective, divergence is a gift and a curse.

time exists as a concept.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Divergence is the dream. There is only Consciousness. In the dream, we think the past and future exist, but they don't. Please point to something in the past, or in the future. You can't, because they are only concepts. The only reality is timeless, and it always is.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Ok time is a concept, agreed.

But what then is a memory of a past event? I mean if the "past" is just a concept, then what is a memory "of" exactly? If it is pure hallucination (like in a dream), then why does it seem so relevant to us personally? Why can other people corroborate a "past" memory of yours?

Just thinking aloud.

All stories and explanations are false.

14 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

Ok time is a concept, agreed.

But what then is a memory of a past event? I mean if the "past" is just a concept, then what is a memory "of" exactly? If it is pure hallucination (like in a dream), then why does it seem so relevant to us personally? Why can other people corroborate a "past" memory of yours?

Just thinking aloud.

How reliable is the memory (thought) of the past event? Wasn't the past event, when present, a self-serving evaluation? Can the memory of the past be edited/modified to serve a purpose? If so, then what actual relevance can the presumed memory have to the event it purports to re-member?

Also mumbling aloud.