SpaceLaika01

How Could You Eat Meat, You Selfish Thing?

47 posts in this topic

Meat meat meat. I cannot believe I have spent my whole fucking life eating meat like a robot. Just following along to what everyone is doing. Conforming. Never stopping to truly consider how much an animal must suffer when it is put in terrible conditions, treated like garbage, and slaughtered like it is worth nothing. IT IS WORTH EVERYTHING. LIFE IS WORTH EVERYTHING. What if you were a chicken? People thinking they're superior to you simply because they know fucking math and can manipulate things. Here you are, this awareness, just wishing to live. Why do you think they run when they are frightened? You think just because something is "dumb" that it does not feel? IT SCREAMS. Just as you do. Of course having awakening to God nature allows humans control over their consciousness and to even laugh at pain, but that is not an option for an animal. Scream. Scream as they do. Hear their screams in your disgusting factory farms. Hear them. Listen to them. They are aware. They feel. They are sentient. Feel their life energy. 

Arrogant humans.

You know it is wrong to kill, but you bullshit yourself and make excuses like "Who cares?" or "It's dumb" or "Fish don't feel pain." 

Is that really all it comes to? Pain and "intelligence"? And opinion? You disgusting naiive thing.

You disgust me.

Shame on us all. 

You know it is wrong.

You know it.

You feel it.

Notice how you feel every time you eat meat. I have noticed that it makes me feel wrong. It gives me nightmares even. Karma.

Do you feel numb?

But I and the majority of humanity have bullshitted and deluded ourselves, just because of our addiction to meat.

You can't even eat a raw carcass can you? Too real? Too dead? It's got limbs on it. Reminds you too much of yourself: a living thing. No, you have to close your eyes, pretend it is fine, as you chew and swallow a lifetime of suffering. If you think that an animal's life is worth less than yours, I want you to drop dead right now. Can you do that? No you can't. No I can't. Because every sentient being is attached to its life for it knows nothing else.

Edited by SpaceLaika01

It is selfish to complain about selfishness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Pookie The problem is that this sentence and its conservative interpretation is a pile of bullshit.

Well, if you think killing and eating animals are wrong and veganism is the solution, that's fine. That's your choice. However, ranting like that will solve nothing but only trigger egos.

If you ask me, that heavily judgemental approach is the not the ideal way to tackle this issue.

A proactive approach is to create synthetic meat. When it is cheaper,tastier and more distributed than normal meat, humanity may change for the better. Animals that are bred only for slaughter are a shame it's true and most of the world eats meat. Our ancestors would have gone extinct without it. 

Wait until you start think about the garbage pile lands we have accumulated in the oceans.

Or coorperate slavery, or actual slavery for 5 eur/month in 3rd world countries. Human trafficking, pharma e.c.t.

You cant just guilt people into veganism/vegetarianism. Its a systemic problem, coming onto a forum and complaining doesnt do shit. Why dont you start a company that creates a solution instead? That could be your purpose. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I consider myself vegan but I eat meat, I don't see anything wrong here, veganism is more like fashion fo majority people.

Selfishness could be assigned as a cause for meat eating, then again so can the avoidance.

Is a cat selfish for eating a rat? Well sure, but the meaning of the word selfish certaintly do not fit the bullseye of utility within the conversation regarding the cat's survival, nor does it a man's survival.

For it is categoricaly different to hunt a deer in hunger, and another time for profit in a place where food is all but scarce.

Aswell is it not the same to hunt a deer with a knife, as it is shooting it from a thousand jards.

To shoot a wild cow for gambling money from afar is disasterous, but would you say the same for a man killing his well fed and well seen to housecow so to feed his starving child? That would be a claim, and naught but a claim.

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

Unsustainable industry is an odd dilemma; probably a good life purpose for someone to pose some actionable solutions to them. 

I used to attend vegan seminars, animal rights protests, lecture almost every single person. Moan, whine, bitch about all the facts about veganism.This went on for three years. 

Then tried to incorporate eggs into my diet, to see how it would make me feel. I wasn't hungry for the first time in a long time. I rationalized that plants are less cholorically dense, and I didn't have the skill to meet my choloric requirements (even know I tried very hard to do so).

I caught and butchered a rabbit. Very odd experience. I saw pure selfishness, the only reason this animal was dying was because I wanted to use the animal's body. I'm not sure if that's a "bad" or "immoral" perspective to have, especially because you can rationalize it with other words. I was able to see with my own eyes the brutality of my food choices. I was okay with it due to how devastating rabbits are to my country's landscapes, effecting native species. 

No, I highly doubt they suffer because there´s not an ego formed.

11 hours ago, SpaceLaika01 said:

Meat meat meat. I cannot believe I have spent my whole fucking life eating meat like a robot. Just following along to what everyone is doing. Conforming. Never stopping to truly consider how much an animal must suffer when it is put in terrible conditions, treated like garbage, and slaughtered like it is worth nothing. IT IS WORTH EVERYTHING. LIFE IS WORTH EVERYTHING. What if you were a chicken? People thinking they're superior to you simply because they know fucking math and can manipulate things. Here you are, this awareness, just wishing to live. Why do you think they run when they are frightened? You think just because something is "dumb" that it does not feel? IT SCREAMS. Just as you do. Of course having awakening to God nature allows humans control over their consciousness and to even laugh at pain, but that is not an option for an animal. Scream. Scream as they do. Hear their screams in your disgusting factory farms. Hear them. Listen to them. They are aware. They feel. They are sentient. Feel their life energy. 

Arrogant humans.

You know it is wrong to kill, but you bullshit yourself and make excuses like "Who cares?" or "It's dumb" or "Fish don't feel pain." 

Is that really all it comes to? Pain and "intelligence"? And opinion? You disgusting naiive thing.

You disgust me.

Shame on us all. 

You know it is wrong.

You know it.

You feel it.

Notice how you feel every time you eat meat. I have noticed that it makes me feel wrong. It gives me nightmares even. Karma.

Do you feel numb?

But I and the majority of humanity have bullshitted and deluded ourselves, just because of our addiction to meat.

You can't even eat a raw carcass can you? Too real? Too dead? It's got limbs on it. Reminds you too much of yourself: a living thing. No, you have to close your eyes, pretend it is fine, as you chew and swallow a lifetime of suffering. If you think that an animal's life is worth less than yours, I want you to drop dead right now. Can you do that? No you can't. No I can't. Because every sentient being is attached to its life for it knows nothing else.

You think plants don’t scream when you cut them? I’ve always seen people get so lost with this meat eating thing. Any part of reality that you eat is equally god. Just keep that in mind. It only seems horrible cuz your still in denial that your in a dream. 

Life is fucked up. It eats itself.  Kill or die. Deal with it. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

26 minutes ago, Natasha said:

@SpaceLaika01 Humans are animals. Animal eats animal, that's just mother nature.

Except us humans do have a choice. 

25 minutes ago, Fran11 said:

If we're even humans. More like bio robots run on a program. Your program says do it this way, others program says do it that way. Who's there to judge? There are as many programs as bio robots and in all shades of grey. 

32 minutes ago, Fran11 said:

I am not sure enough about your statement

1 hour ago, Mvrs said:

You think plants don’t scream when you cut them? I’ve always seen people get so lost with this meat eating thing. Any part of reality that you eat is equally god. Just keep that in mind. It only seems horrible cuz your still in denial that your in a dream. 

Plants don't scream.

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

No, I highly doubt they suffer because there´s not an ego formed.

They do suffer. They do have an ego.

@SpaceLaika01 If eating meat is wrong, then God is wrong in everything it has done.

16 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Who's there to judge? 

I'm not judging. We can eat all the animals we want. Nothing objectively wrong.

Just don't deny the fact that we do have alternatives. 

People use "nature" as a justification for unnecesarily condeming animals to a hellish life without feeling responisble. We are not lions, we're just doing it for pleasure.

Edited by Fran11