SpaceLaika01

How Could You Eat Meat, You Selfish Thing?

47 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Fran11 said:

I'm not judging.

Just don't deny the fact that we do have alternatives.  

That's a good direction for the world to move. Until you are bombarded by a meteorite.

@Fran11 @Fran11 I agree, mass animal farm industry treat animals poorly. And yes we have alternatives. Im not vegan, but eat very little animal protein. I tried to go without it and got really weak, plant based protein is not enough for me. The meat I buy, however, is clean organic meat (mostly poultry and fish) from local farmers. And that's my shade of grey.

how could you let your stomach acid kill bacteria which live there
 @SpaceLaika01 i'm disappointed

where does one draw the line brooo? all possibilities exist, all equally weighted (our relative opinion doesn't matter), you are simply LOOKING at one of the possibilities which already exist. like flipping thru a book and reading a chapter where people are murdered. you reading it doesn't change anything other than it being in the front and center of your experience. it is simply a photo which exists, ready to be viewed when chosen and otherwise just sitting there.

lemme eat my tuna sammich :(

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

3 minutes ago, Natasha said:

@Fran11 @Fran11 I agree, mass animal farm industry treat animals poorly. And yes we have alternatives. Im not vegan, but eat very little animal protein. I tried to go without it and got really weak, plant based protein is not enough for me. The meat I buy, however, is clean organic meat (mostly poultry and fish) from local farmers. 

That's nice :)

I'm not a vegan either, but I'm progressively reducing my consumption of animal products.

@Leo Gura Leo Leo Leo. How naiive. I thought you were better than this. I speak on behalf of existence itself. I speak for selflessness.

All of you who are resistant or feel your ego attacked. Why?

I have not guilted any of you. I understand that it is the way you are. But you as human beings have the capacity for choice. You have no excuse, devils.

The reason you feel guilt is because you KNOW.

Edited by SpaceLaika01

What about to eat vegetables? You need first deforest the earth, destroy a lot of animal wild life, transport the food, etc. The best solution to avoid that would be a collective suicide.

In other hand, a chicken in a good ecological farm have a good life. Better than most of the humans. Eat, sleep, stay with anothers chickens, no worries. One day he dies...what to do? Not bad for a reincarnation. A fish the same, born to die, like all beings on the earth, but when he's living, I think he's enjoying every second, not like the poor sads humans, born to figth with the karma. Life is hard. When you, or me, are fighting to breathe in the bed of an hospital for weeks maybe we get jealous of the destiny of a fish. It's useless to protect the life, if I could choose, I'd prefer a world without medicine, without any security, where death is everywhere. Better than this world of naive lies, where people think that life should be preserved, and it's impossible. Life born to finish, and it's not sad. Sad is to try to avoid that

Edited by Breakingthewall

57 minutes ago, SpaceLaika01 said:

@Leo Gura Leo Leo Leo. How naiive. I thought you were better than this. I speak on behalf of existence itself. I speak for selflessness.

All of you who are resistant or feel your ego attacked. Why?

I have not guilted any of you. I understand that it is the way you are. But you as human beings have the capacity for choice. You have no excuse, devils.

The reason you feel guilt is because you KNOW.

Guilt and shame was created by the devil.

48 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

In other hand, a chicken in a good ecological farm have a good life. Better than most of the humans. Eat, sleep, stay with anothers chickens, no worries. One day he dies...what to do? Not bad for a reincarnation. 

Hahaha?

49 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Life is hard. When you, or me, are fighting to breathe in the bed of an hospital for weeks maybe we get jealous of the destiny of a fish. It's useless to protect the life, if I could choose, I'd prefer a world without medicine, without any security, where death is everywhere. Better than this world of naive lies, where people think that life should be preserved, and it's impossible. Life born to finish, and it's not sad. Sad is to try to avoid that. 

??

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Would it make sense lock all non-productive diet related debates/threads? Only allowing does that are focused and constructive?

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@SpaceLaika01

I’m at like 99% vegan. Still working out that once or twice a year occasion something has meat in it and I just go with the flow at a Holiday thingy or whatever and just eat what mom or mom in law made. But you’re right, at least in my regard, when I do it feels like I ate toxic sludge for the rest of the day compared to what I normally eat. Which led me to mention...I ate meat like a sleeping king for decades until I saw a documentary where they showed the inside of the meat processing facilities. Wish I could remember which movie it was. I was fortunate that the timing was right in the sense, it hit really hard at a time I was ready for change anyways.

But that alone didn’t inspire the change. It was googling, and discovering the countless benefits of physiological & psychological well being, not to mention collectively speaking health premiums, resources over allocated to treatment programs and hospitals, losing people prematurely (relative to more agreeable diets) etc, etc. Anyways not trying to grand stand, just wanted to say that I think you get more bee’s with honey, and sharing information in the ‘what’s in it for you & our well being’ approach. Not to imply any judgement, I really don’t care what people eat, but from direct experience, and I bet you can relate...if you’re interested in helping others make that change, you have to recognize you’re addressing people who are very easily triggered about this subject already. Especially in this covid present situation, it’s like a trigger pressure cooker. Maybe you’re ‘going for’ an aggressive approach and some shock-wake-up responses, idk. More power to ya either way and Godspeed. 

If anyone is interested, this was an easy game changer for me. Maybe give it a try, love to hear back if so. :) 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

4 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Which led me to mention...I ate meat like a sleeping king for decades until I saw a documentary where they showed the inside of the meat processing facilities. Wish I could remember which movie it was.

Earthlings, maybe?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0358456/

@en-el hak

Not sure if that is meant in a mocking humor. Pretty funny if so. ...but I think it had the word food in the title. I googled and couldn’t quite find it, but one came up called “Slaughterhouse” which is on YouTube. From the thumbnail, that one probably packs a bigger punch anyways. 

Veganism as a dietary choice is intuitively appealing, because the prospect of obtaining meat easily produces a visceral response without much investigation. However, there are a myriad of arguably much more effective ways of reducing suffering in this world, but those solutions often require taking a more cold-hearted statistical view over a warm-hearted intuitive view (yellow vs. green), and therefore it won't enter the minds of most people. If you're genuinely concerned about making a real impact instead of merely adopting an idealistic ideology, I recommend the systemic approach (of course that also includes veganism, but not as a priority).

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

47 minutes ago, Nahm said:

If anyone is interested, this was an easy game changer for me. Maybe give it a try, love to hear back if so. :) 

First time using it today but certainly not the last one! This IS a game changer, thank you.

@Nahm I find blending stuff one of the most satisfying activities here on Earth. And the mix that comes out? Delicate. Can't wait to explore the recipes! Do you have a favorite I should go for? ??

@SirVladimir

The ‘loophole shake’ was basically kept nice & simple to make it easy, both for me and in recommending it. The only adjustments I tried was lots of peanut butter in the beginning, and none after a while. Occasionally two bananas to make it really creamy. Of course, there are countless protein shake recipes. Sometimes I make a berry oriented concoction with vanilla powder, org vanilla almond milk, blueberries, strawberries, etc, but I always end up back with chocolate. 

Have you tried juicing? I found I had to keep an eye on the sugar levels, but otherwise whipped up some pretty delicious potions. This particular website proved to be a staple, as you can check the boxes of what you have on hand, and it then shows all juicer recipes you can make. Pretty neat.