Adamq8

Frank Yangs response to Actualized.org

135 posts in this topic

Psychedelics Will NOT Awaken You!

That right there is an absolute statement.

and well, there are no ABSOLUTE STATEMENTS which are true - with the exception of this one of course - paradox.

reality is infinite, so it includes all possible routes to reach that "end point" or awakening.

sure, one may say that sitting in a room for 10-15 hours a day and simply threading needles all day WILL NOT AWAKEN YOU - yet, it can be seen that somehow, someway, it MAY awaken. sure, it might not be direct or the fastest.

same thing with getting hit by lightening. one can get hit by it while atop a mountain in a thunderstorm with a 50 foot metal pole. or one can also get hit by it while standing in their front yard while it's only starting to get cloudy.

if one is looking for their glasses which they are already wearing, there's not ONE particular thing you can limit the discovery upon neither is there ONE particular thing you can say WILL NOT AWAKEN YOU - to the fact that you're already wearing the glasses (perhaps if one is blind, then sure we can say visually it might be hard :) ) 

the fact that IT IS ALREADY THE CASE - is the reason why that there's no one thing which is exclusive to the discovery and that means that there are infinite paths to the discovery... in the same way there are infinite ways to come from the circumference of the circle to the center 0- straight line, spiral, zig-zag, total crazy random lines, circular - leading to loops until they are seen and broken, nothing is permanent except for change, and the changeless is the background for the foreground that is change. 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

Reality vs reality !

Only one is real !!!

?

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

23 minutes ago, Enlightenment said:

BTW Sam Harris is in the same state, notice how different he describes it

Uhm no. When did he say that?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

37 minutes ago, Enlightenment said:

BTW Sam Harris is in the same state, notice how different he describes it

I doubt Harris is even close to Frank’s liberation. Maybe 2nd path at best.

Harris also lacks 5-MeO experience and got “lost” on his last LSD trip. Great guy though.

Edited by Display_Name

Simple.

Leo has to get traditionally Enlightened, and the Enlightened people have to go on a Leo adviced trip. We can then determine what people come to conclude.

Glory to Israel

12 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Simple.

Leo has to get traditionally Enlightened, and the Enlightened people have to go on a Leo adviced trip. We can then determine what people come to conclude.

Well, the latter IS Frank.

Thats what makes him so special.

He’s the only one we know of that attained full buddhist Liberation (4 Paths model) AND has 5-MeO experience, so he dodges the common (and justified) “yes but he doesn’t know 5-MeO” criticism.

Adyashanti also recently had 5g shrooms and said it didn’t really change much. Getting him on 25mg 5-MeO would be interesting.

In any case, it’s quite clear to me that Leo may have gone  deeper on peaks, but Frank is far more liberated. In his words, quantum leaps. His 5-MeO trips give him more credibility than all other enlightened people imo.

Edited by Display_Name

4 minutes ago, Display_Name said:

Well, the latter IS Frank, 

Thats what makes him so special.

He’s the only one we know of that attained full buddhist Liberation (4 Paths model) AND has 5-MeO experience, so he dodges the common (and justified) “yes but he doesn’t know 5-MeO” criticism.

Adyashanti also recently had 5g shrooms and said it didn’t really change much. Getting him on 25g 5-MeO would be interesting.

In any case, it’s quite clear to me that Leo may have gone  deeper on peaks, but Frank is far more liberated. In his words, quantum leaps. His 5-MeO trips give him more credibility than all other enlightened people imo.

Looks like you are over simplifying different people's minds.

Frank Yang might have a certain mind, very different from other type of mind, and so on.

Psychedelics usually cause changes outside the trips, just as any sober practice.

Awakenings and non dual state are usually temporary, no matter if they happen chemically or "naturally" induced.

Not sure what is being discussed here to be honest.

7 minutes ago, acidgoofy said:

Touché. Remember, Frank has had months to stabilize and reconstruct a functional character. He’s not shooting at the very moment of his last enlightenment. Just like Leo’s character reconstructed to open the door, Frank may have reconstructed while the clarity of infinity is still there in the background. Perhaps if a 5-MeO trip lasted 3 months, we would be seeing a comparable result.

1 minute ago, Javfly33 said:

Looks like you are over simplifying different people's minds.

You don’t say. Comes with the territory of discussing bs like this in 3 paragraphs of a forum post.

3 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Not sure what is being discussed here to be honest.

Neither do I tbh. Shooting the shit?

2 hours ago, Rilles said:

Woah, this guy has some great vibes, although he feels a bit unstable. I wont judge, were all different. 

Yeah I get that feeling from him also, he is super awesome. Love his energy but I take what he says with a pinch of salt. Psychedelics can enlighten you, I know people who have become enlightened through them so that ends his claims. Everyones path is different. 

He’s the only one we know of that attained full buddhist Liberation (4 Paths model)

I really really doubt he has btw I would say he is not even close to that 

Edited by Globalcollective

4 minutes ago, Display_Name said:

You don’t say. Comes with the territory of discussing bs like this in 3 paragraphs of a forum post.

Neither do I tbh. Shooting the shit?

It seemed that the usual narrative is to "debunk" the ability of Psychedelics to produce Enlightement. 

The truth is no practice or substance is a warranty for producing Enlightement. There are only tools that can help more or less. For some minds meditation it will be all of takes. For others not even hundreds of trips will produce an Awakening. (Let's not even say a permanent non dual state) 

Adyashanti did not spiritual practice before his first mystical experience. Should we infere from that that we should just drop the practices and just watch TV for a Enlightement to happen?.no. because adyashanti mind is different from your mind or mine 

@Javfly33 Adya meditated for 7 years, Zen style, before his first awakening. I think you’re getting him confused with someone like Eckhart Tolle or Ramana. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

39 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Uhm no. When did he say that?

29 minutes ago, Display_Name said:

I doubt Harris is even close to Frank’s liberation. Maybe 2nd path at best.

Harris also lacks 5-MeO experience and got “lost” on his last LSD trip. Great guy though.

Frank didn't say that, but I asked Frank in yt comments and he confirmed that he is in what Jeffery Martin calls Location 4. I don't remember the exact podcast but Sam Harris said he doesn't have any center to experience since he had his breakthrough on a retreat years ago, no-self and also this whole topic of no free will he is engaged in was by large motivated by the discovery of no sense of agency by him through meditation - sounds exactly like location 4 to me of course, I can't be 100% sure

He has spent 2 years on silent retreats so it's very likely 

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

15 minutes ago, Enlightenment said:

Frank didn't say that, but I asked Frank in yt comments and he confirmed that he is in what Jeffery Martin calls Location 4. I don't remember the exact podcast but Sam Harris said he doesn't have any center to experience since he had his breakthrough on a retreat years ago, no-self and also this whole topic of no free will he is engaged in was by large motivated by the discovery of no sense of agency by him through meditation - sounds exactly like location 4 to me of course, I can't be 100% sure

He has spent 2 years on silent retreats so it's very likely 

Frank must have misunderstood you and been referring to himself, cause he’s said many times on his IG stories that he thinks Harris has only had glimpses and is not awake

No agency is location 1 tbh. Location 4 is permanent death of the separate self & complete centrelessness

I don’t experience agency but i’d only put myself on location 2 at best

Edited by Display_Name

My concepts and beliefs are the TRUE ones ???

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

What everyone needs to understand about enlightenment is that it can't be forced. There is no method to make it happen or even to simply facilitate it. The ego that thinks it can awaken is the exact obstacle that prevents awakening. To think that you have to do certain things to achieve some certain goal is itself the thing that needs to fall away for awakening to unfold. This belief in causality is the ultimate guardian on the gateless gate, and exactly the reason why virtually no one is ever awake. And only true enlightenment is able to uproot that belief, but at that point there will be no enlightenment. There will only be silence and letting go, and God. You can't believe in causality and be enlightened, not even slightly. Enlightenment is the exact opposite of causality. To realize that is the first step. However, to live from that place is true enlightenment. Because essentially, causality is a made-up-by-the-ego restraint onto God, the unlimited.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

@Adamq8 Always loved Frank's videos. I actually enjoy the fact that two people I watch disagree. Makes everything more uncertain for me and i'm less likely to adopt a certain set of beliefs. Makes me realise I don't know who's right, so it's up to me to discover the truth.

One thing i've always liked about his videos is the 360 view effect he does on his footage. Looks exactly like the non-euclidean perspective video on Leo's blog.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

48 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

There is no method to make it happen or even to simply facilitate it.

Not trying to be argumentative, but I’m finding that to be unequivocally false more and more each day. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE