Adamq8

Frank Yangs response to Actualized.org

135 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Enlightenment said:

Even in his latest 5g mushroom trip he intentionally tried to 'cut through the sense of self'

He tried to cut through the sense of self by using a butter knife, and then he fumbled and dropped his knife on the floor.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 10/9/2020 at 10:30 PM, Ry4n said:

Frank: "If you can't lock it in and perceive infinity right here right now 24/7 then what's the point?" 

Locking something in is completely irrelevant to truth.

Truth is the point. Truth is the case regardless of how long it lasts. 3 seconds or a life time. Even when you "lock it in", that is still not permanent, since the body/mind will die and you will cycle back into unenlightenment.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 10/8/2020 at 8:11 AM, Leo Gura said:

That's not my claim.

My claim is that consciousness can become infinitely conscious, regardless of form or complexity. So what I am talking about is not merely exploring more of the formed world, like some astral realms. I mean pure consciousness itself becoming infinitely more conscious of itself.

Ultimately that is the whole point of existence. 

I think to tell one has got it all and that's it "forever" is an indicator of delusion. It sounds like an absolute statement from a finite domain.

For me this also looks like a marketing strategy from his side. And if he would really appreciate Leos work he wouldn't go public, but look for a dialog first.

Edited by IAmReallyImportant

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

@Leo Gura Chill bro you’re making it all too complicated and you’re misleading people making them think psychedelics are the only way 

3 minutes ago, FrankYang said:

@Leo Gura Chill bro you’re making it all too complicated and you’re misleading people making them think psychedelics are the only way 

I get troll wibes.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

16 minutes ago, FrankYang said:

They aren't the only way.

But for most people, they will never access awakening otherwise. Psychedelics will save the average person decades of tail-chasing and listening to the empty words of gurus.

On 10/10/2020 at 4:30 PM, Ry4n said:

Frank: "If you can't lock it in and perceive infinity right here right now 24/7 then what's the point?" 

You realize Frank, that if you truly had it your way, you would be enlightened 24/7? God would never unenlighten if you truly had it your way. Why would you unenlighten yourself?

And yet Frank at the beginning of your journey you weren't. So clearly you haven't reached the highest state, because if you did, you'd see the value of unenlightening yourself.

What's the point of staying stuck at some sub par state of consciousness? Maybe the point isn't locking stuff in, chasing happiness, scrambling to keep a particular state for as long as you can, maybe the point is simply to see the truth itself?

On 10/10/2020 at 5:31 PM, Mafortu said:

3:14

More interesting and exiting development!

Teal Swan just released this video, at 3:14 she also suggests that enlightenment is not binary as Frank says.

I had not watch one of Teal Swan video for several years. She has grown a lot !!

The guy simply couldn't do it without drugs, and he thinks he is smarter than everyone.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Locking something in is completely irrelevant to truth.

Truth is the point. Truth is the case regardless of how long it lasts. 3 seconds or a life time. Even when you "lock it in", that is still not permanent, since the body/mind will die and you will cycle back into unenlightenment.

How do you know that there will still be a you after the body/mind dies? I'm not implying it's not the case I simply don't know.

2 minutes ago, 4201 said:

How do you know that there will still be a you after the body/mind dies? I'm not implying it's not the case I simply don't know.

You can observe the body/mind, therefore you aren't it. The perceiver can not be perceived. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

3 minutes ago, 4201 said:

Depersonalization can be a consequence.   In my case i experienced it but it was not permament.  This is serious stuff.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Ananta said:

You can observe the body/mind, therefore you aren't it.

No you cannot observe the mind. What does a mind looks like? Sounds like? Feels like? "I" is just what the mind identifies as.

I'll watch Leo's video on immortality before continuing on this though and if I'm not satisfied, I'll open my thread rather than hijacking this one.

1 minute ago, 4201 said:

No you cannot observe the mind. What does a mind looks like? Sounds like? Feels like? "I" is just what the mind identifies as.

Those are the wrong questions. Mind is predominantly...thoughts.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@4201 but, even the ego is seen.

2:43 min

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

1 hour ago, Ananta said:

@4201 but, even the ego is seen.

2:43 min

The ego he is talking about is just a collection of thoughts and story that got confused with being. It is a fallacy, a misconception but not true.

He says "I am not the mind" and that the mind is experienced, but I do believe he is wrong on that (or at least we simply have different definition of "mind"). Thoughts which are the content of the mind can be experienced but not the container. If you could experience anything about the container you could derive "properties" or "qualities" to it, and then claim that's what you are. Any idea about the container is content, and so not the container.

Death can be interpreted as the content, "I", coming to an end. This is ego death and infinite love. No problem with that.

What I am unsure about is physical death, the end of the container. Leo basically says in his 1h30 video on Immortality that this "end" or "physical death" is just more content, therefore it doesn't exist and the container has no end.

I doubt that. Some ideas have more substance than just being ideas. A brick is a brick no matter what you think about it. I still believe in things being "physical" which some would say is just another property, more content, but I would say that those physical things demonstrate limitations that are beyond beliefs. Beliefs are indeed limitation but the reality of a brick wall is also a limitation. Can you let go of the brick wall by letting go of the concept? No, therefore I doubt the idea that physical death can be let go of by letting go of the concept. Following this physical death would end the container.

That aside, what determines what goes through awareness? Even if we refuse to say it's the real world and its laws (e.g. you won't see colors in a dark room) then there's nothing preventing this awareness from experiencing pure nothingness for eternity. To give credit to the idea that you will experience more things in the future is to believe in some sort of laws that prevent it.

So I accept the possibility of this whole idea of the physical is an illusion, but I cannot say that it is with certainty. Therefore I cannot say with certainty that the container has no end, or that the mind is immortal. The best I can say is that I don't know.

It goes without saying that the emotionally challenging part of death is still the ego death. If you don't identify as anything you don't really care what goes through awareness, even if it's emptiness for eternity (which is absolute Love anyway). The problem arises only if we create a self that is scared of that. But this challenges the idea that "after death you will cycle back". Maybe you will, but I don't know how you can tell.

Edited by 4201

8 hours ago, FrankYang said:

Lol this is pure subjective interpretation and you don't seem to have watched much of the videos of actualized.org rather than educated yourself. But you went into a discussion which could have an unfair negative (not huge but anyway) effect on someone's reputation. Expressing accusations and acting like your interpretations must be true doesn't look rather conciouss nor mature.

If someone makes a video that long just to defend his opinion - this looks like making stuff complicated.

In addition as in the video no other perspectives are really considered it seems that others should be convinced of an idea. And this reminds my on cult leadership.

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

@IAmReallyImportant Take it easy. Let him express his perspective without being attacked.