Matt Skinner

Donald Trump has tested positive for COVID-19

398 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Thestarguitarist14 said:

The only people who will vote for true (outside of some outliers) are white conservatives who make $150,000 or more a year and do not care about the common man.

Thats not true. I know many ppl voting for Trump that aren't making that kind of money and since they are mostly in Healthcare I'd assume they care about the common man.

Tbh, the only ppl I know admittedly voting for Biden are on Facebook or this forum. Wait, ..and my in-laws. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

20 minutes ago, Ananta said:

Tbh, the only ppl I know admittedly voting for Biden are on Facebook or this forum. Wait, ..and my in-laws. 

So do you mean to say Trump's winning easily??

Whom will you vote for Ananta?

Just now, ajai said:

So do you mean to say Trump's winning easily??

I can only say in my corner of northeast Ohio most of the yard signs say Trump. 

2 minutes ago, ajai said:

Whom will you vote for Ananta?

Does it matter? The debates aren't over yet.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

4 minutes ago, Ananta said:

I can only say in my corner of northeast Ohio most of the yard signs say Trump.

Okayz!

5 minutes ago, Ananta said:

Does it matter? The debates aren't over yet.

Yes yes true that.

On the presidential ballot, there is one pick for the republicans, one from the Democrat's, then misc independents. Voting for one of the independents is like throwing your vote away. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

8 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

78 years (74 too) is a crazy high age to be working at all.

Life expectancy for males in USA is 76.1 years. So he should already be dead.

In Sweden you lose your right to work after 67 year old. So such stuff could never happen here.

Trust me you don't miss on anything. ;)

Edited by zeroISinfinity

1 hour ago, Ananta said:

Thats not true. I know many ppl voting for Trump that aren't making that kind of money and since they are mostly in Healthcare I'd assume they care about the common man.

Maybe not $150,000.  But they are white conservatives who probably are not on unemployment no?

And the healthcare industry is huge.  There is a ton of money to be made in that industry.  

5 hours ago, Ananta said:

I know many ppl voting for Trump that aren't making that kind of money and since they are mostly in Healthcare I'd assume they care about the common man.

Private or government Healthcare?

9 hours ago, DrewNows said:

". . . that vitamin D is really important to have a strong immune system. People have been censored for saying that, even though it’s accurate.
"
"The reason we want to do this is flattening the curve was always a horrible idea. When you flatten the curve, the same number of people die, you just stretch it over a longer period."

What a dumbass. He is not to be taken seriously.

I'm assuming you didn't share that post ironically so please don't post Covid-related conspiracies and misinformation, I'm not a mod but I do know that its against forum guidelines.

8 hours ago, Thestarguitarist14 said:

Maybe not $150,000.  But they are white conservatives who probably are not on unemployment no?

And the healthcare industry is huge.  There is a ton of money to be made in that industry.  

I considered answering this, then realized there would be no end to the questioning. 

Think what you want.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Well, I actually think this was just a matter of time. Eventually it happened. That is why wear a mask and social distance.

3 hours ago, Extreme Z7 said:

I'm assuming you didn't share that post ironically so please don't post Covid-related conspiracies and misinformation, I'm not a mod but I do know that its against forum guidelines.

I am here to share what i feel and think, not to tell others what is right/wrong or how to. You appear to be a good student, watch out for your invisible hand with the zen stick right above your head. I won't judge you for closing your eyes, skipping a beat or simply going inward

If he truly got it, I don't think anyone win here..

1. He recovers from mild symptoms, "See I told you, fake news, it's just a regular flu"

2. He recovers from serious symptoms, "See, I'm still strong and healthy, Biden would never have survived that!"

3. He dies, at the edge of an election I assume this would cause complete chaos in the republican party and among his followers?

40 minutes ago, The Awakened Viking said:

If he truly got it, I don't think anyone win here..

1. He recovers from mild symptoms, "See I told you, fake news, it's just a regular flu"

2. He recovers from serious symptoms, "See, I'm still strong and healthy, Biden would never have survived that!"

3. He dies, at the edge of an election I assume this would cause complete chaos in the republican party and among his followers?

Trumpers went all in on 'Law and Order' and deflecting from covid. The only issues Trump is anywhere near even with Biden is on police and economy. Trump is waaay below Biden on handling covid. It's Trump's albatross. The last thing Trump's team wants is to have the discussion be about covid. They want to deflect and distract people from covid to antifa terrorists and fear. The entire news cycles have now been about covid. Nothing about policing. And Trump's team is trying to minimize the damage of covid spreading throughout the WH. This is a terrible look for them. Covid is their worst issue. If they are so careless and irresponsible about covid mitigation, socially distancing, masks to the point covid is rampant throughout the WH family - including the president himself - how can they protect regular American families. 

I could see Trump getting some sympathy due to his illness, yet I can't see him gaslighting Americans to believe that he is the hero protecting them from covid. That he know wants everyone to "work together" to get through covid - especially when Trumpists /  Republicans still aren't following mitigation procedures. Do you really think that Trump can gaslight the story so he is the responsible hero helping America get through the pandemic? I think the 30% of Trumpers will fall for it, yet I have a hard time seeing an average person getting gaslighted to this extent. Trump's con game can only go so far.

My prediction is that Trump's team will try to frame it as a "bad flu" that he overcame (as a strong hero) - and that we should reduce covid mitigations for the economy. Yet that is a hard sell to most Americans after Trump and much of his staff are hospitalized with covid. It also makes it harder for Trump to re-frame news cycles back to scary antifa terrorists that are violently destroying America. 

@Ananta

16 hours ago, Ananta said:

I don't see him as a monster. I'm not emotionally wrapped up in this like some are. I know a lot of ppl who like Trump (most of the ppl at my work) and are voting for him. So, not everyone thinks he's a monster. 

I don't care who wins really. As soon as you start to care too much, you pick sides and get all pissed off at the other side.

This is what most people are missing nowadays, a dispassionate view of politics like you have. It's a rarity.

Update: Trump is now taking the steroid Dexamethasone. This is a common steroid - yet not commonly used in high doses for covid. It is a potent anti-inflammatory used in severe cases of covid disease in which there is pulmonary inflammation and supplemental oxygen. Dexamethasone is generally not used in mild cases because it suppresses the immune system. 

The medication suggests that Trump has inflammation severe enough to warrant Dexamethasone - unless the doctors are using it in a non-conventional way.

Trump looked in pretty good shape in the video released yesterday. Yet he has now been placed on new medication normally used in more severe cases and he hasn't been tweeting, suggesting that his condition may be worsening. Double yet.  . . His doctor Conley said that Trump is doing well and may be released from the hospital tomorrow.  Triple yet. . . Normal doctors are saying a patient about to be released from the hospital would not be placed on Dexamethasone. So Trump's doctors are either using the steroid in a non-conventional way or are not being upfront about the severity of Trump's condition. Trump's doctor's have acted in non-conventional ways (putting Trump on Hydroxy), so I could see either scenario being true. 

21 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Update: Trump is now taking the steroid Dexamethasone. This is a common steroid - yet not commonly used in high doses for covid. It is a potent anti-inflammatory used in severe cases of covid disease in which there is pulmonary inflammation and supplemental oxygen. Dexamethasone is generally not used in mild cases because it suppresses the immune system. 

The medication suggests that Trump has inflammation severe enough to warrant Dexamethasone - unless the doctors are using it in a non-conventional way.

Trump looked in pretty good shape in the video released yesterday. Yet he has now been placed on new medication normally used in more severe cases and he hasn't been tweeting, suggesting that his condition may be worsening. Double yet.  . . His doctor Conley said that Trump is doing well and may be released from the hospital tomorrow.  Triple yet. . . Normal doctors are saying a patient about to be released from the hospital would not be placed on Dexamethasone. So Trump's doctors are either using the steroid in a non-conventional way or are not being upfront about the severity of Trump's condition. Trump's doctor's have acted in non-conventional ways (putting Trump on Hydroxy), so I could see either scenario being true. 

What the heck is brewing.....☠️

5 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

Interesting update @Forestluv

That said, his account just tweeted. 

This is just coming out as the biggest blatant FRAUD !!! ??

Edited by ajai

I'm just glad I'm not in the USA and seeing all this in person. I'm starting to reminisce the 2-3 years of my stay there about 13 years ago.