Matt Skinner

Donald Trump has tested positive for COVID-19

422 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

But the real question is if people start voting for him in large numbers just out of sympathy over his condition. 

I don't think this is a real issue.

I don't think this is a common reason why people will elect a powerful leader, people's motivation will normally elect based on how their wealth will be effected, how the elected individual's policies will effect the environment  etc. (that is depending on the person's stage of development and values).

4 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

@lmfao Whoa! Are you the ghostwriter of Donnie's official tweets?

I should watch Leo's Toxic Life Purpose video before I decide on this career 

"Piercing through the whitewash will turn into the truth someday
I want to keep believing in it stubbornly; It’s just my faith. The absolute truth."

I don't really understand why ppl on this thread that don't even live in the US give two shits? ...and I'm being serious. Is it to be part of the drama or what? 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste 🙏 🕉

@Ananta  because whatever happens in US politics ultimately directly or indirectly impacts the whole world. 

My family lives in the US. So it is usual thing for me to keep a tab on what's going on there. 

But even if my family wasn't there, I would still be curios because much of the politics and social climate as well as social media gets impacted by whatever happens in the US. 

A good example. 

The metoo movement was copied in my country. Inspired by US. 

INTP loner....... Nothing else but to enjoy  the rest of my dream. Love it. 

Preety preety

Trumpist like movements are on the rise all over the world. Steve Bannon has been traveling across Europe trying to replicate Trumpism in Europe.

Defeating Trumpism at the source -- the US -- will be a good object lesson for other countries.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

If this was actually filmed in Walter Reed Hospital today, Trumps looks to be in good shape. He certainly isn’t bedridden fighting for his life. 

7 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

If this was actually filmed in Walter Reed Hospital today, Trumps looks to be in good shape. He certainly isn’t bedridden fighting for his life. 

Today's newspaper or it didn't happen.

This video has him appear most presidential and even most grounded he has ever been in his whole life. Apparently the horrors of the disease has humbled him a little bit. I hope he doesn't carry this newly-found charisma onto the debate stage and the campaign trail or it may spell bad news for the democrats. 

52 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Defeating Trumpism at the source -- the US -- will be a good object lesson for other countries.

If ppl remember (I don't expect them too), I'm not political...not really. But, my comment is that how is Biden going to beat Trump?

The man can't even speak without being a complete, utter, mess. He reminds me of my early dementia patients. I just don't see him being the leader of the most powerful country in the world. Dems should've picked a better candidate.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste 🙏 🕉

@Ananta if you saw some of the recent campaigns of Trump, you'd see so many gaffes that Trump made and he had been slurring through many of his campaign speeches despite the help from his teleprompter. Kinda hilarious. xD

Preety preety

@Preety_India Then their both shit, but I'm telling you Biden is no better from what I've seen. He seems to have issues with his cognitive function. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste 🙏 🕉

15 minutes ago, Ananta said:

Biden is no better from what I've seen. He seems to have issues with his cognitive function.

That's some serious false equivocating.

One dude is an old fat monster, the other dude is just old.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

That's some serious false equivocating.

One dude is a monster, the other dude is just old.

I don't see him as a monster. I'm not emotionally wrapped up in this like some are. I know a lot of ppl who like Trump (most of the ppl at my work) and are voting for him. So, not everyone thinks he's a monster. 

I don't care who wins really. As soon as you start to care too much, you pick sides and get all pissed off at the other side.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste 🙏 🕉

4 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

78 years (74 too) is a crazy high age to be working at all.

Life expectancy for males in USA is 76.1 years. So he should already be dead.

In Sweden you lose your right to work after 67 year old. So such stuff could never happen here.

Seems from your descriptions, that you live in a really good country. Stay there happily and never leave. 

Preety preety

1 hour ago, Ananta said:

I don't see him as a monster. I'm not emotionally wrapped up in this like some are. I know a lot of ppl who like Trump (most of the ppl at my work) and are voting for him. So, not everyone thinks he's a monster. 

I don't care who wins really. As soon as you start to care you pick sides and get all pissed off at the other side.

thanks for adding nothing of substance to the discussion. good to know you don't care. some people don't have the luxury not to care. 

Edited by Lyubov

@Lyubov and you said in the other thread an hour ago-

"damn, hate is a powerful “factionizer” and motivator "

Were you talking about yourself?

As I said, if you allow yourself to get too emotional about politics, then someone who doesn't think like you is then the "enemy" and you feel justified to be rude...or even hate them.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste 🙏 🕉