Lyubov

First 2020 Presidential Debate

131 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Free Mind said:

I'm not. This is simply very likely the case. 

what evidence do you have that he has onset dementia? 

I disagree with him having to focus on Trump's lies. They have done polling that shows the vast majority of Americans know Trump lies through his teeth. It's a terrible debate strategy to go after your opponents lies especially with who he is up against. All Trump has to do is say it's fake news or tell more lies and further tie knots in the discussion. Biden needs to do exactly what he did. He needs to send his own message and stay above the devil's games.  

I didn't catch the significance of the "stand back and stand by". It seems that is a directive to stand back during the election, yet stand by and be ready to unleash if he loses. 

15 minutes ago, LoveandPurpose said:

@Free Mind What do you think he could have done better? Calling him out more? Fact checking?

I also don't understand the criticism of Biden. He repeatedly tried to call out Trump's lies (as did Wallace), yet there were so many that Biden often just nodded and said "not true". What's he supposed to do, spend the entire debate arguing about Trump's lies and falling into his trap? That's what the Biden team specifically wanted to avoid. I think too many people are looking for a fight, Biden isn't going after those voters.

I think most of the blame goes to the debate structure and moderator, yet there is only so much Wallace can do. He must have asked Trump 50 times to shut up and shouted over Trump about 10 times. Maybe they should cut off mics the next debate. 

12 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

I disagree with him having to focus on Trump's lies. They have done polling that shows the vast majority of Americans know Trump lies through his teeth. It's a terrible debate strategy to go after your opponents lies especially with who he is up against. All Trump has to do is say it's fake news or tell more lies and further tie knots in the discussion. Biden needs to do exactly what he did. He needs to send his own message and stay above the devil's games.  

Reporters after the debate said this was Biden's team strategy - they did not want to fall into the Trump's trap of chasing his lies the whole debate. They wanted Biden to speak to the American people. 

Trump wants to argue 90min over the lies he makes up - that's his whole persona. 

31 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

I didn't catch the significance of the "stand back and stand by". It seems that is a directive to stand back during the election, yet stand by and be ready to unleash if he loses. 

@Forestluv Yes, that's how I interpreted it, too. Right-wing militia groups unleashing when Trump claims the election was rigged and declares it invalid (which he almost explicitly said at the end of the debate that he'd do). 

Edited by tuckerwphotography

From my perspective, Trump looked like a little bitch up there.  He looked like a chihuahua barking and these little pseudo-Trump right wing posters on this website can’t make me see it any other way.  Trump looked deranged as hell up there.

The whole debate was a shitshow though and Biden talked to the viewer at least.

I think Biden could’ve done better but I won’t believe you if you said trump did a good job.

58 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

what evidence do you have that he has onset dementia? 

I said it’s very likely. Of course, I can only speculate this based on observing his behaviors from the past decade. If you see dnc speech in 2012, he speaks far more fluently and clearly than he does now. Cognitive decline from dementia tends to be exponential and that’s what we’re seeing. There’s no reason to think this rate of decline won’t continue, as sad as that is. 

Also, I’m mainly referring to the more significant false claims Trump makes. Simply letting them fly and glossing over them with your own view isn’t going to cut it in this context. Pointing out these assertions, such as his claim that his COVID response was optimal and the deaths would’ve been more, is an effective way to challenge Trump’s only tactic which is to distort facts and lie.

Grade

A

Shitshow

Very entertaining.

The pure undiluted United Stars of Sensational Reality Television that defines America under Trump.

I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so much at something so serious!

It was what I expected and then some. Not disappointed a bit.

13 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Is this politics or stand-up comedy?

It's devilry.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I've watched only a few moments and noticed:

Biden is low energy

Trump takes too much beta carotene it seems

I would like to have as much energy as Trump has at his age

Trump constantly interrupting like a child

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

I'd like to apologize to any aliens or 5th dimension entities who witnessed this pathetic event. ?

It was a fun show. Trump interrupted a lot. Biden was low in energy. And trump calling biden son a coke addict was bad, (he is dead right). B/w i have a feeling Trump is gonna win if next debates goes like this.

Edited by Harikrishnan

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

2 hours ago, Harikrishnan said:

It was a fun show. Trump interrupted a lot. Biden was low in energy. And trump calling biden son a coke addict was bad, (he is dead right). B/w i have a feeling Trump is gonna win if next debates goes like this.

You guys seem to forget how Trump won in the first place! He was way too dominant in debates, made everyone look like passive amateurs, he knew how to control the crowd reaction in all debates that had one, he was a walking meme getting massive media exposure and several viral videos on the internet because of this. That's how the public began to saw him as a strong leader.

Yes, he is kind of dumb and low-consciousness but so are most of American population and they respond to strength rather than smart and well formed opinions (which they cannot relate at all).

He manipulated the publics fear talking non-stop about topics like China and presenting himself as the strong solution, the one with the firm hand needed to do the job.

Remember that people judge not by what they hear but by how it is said and who is saying it.

15 minutes ago, Recursoinominado said:

Remember that people judge not by what they hear but by how it is said and who is saying it.

What you say is true, but what is to be done?

Michelle Obama's idea that "When they go low, we go high" began the ongoing trend of Democrats sitting on a moral high horse, being outraged over and over by increasingly dishonest or hyper-hypocritical actions by their Republican counterparts, while the latter accumulate more and more actual power.

If people are going to be seduced by Trump's noisy fear-mongering antics, nothing we say will change the outcome of this election.

Moving forward, we should think outside the box. Future activity should perhaps be directed not at opposing Trump (hence offending his sheep and continuing the same political iron curtain that divides the population against itself), but the enablers of Alternative Facts that serve as his pillars. For example, Facebook has proven one of the worst things to ever happen to world politics, yet rarely is it the focus of serious attention. I'd start there.

I listened hard to all of Joe's answers and liked them.  Thank God he has a plan for climate change.  Trump could give two orange shits what happens to the rainforests. 

I don't need an eloquent and fast talking president, just a competent one. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

1 hour ago, No Self said:

What you say is true, but what is to be done?

Well, strong and inspiring leaders would be a great start, which isn't happening at all. 

While the right-wing has no problem with being ruthless and take this extreme masculine approach of getting things done at all costs, the left-wing keep trying to take this feminine approach of getting outraged and pretending to take this "high" approach to politics which does not equals actually winning elections.

Here in Brazil we have the same phenomenon, while the right-wing is dominating and getting shit done (aka ruining the country) with a ruthless approach, the left look like a bunch of teenage girls talking shit via social media all day and don't accomplish SHIT except virtue signaling and receiving approval from their already converted followers.

Typical stage green, out of touch with reality, lost in their own bubbles without getting shit done.