Leo Gura

Make Your 2020 General Election Predictions Here!

2,418 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

Ok.

Another Q; Are there more democrats in metropolitan areas than in rural areas?

Very much so; the Democratic Republican demographic divide is in many ways a divide between urban and rural areas. In the US political system, rural areas have a disproportionate amount of political influence compared to thier population.

If presidential elections were decided by popular vote rather than the Electoral College, Republicans might conceivably never win another election. Which is why they defend the E.C., as they benefit from it politically in a big way.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

Just now, Meta-Man said:

As expected

Yep. When you scroll through, there are data for married/unmarried, atheists/religious, etc, as well. 

3 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

Very much so; the Democratic Republican demographic divide is in many ways a divide between urban and rural areas. In the US political system, rural areas have a disproportionate amount of political influence compared to thier population.

If presidential elections were decided by popular vote rather than the Electoral College, Republicans might conceivably never win another election. Which is why they defend the E.C., as they benefit from it politically in a big way.

All these damn yuppies need to relocate! But no one wants to live in some awful rural county in Georgia or Texas.

Even the rural area thing is changing. More stage green people are leaving cities for a slower paced, more naturally connected life, kind of like happened in the 60's. I've seen that trend here and it's happening faster and faster. We had a real estate boom like we've never seen before over the summer with coronavirus pushing people to leave cities. Lots of younger people I grew up with who left have returned home for good. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

8 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

No it's not illegal at all. Even in the states or counties that mandate masks, that mandate is merely a suggestion. The only thing that could have happened differently is if we had a true leader that encouraged mask wearing, instead of outright ridiculing it. Or telling us that it'll all go away by Easter, like magic. 

5 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

In my state masks are ordered, but I live in a red pocket of a blue state, so rather than being enforced here, it's being used as a political statement to not wear a mask. It's insane. 

4 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

Masks are mandated here in Michigan as well, but it's not uncommon to see people proudly and flagrantly violating that mandate as a 'Fuck You' statement.

Thank you.

That seems irresponsible considering the statistics.

For example, India has roughly the same number of cases, and only 123 000 death.

USA has 230 000.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

We all know what the democrats here think. They think they are more moral and smarter and we Trumpers are a basket of deplorables. Maybe even the classic list of : racist, sexist, mysogonist, facist. And now comes the funny part. They think all what I just said and at the SAME time that they are more tolerant!  How can they not see something is not right in there logic?

Edited by good

Just now, good said:

We all know what the democrats here think. They think they are more moral and smarter and we Trumpers are a basket of deplorables. Maybe even the classic list of : racist, sexist, mysogonist, facist. And now comes the funny part. They think all what I just said and at the SAME time that they are more tolerant!  How can they not see something is not right in there logic?

Because “they” have taken ownership of there attitude and expression, it feels necessary to polarize 

@Consept It seems to me that Trump is really tricky, and sure that could even be stage Red, but I sense that there is something else going on than the mere surface level appearance. Notice that Trump has been a Democrat in the past:

"Trump's political party affiliation has changed numerous times. He registered as a Republican in Manhattan in 1987, switched to the Reform Party in 1999, the Democratic Party in 2001, and back to the Republican Party in 2009.[1]" - Wikipedia

So my guess is that he has gone through stage Green and into the second tier and is now playing the role of mainly Blue and Orange while in reality being at the Turquoise level. I don't know much about U.S. politics but I doubt that a President can do whatever he wants. There is a massive bureaucracy and a strict legal framework for how the U.S. government operates. It's much more planned than it appears at face value is my guess.

@good It is always relative to say you are more conscious than someone else, there is not really an objective way or meter for someone to check who is further a long the path. But, we can go from main signals. Like how loving you are, how open you are, etc. If you look at Trump and his voters, most of them appear to be the opposite of that. 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@good lol. Whose alter-ego here are you? @Leo Gura Could you look up their IP to see with whose it matches? :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

I took a political sociology lecture years ago, where I've heard that cities favors the circulation of informations, perspectives and ideas. 

Conservative, rural areas are of lower density and thus, ideas do not circulate as fast and the mind tend to solidify.

Democrats are a progressive person's choice, and the Rep are conservative person's fav. Each camp own either the issue of progress or the issue of keeping stuff as they are.

Remember that academics are social groups as well. And sociology is not an exact science. So expect them to be very biased.

My theory is that rural areas are more down to earth with feet in the mud and not hyped by things like identity politics. They understand the good accomplishments of generations before them and don't fall for all the new hypes. They are less distracted. They wont throw away the baby with the bathwater.

Edited by good

4 minutes ago, Anderz said:

@Consept It seems to me that Trump is really tricky, and sure that could even be stage Red, but I sense that there is something else going on than the mere surface level appearance. Notice that Trump has been a Democrat in the past:

So my guess is that he has gone through stage Green and into the second tier and is now playing the role of mainly Blue and Orange while in reality being at the Turquoise level. I don't know much about U.S. politics but I doubt that a President can do whatever he wants. There is a massive bureaucracy and a strict legal framework for how the U.S. government operates. It's much more planned than it appears at face value is my guess.

Green - Consensus - Egalitarian, Feeling, Sharing, Caring, Community.

Trump has zero of those, how could he be green ?

The reason he switch sides so often is because he's more concerned about his own interest, and then switch when the opposite party seems to give him more power, that's it xD

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Meta-Man it’s like science is political and so depending on what news we’re trusting, we have different beliefs and opinions ?‍♂️
@Opo we are all allowed to have our own interpretations and understandings of how spiral dynamics works, I don’t agree with the model Leo shared, it’s too left brained, not  multidimensional in nature, very “stage orange” if you will 

@Opo I forgot to mention, at the second tier level people don't behave in the predictable black and white thinking of the first tier. But okay, it's my speculations. I will wait and see what actually happens. I have made my prediction.

4 minutes ago, Anderz said:

Why would switching parties indicate transferring through spiral levels? Can you point to anything 'green' that hes done previously, considering hes shut down many green initiatives? 

Take these few Turquoise traits  Unity, Deeper & deeper levels of interconnectedness, Selfless living, Sacrifice self for greater consciousness, Meditation, yoga, contemplation, self-inquiry, Not-knowing. Do you think he has shown any of these? 

I think you should really try and understand spiral dynamics a bit more. Appreciate that you may not have a firm grip on the different levels and how to categorise into them. If you look at other potential turquoise people ie Sadhguru, Mooji etc they do not seem in anyway similar to Trump, its actually laughable to imagine them together. They also dont need to do elaborate game playing to manipulate people. Can you point to any others you consider turquoise?

10 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

@good lol. Whose alter-ego here are you? @Leo Gura Could you look up their IP to see with whose it matches? :ph34r:

xD is your cage getting rattled sir? Don’t be afraid to feel without judgment, breath into your balls for god sakes! 

4 minutes ago, Shin said:

Green - Consensus - Egalitarian, Feeling, Sharing, Caring, Community.

Trump has zero of those, how could he be green ?

Sounds like Trump to me. What media have you been watching?

13 minutes ago, Max_V said:

@good It is always relative to say you are more conscious than someone else, there is not really an objective way or meter for someone to check who is further a long the path. But, we can go from main signals. Like how loving you are, how open you are, etc. If you look at Trump and his voters, most of them appear to be the opposite of that. 

The inherent deception of appearances, surface values are highly overrated 

@Anderz I understand what you mean. Trump for example has good red when he stands against islamic doctrine, he is not naive. Trump has yellow when he makes his peace deals , system thinking. Trump has green and thinks more fairly about races , instead of the more disruptive identity politics. He switches into all sorts of modes. But I do think he is mostly tier 1.

Edited by good