Leo Gura

Make Your 2020 General Election Predictions Here!

2,418 posts in this topic

Only Atlanta left to be counted, baby! C'mon Atlanta you - can do it.

Biden speaking now, yet is framing it all wrong. He actually said "It's not over until every vote is counted". Arggghh. That is what the candidate who refuses to concede a close election. At least he got ahead of Trump and ended by saying "We are going to win this!"

Trump about to take the stage after tweeting "A Big Win!". Let's see if he declares victory. 

7 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

He actually said "It's not over until every vote is counted". Arggghh.

Lol, what did you expect him to do? Declare victory?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 states left: WI, MI, PA, GA, NC. Biden needs 2 of them.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Lol, what did you expect him to do? Declare victory?

I would have phrased it differently. That's literally what every candidate on the losing side of a close election says. 

Perhaps something like "We are in a strong position and I'm confident that we will win the remaining ballots to be counted the next few days".

2 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Perhaps something like "We are in a strong position and I'm confident that we will win the remaining ballots to be counted

He said that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

If our buddy Joe doesn't get his shit together up there in Michigan and Pennsylvania. Were screwed. Painful to watch. Cmon Joe you can do it. I believe in you. Get this selfish sob out of office. 

the election of demons.jpg

the election of demons.jpg

Edited by diamondpenguin

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

It'd be a real shame to lose this election by such a small margin.  No doubt the next election the Democrats will elect and run someone even more right leaning.  It would be a pretty huge set back for progress.  

@Leo Gura  

Trump cult is a pretty strong cult lmao. 

The grip of narcissism is like a snake oil I guess. Easily sells. 

Defeating narcissists will need another God I guess. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

42 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Only Atlanta left to be counted, baby! C'mon Atlanta you - can do it.

Yayyyyy??

tenor (11).gif

Biden focused on Georgia during the campaign instead on Florida, according to an NBC News reporter. Turns out to be a smart move since Georgia is still uncertain. I hope Trump will win though, haha. :P

1 minute ago, ds300 said:

trump already won imo

?  All Biden has to do is win Nevada, Arizona, Maine (which look good so far) and Georgia (which is close).  It is far from over.

@ds300 the mail in ballots are still pending to be counted. Those are close to a million and Republican votes in mail in are only a few hundred thousand. 

Biden will most likely win Nevada. 

It's a Biden victory but not a landslide. 

Clear Biden victory once mail in counting begins 

Didn’t know so many Americans supported Trump man, makes me look at the US in a different light. Like all the counties in some states voted Republican. What are they, stupid.

Edited by Akemrelax

@Akemrelax sometimes it's not so much about voting for Trump but rather Republicans 

The Republicans have been pretty strong for the longest time in America especially in the south.

People who have been voting Republicans all their lives will not deviate from it. They will only see the letter next to the candidates name. That's what matters to them. They don't educate themselves on the current news or situation 

They simply vote the Letter they have been voting loyally for years. 

For most Americans, a new change is frightening and they're too resistant to anything new. Blacks are a minority. Whites are a majority. These majority want to hold on to their old values and systems. That's why conservatism works really well in America. They would hardly want to read a new word or a new book. 

They are used to Republican party no matter even if the Republicans elect the worst candidate. 

America is not Green. It's very Orange and Blue and some Red, so you shouldn't be surprised. 

Like Leo says, America is not as progressive as the world would like to believe. That would very much explain why Trump won 4 year term in the first place. 

Edited by Preety_India

@Akemrelax

It's less about Trump and more about not letting the libs win

I just plugged the leaning states into the prediction, unless Biden takes Michigan AND Pennsylvania I don't see him winning this one.

uv97gw1bb5x51.jpg

Edited by Zega

On 03/11/2020 at 3:17 AM, Leo Gura said:

Okay, this is my final prediction. You can judge me based on this:

https://www.270towin.com/maps/gXVpL

I predict that it will be at least that, or much better for Biden. Overall this should be a Blue Wave for the Dems similar to 2018.

Let's see...

You've got AZ right (so far)!

Currently it looks like Trump is leading NC, MI and PA though, which would mean a win for him.

23 hours ago, Geromekevin said:

Final prediction: https://www.270towin.com/maps/Wpglx

Didn't change much, just a little less secure about some states. Wisconsin might become red again like 2016, too.

The money / market predicts a Trump win because:
- the betting markets heavily favor Trump (= you win less betting on him).
- Stock markets indicate a Trump win because the oil and energy companies' stocks surged while big tech lost. This means the market is expecting the candidate that is pro fracking and anti big tech monopolies to win.

BTW, I'm NOT saying I want this. I'm german and think both candidates aren't the best the US has to offer. Putting it out here to see how well the prediction holds up and how good / bad my model of reality is.

I got AZ wrong, but the rest looks true.

Yikes, Trump is now having a press conference and is saying that they won both Georgia and Pennsylvania. I actually supported Marianne Williamson, but I think Trump will be an interesting alternative. Actually similar choices from a big picture perspective I think although politically very different obviously.

11 minutes ago, ds300 said:

he is till up in michigan pensilvania ohio north carolina and wisconsin. Even if biden wins all the ones you mentioned which he probably wont Trump will still win if he wins all the states he is ahead in. He has a 70 percent chance of winning according to  action 2020 election odds.

They are neck and neck in North Carolina.  Michigan and Wisconsin are close too.  It is far from over.