Leo Gura

The Intelligence Of Survival Mega-Thread

139 posts in this topic

you won't believe how artistic this fish is, just to attract females

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

@Eren Eeager That's one hell of an honest signal.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

14 hours ago, Eren Eeager said:

you won't believe how artistic this fish is, just to attract females

Creatively lazy humans topple in shame.

I can't quite believe that this hasn't shown up yet in this thread.

This organism does not have a single neuron and yet, it re-designed the subway system of Tokyo more efficiently than it is currently designed.

I'm a german biologist and it really bothers me that so many scientists still don't want to accept the fact that this slime  mold is pretty damn smart, tough it has no brain. The mind does not require a brain. That's a tough swallow for them.

Edited by Tim R

Skip to 33:20 for an amazing depiction of how the Alcon Blue Caterpillars trick ant colonies into feeding them for years. Stunning footage! This series "Our Planet" on Netflix is superb!

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

If that isn't a proof for aliens right under our nose i dont know what is lol. 

( Yeah, another Kurzgesagt vid, but damn) 

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

Wolf lets the dog chase him, pretending to be scared and lures him away from the owner, and then it turns around and attacks

0:26

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 7/20/2020 at 4:15 AM, Leo Gura said:

Devil bird!

You've witnessed the devil bird, now prepare for the devil wasp!

This wasp stings its prey with incredible precision directly into its brain, disabling the fight-or-flight reflexes. It then drags the cockroach into a small hole, lays its egg on top of the cockroach and seals the hole with small rocks and wooden chunks. The cockroach is then eaten alive from the inside out...

Ouch...

It's horrific yet intriguingly beautiful!

Here are a few more mind controlling, parasitic lifeforms:

Let's take a moment to appreciate not being one of those insects.. 

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

Beautiful.  Felt that heart-love when the meerkat risked its life trying to protect it's clan.  As well as when the clan came and helped the solo meerkat. 

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

apparently the kangaroo doesn’t fight back because it only picks fights with worthy opponents. insane how he’s just holding the guys dog hostage lmao

Fascinating, it's like they have a peace treaty amongst each other.

Glory to Israel

I have watched two youtubers discuss survival in relation to variety.  By variety, I mean number of configurations.  

One view - people start dying when they stop growing (stop adding more variety; keep the number of configurations the same or even decreased)

Another view - we resist change in order to survive (Leo video- (I didn't watch it all yet though)) (we keep the variety and number of configurations the same; we reject new variety/configurations)

I would say that there could be a trend of increasing, decreasing, or keeping the amount of configurations the same could which allow for an increased or decreased life duration - however, it does not necessarily EQUAL increased or decreased life duration.

The number of configurations is constantly changing all the time.  How we respond and interact with those configurations is not necessarily based on the quantity.

However, I can see that the more configurations there are, the longer it may take to fully observe/identify/learn/understand all of the existing ones before any adaptation/creation could be thrown in the mix.

I didn't watched it yet, but I think that this video qualifies for this thread.