roopepa

TikTok is surreal

44 posts in this topic

Tic Toc is exactly what the decadent society had to create because everything else is too emotionally difficult and requires emotional labour...even reading Instagram posts. It could not be any other way.....  We are looking at a generation of severe ADD with completely and utterly destroyed ability to focus for over 8 seconds and tictoc is exploiting that...brilliant move, I applaud the creators. 

@Jacobsrw absolutely spot on !!

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 they’ve created a literal indoctrination machine.

Hahaha it’s quite hysterical that we all here are on the same page but conventional society would think we are all delusional, figures xD

Edited by Jacobsrw

TikTok is another perfect example of technology destroying our attention spans and ability to focus.

I'm not gonna look it up because I don't have the attention span, but I'm gonna guess Ritalin and other ADHD drugs sales have increased 300% at the very least in the past decade.

hrhrhtewgfegege

@Roy  Yeah, look at this article on EMF's and how they alone have impacted things like ADD. 

https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/article/lifestyle-articles/emf/

Social Media is an amazing tool, but everyone has become so obsessed with it it's hugely out of balance at this point. I feel society needs a cleanse from technology post this lockdown shit, get back into nature, back into doing natural things- socializing, playing sports, playing games, reading, exercising, walking etc. 

Don't get me wrong I love Social Media, Video Games, TV/ Movies etc, but it's about that balance isn't it, and modern day children are growing up addicted to screens and technology, I think it's even more vital for kids to be kids. 

Let's just say I think there's a reason Silicon Valley owners and CEO's send their Kids to tech free schools, and don't let their Children on Social Media lol. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

3 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Let's just say I think there's a reason Silicon Valley owners and CEO's send their Kids to tech free schools, and don't let their Children on Social Media lol. 

I find the hypocrisy and lengths of the mental gymnastics they go through to rationalize this stuff so fascinating. It's like the perfect case study for ego.

hrhrhtewgfegege

It's a meme machine.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I saw my sister used it last Christmas just dancing crazy and everything during our travels. Few days ago when we talked i told her about the scary things about the app and how it can tracked you etc.. She immediately uninstalled the next day and it was hilarious lmao.

On 7/5/2020 at 9:11 PM, Meta-Man said:

@Jacobsrw

So it’s like Instagram and FB, except there are only videos? How is it more toxic than other outlets?

The content.

Instagram can be quite customized for your tastes, there are channels like NationalGeo, artists...etc.

Facebook I like it way less but it has some functionality with groups.

But TikTok is nonstop teens twerking, silly jokes, people smashing cakes into their faces...etc That kind of humour. 

*humans* let’s find any means caress our ego.

“Oh look there’s a new app TikTok!” “Let us use it to have endless entertainment”.

*becomes more deluded than ever before*.

Edited by Jacobsrw

As  highschooler, I know 3 people personally that have over 100k followers. My ex has like 200k! 

It seems this isn't uncommon. Which leads me to believe there's a lot of following going on.

Its crazy! I'ts a instant dopamine factory, full of dancing ego-hookers getting likes and ridiculous memes giving you instant laughs, and you just have to fire like one neuron to get more.

I installed and yes I got many fun and laughs, but I noticed my brain getting hooked quickly.

Shit's dangerous, if you get on it prepare for an instant addiction, apply a dopamine detox when you need to get out of it.

Here's a graphic description of it:

Homer-Donuthell.jpg

Edited by Oliver Saavedra

Connect to Create ☼♡

@Carl-Richard

On 18/05/2020 at 7:33 PM, Carl-Richard said:

It's a meme machine.

Cries in doomer 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

On 5/19/2020 at 3:31 AM, Cocolove said:

As  highschooler, I know 3 people personally that have over 100k followers. My ex has like 200k! 

It seems this isn't uncommon. Which leads me to believe there's a lot of following going on.

Yess exactly!

Someone with 50 millions followers on it seems to have an account full of thoughtless content and nothing extremely special....it is an app full of kids though

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

@Jacobsrw maybe all this pretentious OCD behavior is worse than letting my attention run a little wild with clips of ass n titties shaking on my phone screen, or silly clips TikTok videos

15 hours ago, Moon said:

Yess exactly!

Someone with 50 millions followers on it seems to have an account full of thoughtless content and nothing extremely special....it is an app full of kids though

Yes True words!

In india people's are busy scrolling that shit making short video's. And This app has a infinity sroll. Infinite bullshit. 

All of your life you have been told that God created you. God come now to tell you this:  You are creating God❤️

11 hours ago, PenguinPablo said:

@Jacobsrw maybe all this pretentious OCD behavior is worse than letting my attention run a little wild with clips of ass n titties shaking on my phone screen, or silly clips TikTok videos

Well allow yourself to be consumed by it then tell me of your growth. I almost guarantee you will be become more deluded as a result. People don’t understand the level of mind manipulation apps of the sort produce.

They are simply indoctrination machines for neuroticism.

Edited by Jacobsrw

For fucks sake, just let the people enjoy TikTok! If you dont like it, then dont download it. Theres no reason to judge the people on this app and people who watch it. TikTok can actually be quite entertaining.

1 hour ago, actualizing25 said:

For fucks sake, just let the people enjoy TikTok! If you dont like it, then dont download it. Theres no reason to judge the people on this app and people who watch it. TikTok can actually be quite entertaining.

Tell that to the mental healthcare system which now has media app and gaming on a spectrum of diagnosable disorder for an increasing multitude of people.

Edited by Jacobsrw