ZenAlex

What are your general impressions/thoughts of Teal Swan?

76 posts in this topic

Just looked her up after a long time based on this thread. I'm enjoying her perspective on Corona, she seems pretty raw and honest here: 

I like her softness and all but someone committed suicide. O.o

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

alot of people supposedly commited suicide "because" of Leo, yet you people are still here?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

There was a bigger thread about Teal in 2018, if someone is interested to read, here it is :

Interestingly, the opinions seem more positive of her than they are now. When did the suicide accusation happen, in 2019?

“ In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few. ”
― Shunryu Suzuki

2 hours ago, Rilles said:

alot of people supposedly commited suicide "because" of Leo, yet you people are still here?

How do you measure how many lives are saved and the viral-for-good effects it has on others in that person's life? You can't. Not all suicidal phone helpline workers are successful in preventing suicides. Should they just quit because they are somehow responsible for those suicides? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

18 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

How do you measure how many lives are saved and the viral-for-good effects it has on others in that person's life? You can't. Not all suicidal phone helpline workers are successful in preventing suicides. Should they just quit because they are somehow responsible for those suicides? 

Thats my point actually, you have to take responsibilty for what you put out as content but the listener has a responsibility too, just because Leo says "death is the best thing youll ever experience" doesnt mean I will go and kill myself, I take in that info and then I chew on it and then move on with my day. Now if he said "Suicide is great, try it" that would be a totally different story, that would be deliberately doing harm and thats not what Teal or Leo is doing. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

There may be some truth in what she's saying but she's got issues, man. She's delusional, she's dishonest, and reckless. She is not to be trusted.

one of my friends is really deeply into her stuff she even prefers her over leo i think she is really really gifted and creative but the way she communicates really puts me off idk if thats part of a childhood trauma or just flat out lying to my face but she does seem inauthentic at least in the videos she giggles in the most fake and obvious way and she does not sound confident or thats how i perceive her but confidence is a vital factor in being a teacher b cuz otherwise im gonna immediately assume shes lying or just parroting or representing something else does not even believe in but i havent watched interviews or live conversations so i cant be sure

but in general its more about the student than the teacher and bad student usually misinterpret the highest teachings but we gotta start some where and its about trial and error 

She's certainly brought some (a lot) of wisdom into my life but I agree that she has a weird vibe in many of her videos as well.

@The observer  It's interesting how someone can sound confident without knowing anything right.

She's amazing. The fact that she would leave her planet to teach the advanced insights of her civilization is really... really just inspirational.

Why do I always feel like she is hypnotizing me? 

Anyone else feel the same or is it just me? 

This feeling of being hypnotized while watching her videos. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

She is Enlightened??

All of your life you have been told that God created you. God come now to tell you this:  You are creating God❤️

@Hardik lol no.

She is mostly in Tier 1/2 lol 

There is the 3rd tier in your biology. There is Self-Creation instead of Self-Deception

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

On 4/22/2020 at 3:51 PM, Preety_India said:

Why do I always feel like she is hypnotizing me? 

Anyone else feel the same or is it just me? 

This feeling of being hypnotized while watching her videos. 

Hahaha actually we can give anyone this power, or position of authority in the subconscious mind. Nothing wrong with it if your conscious of doing it.

What feels like lifetimes ago I worked a summer with pre-K at a kids club, after a while I realized I’d actually been allowing myself to be hypnotized spending so much time interacting with these kids 

Even started noticing it in my coworkers when they’d bounce between mothering and child aspects of themself. I brought it up, like holy shit my thoughts have all of a sudden become super dumbed down ?

how truly amazing is consciousness and the mind 

I like Teal Swan.

I feel like she's one of the few psychology/mental health teachers that gets to the root of issues. A lot of her videos are still kind of surface level or 'quick fix' kind of things, but she definitely still provides root fixes in a lot of her content which I haven't found anywhere else.

I've had problems with social anxiety and really low self-esteem all my life, and her videos on shame, self-trust and self-love have all really helped me to get an understanding of where my issues are coming from. I have also been using her book 'The Completion Process' over the past few months to go into my past and find the trauma that caused my low self-esteem. It has worked extremely well and for the first time I'm actually building true, lasting self-esteem whereas nothing else has worked for me.

I do kind of get that vibe from her that she seems kind of inauthentic, and it seems like she doesn't really connect with people or her audience well when teaching, and so I wouldn't be too surprised if she has done some shady stuff, but I know for sure, from my own experience that her information is high quality and has genuinely helped me overcome my deep rooted self-esteem issues (caused from an abandonment trauma in my childhood) which no other self-esteem building technique has helped me to do.

As for the thing about her embracing suicide, I think its just a misunderstanding about the fact that you have to feel into your emotions and go towards them to be able to process them and move past them. if you resist and reject your thoughts on suicide it will just make your problem worse.

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji