Vipassana

I meditated 3 hours straight for 21 days, this is what happened!

25 posts in this topic

So I recently completed 21 days of 3 Hour Vipassana Meditaton & here's a video talking about my experience. 

Here is the thread with all of the time lapses! Thank you for all the support! 

Awesome! :x

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Awesome :)

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Vipassana Great work! Thank you for the informative post. Really resonated with the relativity of time.

I’ve been considering a practice of this caliber for quite some. I do 2x 20 sessions a day at the moment and aim to at doing something like this. 

Interestingly, my challenge isn’t sitting for long periods of time, my challenge is maintaining a stilled mind within the period. I’ve sat for 2 hours on several occasions and in each, the mind wanders off into irrelevant thoughts within 5 or so minutes.

I look forward to attempting this.  

Edited by Jacobsrw

3 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

@Vipassana

Can I ask what technique you were using?

maybe you should look at his username first before asking that 

@Vipassana Awesome!

You’re right on about the twenty years. How did you acquire that depth of appreciation and recognition of this, seeing as you haven’t had twenty years to meditate yet? Did you grow up with meditation ‘around’? Any of Leo’s video’s in particular that struck that chord perhaps? A book or two? Certain videos or teachers?  Thanks! It’s really rare and made me curious. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Legendary stuff!

I ll try to be more aware of thoughts on time and see if I can push myself too! Thanks!

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

Enjoyed the vid! Thanks man :) Been meditating for 2+years myself and recently upped my meditation from 30mins a day to 1 hour a day. Trying it for 3 months but I think I'll keep it because really gotten used to 30 mins and it goes by super fast and so want more ;)

Great stuff man!

I struggle with 1 hour so I break it down to 2 sessions / day. This motivated me to work harder on my practise. What about your legs? Are you flexible enough to endure those hours? I think my legs would fall off if after like ~40 minutes :D

I used to do that until my parents stopped me. Damn I miss my meditation days

I love your threads. Keep posting more and more. 

It's very motivating. 

You're doing a great job. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Thank you for all the kind words. You guys inspire me by making me realize I am inspiring others. :x

@Jacobsrw small session are definitely powerful. My approach is to build some remarkable determination in my first few years of practice so in the future, I'll have extremely powerful concentration even if I'm sitting for a few minutes. 

@Husseinisdoingfine  Vipassana Meditation as taught by S.N Goenka

@Nahm Yes I did grow up 'around' meditation although I resisted it until I was 17. I was forced to go to some Osho retreats at a very early age so i did have exposure but I didn't understand anything until I tried psychedelics and began to listen to Leo. The two people I've listening to speak the most would be Osho & Leo. Thousands of hours at this point. I've been listening to Osho's Hindi discourses and they are really really really advanced especially his talks on meditation specifically. Leo has served the purpose of providing me with a strong theoretical foundation, all else is intuition ;) 

@nistake During the 21 days, I got a sharp pain on my right groin every single day at the 2 hour mark. I was able to endure it and sit through one of the days but other days I thought I was messing up my nerves and joints so I ended up moving. I doubt that I was doing any massive damage, most likely just mind games to get me to move. There were sits where I was so focused and equanimous that the pain totally disappeared but then there were sits where I dreaded my existence. I think its just a matter of practice. I once heard a quote that 'all sensation... pleasant or painful are merely the body adjusting to change'... so taking that into consideration, the pain would've probably disappeared if I kept doing 3 hours. 

@Son of leo thats not a good problem to have. I would suggest you set some boundaries and get back into meditation! 

@Vipassana Amazing thank you for the motivation. I have done this in the past but recently really fell of the bandwagon. 

I find when I medittlate to this intensity reality becomes like a acid trip and it can really open up all darkness and you really have to be prepared for that. Have you also found this? 

@Globalcollective nope ! no mystical experiences as of now although I've reached some remarkable levels of stillness (remarkable in terms of my own prior experiences)