PlayTheGame

Leo saying sadhguru is not awake

382 posts in this topic

You guys just need to do the practices and stop worrying about what Leo thinks, or what anyone thinks on this forum.

Your direct experience > opionions of others.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you think you will ever fully Awaken through meditation, for example, I can tell you right now, that will never happen. Not even after 40 years. It's useful to know that so you don't waste time.

I'm just trying to save you guys time.

I completely agree on this part. 

I am interested in awakening from this matrix, and I don't want to waste 40 years, I want to see fast momentum and interesting insights at a decently fast pace.

Will you release a full updated guide on how to reach enlightenment according to your new knowledge?

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

3 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

So that (hypothetical) stereotypical Buddhist monk meditating on a mountain in Tibet is wasting his time?

In this case, yes, because we're lucky to have the internet and other spiritual paths shown to us and we have it easy. At that time, it's not a waste of time, it's very valuable for them, and it's more serious then. But really, who knows?

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The question of who is Awake is not about power or being better than them. It's a practical matter because you need to know which methods will and which won't lead you to the highest levels of Awakening.

That is all. It's not about a dick measuring contest.

If you think you will ever fully Awaken through meditation, for example, I can tell you right now, that will never happen. Not even after 40 years. It's useful to know that so you don't waste time.

I'm just trying to save you guys time.

Why do you think god hid the secrets of consciousness inside the venom of a toad? Was it random, or was there an intention behind it?

1 minute ago, billiesimon said:

I completely agree on this part. 

I am interested in awakening from this matrix, and I don't want to waste 40 years, I want to see fast momentum and interesting insights at a decently fast pace.

Will you release a full updated guide on how to reach enlightenment according to your new knowledge?

I think he did mention that he'll update most of the enlightenment exercises.

7 minutes ago, Mafortu said:

Why do you think god hid the secrets of consciousness inside the venom of a toad? Was it random, or was there an intention behind it?

@Mafortu Nothing in existence is random. 

10 minutes ago, Mafortu said:

Because the road got fed up of being eaten all the time.

Sadhguru also thinks many gurus aren't awake. It doesn't matter. As long as you resonate with their teachings, it can help you to grow.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

29 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

So that (hypothetical) stereotypical Buddhist monk meditating on a mountain in Tibet is wasting his time?

Name me one Buddhist who is Awake.

I haven't ever met one.

But that doesn't mean he's wasting his time. You can gain much benefit from meditation, but you will not reach the highest levels of God realization.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Anna1 said:

What..the...hell? ?

I seriously want to know what you're talking about, hmm?

As weird as it sounds I've come across descriptions of the same kind of thing. Basically even spiritual energies are regarded/recognized/worshiped as dualities... because people and the mind create dualities, that's just what we do. It's easiest to think of it in this example, the Christian church recognizes one, wicca and witchcraft recognizes another. They even imply gender, the Heavenly Father and the Goddess. Each deny the Oneness or divinity of the other. Because of the imbalance, severe imbalance can manifest as intense charisma, such as in the case of Hitler with severe consequences. And having grown up in Christianity, I've seen the same smaller scale effect in many pastors and leaders. 

Outside of religion, with people who recognize oneness and nonduality, the same imbalances can manifest.

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

This would be the closest one I would be aware of..

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@Leo Gura so can we make a distinction between “awake” and “enlightenment”, where awake people realize God and enlightened people just have no more ego suffering and fear of death, say, like Eckhart Tolle. I don’t really want those highest levels of realization I just want to be like Eckhart where there is no more ego suffering and I can be super creative to reach my highest goals. 

Or am i saying something stupid here lol.

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."

-Nikola Tesla

7 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

This would be the closest one I would be aware of..

You will not reach high levels of God realization with these kinds of practices.

@mandyjw but, I dont understand the masculine is (truth) and feminine is (untruth)? Apparently, he's not going to respond, so maybe he doesn't even know. 

Also, Hitler caused such pain and misery to the Jewish ppl and humanity, I would never speak flippantly about him for that reason alone.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

22 minutes ago, PlayTheGame said:

@Leo Gura so can we make a distinction between “awake” and “enlightenment”, where awake people realize God and enlightened people just have no more ego suffering and fear of death, say, like Eckhart Tolle. I don’t really want those highest levels of realization I just want to be like Eckhart where there is no more ego suffering and I can be super creative to reach my highest goals. 

You could make such a distinction.

But what you really want is Awakening.

Your highest goal is Awakening.

But these two are not at odds with one another. It's just a matter of depth. You can do both.

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You will not reach high levels of God realization with these kinds of practices.

I'm just not sure what you're going to find Leo...

To me God is Infinite Boundless Energy with pure potentiality... I don't sense an intelligence behind it that has a goal or purpose...

I guess you could say it's intelligence lies in the fact that it has infinite potential. Meaning and purpose don't appear to be on its radar at all.

I'm just not sure what you're trying to pin down, something that's infinite cannot be intellectually understood...

Aren't you a little concerned you're going to run your avatar into the ground trying to understand the unknowable.

I say this and simultaneously I guess you would never know until you try it for yourself ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@Leo Gura Frank Yang did breakthrough doses of 5-MeO and said he had similar experiences on Samatha/vipassana retreat. He is experienced meditator

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

What's the point of doing so much work to awaken if, other people dont do jack sh*t, die and awaken 100% at the moment of death? 

Edited by WHO IS