WHO IS

Why do spirituality teachers grow beards?

27 posts in this topic

Is that connected to the importance of looking a certain way for certain things? Also, wouldn't that mean the certain looks of certain people, limit the amount of life-paths/doors one can walk through?

The way one looks like play a great portion of what others perceive the person to be, one could even say that the certain way someone looks like, the other people expect the person to be/behave a certain way. 

Even if you are in reality 17, but you look like you are 70+, people would expect you to behave like a mature/old man because of the way you look and vice-versa. There are many examples of how the way one looks, limits ones interaction possibilities in reality, like in a multiplayer game, certain skins/costumes give certain advantages/disadvantages. 

IM NOT DISCUSSING ATTRACTION AND ETC,! IN THIS THREAD IM DISCUSSING LOOKS, IN THE WAY OF IT SHAPING YOUR CHARACTER IN THIS "MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER" GAME WE CALL LIFE. 

It arouses the hot witches. Srs. 

Personally, I grew a beard because most of my life, especially in my childhood years of being indoctrinated into hyper-fundamentalist christianity, I could not have the luxury of growing a beard even if I wanted to later my teenage years. Once I awoken and entered my early 20s, having a beard felt natural, I was told It looked really good on me, and most importantly, perhaps the thing that matters most: It requires way less maintenance of my facial hair and time spent shaving. 

Of course beards still require maintenance but I can go a few weeks in between without having to worry about touching it up. 

Edited by TrynaBeTurquoise

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

Everything is Consciousness. 

More beard = more Consciousness xD

5 minutes ago, WHO IS said:

Psst! Don't tell anyone, but it's because when spirituality level reaches a specific state, beard starts to grow on it's own.

Except for Adyashanti. And Rupert Spira. And Peter Ralston.

But those are the exceptions.

It's where they hide their psychedelics in case they get stripped searched. 

6 minutes ago, Bill W said:

It's where they hide their psychedelics in case they get stripped searched. 

Classic :)?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

For each whisker grown on a spiritual teacher, an angel gets their wings. . . 

It's really just cause they wanna be like Walter White in Breaking Bad. It's a sign of transformation you know. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Once a teacher becomes enlightened, they realize they are imaginary. To show their students how legit they are about thinking they are imaginary, They all start auditioning to be santa clause. The most imaginary/santa clause looking teacher is the one that's woke the most. 

It's not like they grow beards, the beard grows by itself they don't need to do anything.

Better question is why do you cut yours ?

Edited by wavydude

Why did you make this post? :D 

Why am I replying! :D 

It is not funny actually, very serious question. 

Edited by purerogue

There is a practical reason, which is also why many Yogis / Gurus grow their hair and in some cases their nails too. It is to do with power, as in the Samson tale. Hair and nails act like antennae, they absorb energy from the aether, the more you have, the more energy you will naturally absorb, for spiritual purposes. It is all to do with the crystalline structure of hair and nail cells.

Buddhists shave to remove all earthly attachments and physical connections and stay completely mindful on spirit. I believe at the deepest level, if you know you are god in human form, you can do absolutely anything and nothing will change your state of consciousness/awareness.

B R E A T H E

7 minutes ago, pluto said:

Buddhists shave to remove all earthly attachments and physical connections

You have me thinking. Do they manscape too?:D

10 hours ago, cetus56 said:

You have me thinking. Do they manscape too?:D

That i do not know :)

Curious, Do you find great joy in Not-Knowing?

B R E A T H E

23 minutes ago, pluto said:

That i do not know :)

Curious, Do you find great joy in Not-Knowing?

I don't know.

12 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

I don't know.

?

B R E A T H E

OMG! You guys are cracking me up!!!xD 

I had a long, hard day...needed a laugh ❤

ab411787abb5606743f9b3c5881237aa.jpg

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

"A man without a beard and moustache is like a woman with a moustache and beard"

- OSHO

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi