7thLetter

Should Actualized.org be focused on helping those lower on the Spiral?

Should Actualized.org focus on helping those lower on the Spiral?   49 members have voted

1. 1. Should Leo take step back for a second and create videos on more practical topics?

• Yes, I agree
    • No I disagree, keep the content as advanced as possible

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 posts in this topic

I was listening to Leo's video on Conscious Politics Part 3, and he brought up a good point on the fact that those who are lower on the Spiral, won't care about these deeper topics like universal love, if its a starving homeless man on the streets for example. He mentions that those who haven't met their basic needs yet, won't be focused on Self-Actualization as much. So that made me think, IF the Actualized.org community's biggest obstacle is money or reaching financial independence, should Actualized.org focus more on helping those who need to overcome this obstacle so we can focus on actually doing the work? I certainly don't know where everyone is at on the Spiral or where they're at financially, but I'm just making a suggestion. I know personally I'm not where I want to be in terms of my finances yet, so that somewhat holds me back from doing most of the work.

It's great to see the direction the videos have gone so far, and I'm sure there's a huge list of advanced topics that Leo needs to cover. But what about the more practical and basic topics such as achieving financial independence or potentially a Money Psychology part 2? Will we never see those on the channel again?

It definitely seems to me that with the current direction the videos are going right now, those who have stuck around for a while will understand the new content and grow with Leo, but new viewers will come in, see the advanced content and leave. Unless those new viewers come in, and binge watch the videos for mental masturbation.

I shall add a poll to this thread, Agree or Disagree.

Edited by 7thLetter

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

I wish there were two Leo's. His recent video's do nothing for me, so every now and then I go for a rummage around in his older self-help video's.

In my fantasy land, all of Leo's video's would be 5-30 minutes long as well, but I accept I'm in the minority on that one. And I have watched entire 90 minute and 120+ minute video's of Leo's and other teachers.

I've yet to encounter a 60 minute plus video that offers any additional benefit once it passes the 30 minute mark.

I'm staying off topic a bit with the above. 

Yes, I'm sure if he made the videos shorter he would be able to share more of the stuff that he wants to share. And his audience would be happier, because he's getting down to the most important stuff. I actually prefer reading his forum posts, as they're much more concise. I feel like I get an "aha"-moment nearly every time I read his posts. But when I'm watching his videos it happens maybe twice or thrice each vid. Because there's so much redundant information and I already got his point long time ago. But at the same time, it forces me to step back and digest more deeply, which definitely has its benefits too.

I do, however, want his videos to be as advanced as absolutely possible. His depth and vast worldview is his greatest asset, and I don't want to put any restrictions on him sharing that with us. If you need more basic self-help go watch Tony Robbins or something.

To sum it all up, I would like to see more originality and creativity in his videos, but I don't want them to be less advanced.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

48 minutes ago, Bill W said:

In my fantasy land, all of Leo's video's would be 5-30 minutes long as well,

Personally I would love if Leo made a dozen of 5-30 min videos on different principles and subjects but I also feel like that would just increase the workload for him, and he is already doing gods work for free (Aside his patreon)

"If I am to speak for ten minutes, I need a week for preparation. If fifteen minutes, three days. If half an hour, two days. If an hour, Im ready now" -Woodrow Wilson

Honestly, 60-120 minutes a week isnt much to invest in the wisdom he gives for free

7 minutes ago, Hansu said:

Honestly, 60-120 minutes a week isnt much to invest in the wisdom he gives for free

Good point

We will still be covering practical topics in the future. A lot of topics remain related to emotional mastery and those will all be practical.

Stuff on business and success too. Relationships too. Etc.

I just have a big backlog of metaphysical and spiritual topics which I've been executing. It won't always be like that. I'm not going to keep rehashing old topics. There's always new stuff to talk about with at least 200 new topics planned.

There will also be a new paid course, which will be the most practical of all. ETA for that is sometime within the next 5 months.

So much work, so little time.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

53 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There will also be a new paid course, which will be the most practical of all.

I'm considering purchasing the LP course, but I'm wondering if I maybe should wait for your next course instead in case it's more "up-to-date" and relevant to my life. So I wondered if you could you give a small hint of what the next course would be about? "How to get enlightened" or something?

59 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

We're cheering on you! :D

@Leo Gura I hope that course is the re-wiring of the subconscious mind one you've talked about in the past.

Thats something we all need help with!

4 hours ago, 7thLetter said:

I was listening to Leo's video on Conscious Politics Part 3, and he brought up a good point on the fact that those who are lower on the Spiral, won't care about these deeper topics like universal love, if its a starving homeless man on the streets for example. He mentions that those who haven't met their basic needs yet, won't be focused on Self-Actualization as much. So that made me think, IF the Actualized.org community's biggest obstacle is money or reaching financial independence, should Actualized.org focus more on helping those who need to overcome this obstacle so we can focus on actually doing the work? I certainly don't know where everyone is at on the Spiral or where they're at financially, but I'm just making a suggestion. I know personally I'm not where I want to be in terms of my finances yet, so that somewhat holds me back from doing most of the work.

It's great to see the direction the videos have gone so far, and I'm sure there's a huge list of advanced topics that Leo needs to cover. But what about the more practical and basic topics such as achieving financial independence or potentially a Money Psychology part 2? Will we never see those on the channel again?

It definitely seems to me that with the current direction the videos are going right now, those who have stuck around for a while will understand the new content and grow with Leo, but new viewers will come in, see the advanced content and leave. Unless those new viewers come in, and binge watch the videos for mental masturbation.

I shall add a poll to this thread, Agree or Disagree.

@7thLetter If you try to cater to everybody, it will be useful to nobody.

I'm here due to the videos being as, in depth as they are. There are plenty of shorts videos on  Youtube but there are few if none single topic videos that stay on point for that amount of time. It is a bit of a nisch, Leo nisch. Letting go of that would be loosing edge. 

Besides, the videos have a chronological order that does serve a purpose. Start from the beginning and hang on towards the end. As you evolve as does the video Content as well as the appreciation of the length.

With that said, maybe the odd promotional video spots that only serve purpose to direct new viewers back to past topics would be good, so that old content don't stay old. 

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There will also be a new paid course, which will be the most practical of all. ETA for that is sometime within the next 5 months.

There needs to be a siddhi for time traveling to the future to do Leo’s courses before they get released. 

11 hours ago, Commodent said:

I'm considering purchasing the LP course, but I'm wondering if I maybe should wait for your next course instead in case it's more "up-to-date" and relevant to my life. So I wondered if you could you give a small hint of what the next course would be about? "How to get enlightened" or something?

I'm not revealing yet what the new course will be about.

But it will be a course that is useful to 100% of people and my viewers, regardless of where you are on your path. It doesn't matter whether you're into spirituality or not at all, this course will be hella useful to you. It doesn't matter whether you've watched a single Actualized video before, or if you've watched them all. But if you've watched them all, this course will help you to implement it.

It will not be about enlightenment or metaphysical topics.

It will not be redundant to the LP course. Both courses will be useful on their own, and also synergize together.

The new course is not "more up-to-date" because it simply covers different/new material. And the material covered in the LP course is timeless. It will still be useful 50 years from now.

If you're following my free videos, you should also supplement them with more practical, less metaphysical teachings from other sources. Actualized's focus is big picture understanding of life, not so much about making you successful. There are tons of sources available for nitty-gritty success techniques and tips. I offer a bit of that, but it's not our main focus here because that ground has already been well-covered by others and because we seek a deeper level of development than success tips can offer.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

But it will be a course that is useful to 100% of people and my viewers, regardless of where you are on your path. It doesn't matter whether you're into spirituality or not at all, this course will be hella useful to you. It doesn't matter whether you've watched a single Actualized video before, or if you've watched them all. But if you've watched them all, this course will help you to implement it.

It's inspiring to see you ramp up quantity and quality of your art simultaneously.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I'm not revealing yet what the new course will be about.

It will not be about enlightenment or metaphysical topics.

It will not be redundant to the LP course. Both courses will be useful on their own, and also synergize together.

The new course is not "more up-to-date" because it simply covers different/new material. And the material covered in the LP course is timeless. It will still be useful 50 years from now.

If you're following my free videos, you should also supplement them with more practical, less metaphysical teachings from other sources. Actualized's focus is big picture understanding of life, not so much about making you successful. There are tons of sources available for nitty-gritty success techniques and tips. I offer a bit of that, but it's not our main focus here because that ground has already been well-covered by others and because we seek a deeper level of development than success tips can offer.

Finally a good course on psychedelics ! :D:P 

Remember, things go full circle, meaning he will probably return to the how to make your girl squirt topic, only from a more advanced non-dual perspective. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry