Paul92

Where do I start?

173 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Saying "don't be a smartass to me" is weak, sorry. 

That's kind of true. Like, it's not enough to be right, you also have to be polite. Not because it will make them sad, but for a reason that they won't listen. :)

Communication is a tricky business.

@Nahm  Thank you for that. I really appreciate it. I can't carry on like this, so I have to do something. I'd really appreciate a conversation over PM or something, please.

I don't want to be smart or impressive. I do want to be happy of course.

As for the relationship, I can promise you I never saw it as my way of being happy. I would never tell anyone that their entire happiness should rest on a relationship with another. I enjoyed it though. It was good to see another human being happy, too. So I would do things to make her happy. She's suffered herself and is a nervous wreck at times. So I wanted to help her. Even after we have broken things off, I do not bare any bad feelings towards her at all. I wouldn't want a hair on her head harmed. I just miss her that's all. Permission to be human, please?

18 minutes ago, David Hammond said:

It did. 10 years of all that rafting when all that was really required was to stop putting attention on thought and see what remained. 

That's all it takes. 

i hear ya, this was my most luckiest breakthrough, if i never did this by luck, i would still be stuck in a circle, and it probably would have taken me 10 years, the weirdest thing was, it was only because i got a headache, that i even discovered the silence in no thought and consciousness. 

2 hours ago, FoxFoxFox said:

Specially since the pursuit of enlightenment (if done improperly) can lead to depression. All it takes is for a person to mistakingly identify with nothingness instead of getting rid of identification altogether. That is the recipe for depression, nihilism, and potentially suicide. 

Hello,

My question is regarding the bolded sentence. I'm not a buddhist. I use the term awareness vs. using the term nothingness, but do you mind eleborating on what you mean by "getting rid of identification altogether"? 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

11 hours ago, kieranperez said:

@mandyjw god your full of shit and all talk

This is overly harsh.  This is the kind of thing that I don't like to see on here.  We need to keep this place welcoming and fair to all perspectives.  That should be the role of the moderators on here to uphold that virtue.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

11 hours ago, Paul92 said:

@FoxFoxFox Well it's clearly a fabrication of the mind. But how can any living creature not have a sense of self?

Shouldn't we just take control our narrative?

@Paul92

What is the mind? Inquire into that as well. Does it actually exist? The real 'I' is already fully in control of the narrative. But it is not the 'I' who you think you are. 

9 hours ago, Anna1 said:

Hello,

My question is regarding the bolded sentence. I'm not a buddhist. I use the term awareness vs. using the term nothingness, but do you mind eleborating on what you mean by "getting rid of identification altogether"? 

@Anna1

It means the "I thought" never arising in the mind ever again. It will temporarily happen when you do any (real) meditation correctly. Once it becomes permanent that is liberation. I recommend proper Self-inquiry as well as Kundalini Yoga. 

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

This is overly harsh.  This is the kind of thing that I don't like to see on here.  We need to keep this place welcoming and fair to all perspectives.  That should be the role of the moderators on here to uphold that virtue.

@Joseph Maynor That's between the mods and the member - not you.

BTW-that happened some 12 hours ago and your just noticing it now? Good grief man.

15 hours ago, kieranperez said:

There’s nothing weak about calling someone out for their behavior. 

Belittle the behavior. Not the person. 

Except Leo is supposed to be the exemple and lead his community.

What is he doing instead ?

Being a condescendant Zen devil who says shit like that.

The more he woke, the more of an asshole prick he becomes.

This needs to adressed, because that's the root cause of this kind of behaviors.

Only him can do it though, but at that point I'm wondering if he is even conscious of this, his last posts make me doubt that A LOT.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Everyone here is meant to be enlightened, yet you're all still refering to your own opinions and yourselves as 'I'. I don't get it.

Can we ever know the truth?

I don't know if I want this experience if we are not individuals. But I am so tired of feeling like this.

@kieranperez Was completely right and on point in his comment. It felt like a knife to my heart and I needed it. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

On 4/2/2019 at 6:56 AM, Leo Gura said:

Don't be a smartass with me.

This was so right and so perfect too. 

Reconcile right and wrong within yourself. Don't ask others to do it, they can't do it for you. They are you. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Also, if there is no duality, then me as a self and as God, must be one? So the ego must be real... I am God being me?

@Paul92 Exactly! You are not Paul experiencing God. You are God experiencing Paul.:)

@Paul92 Sending you some positive energy now. I’ve appreciated your thoughts and hope your day goes well. 

8 hours ago, FoxFoxFox said:

It means the "I thought" never arising in the mind ever again. It will temporarily happen when you do any (real) meditation correctly. Once it becomes permanent that is liberation. I recommend proper Self-inquiry as well as Kundalini Yoga. 

Ok, well, I disagree, because the "I" thought was never real to begin with, so why would it just vanish. It does serve a function for the body/mind"s survival, but the selfish/greedy aspect is no longer needed.

Imo, it's just seen for what it is, which is unreal. But, the ego ("I" thought) is an "aspect" of the intellect, it's the intellect that discriminates the mind/body from awareness/consciousness.

So, ultimately it's the intellect, hence the ego, that realizes "I AM awareness, not the body/mind". Therefore, there is a "shift" in identification. One knows they are awareness, having a human experience.

Just my 2 cents.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

6 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

Ok, well, I disagree, because the "I" thought was never real to begin with, so why would it just vanish. It does serve a function for the body/mind"s survival, but the selfish/greedy aspect is no longer needed.

Imo, it's just seen for what it is, which is unreal. But, the ego ("I" thought) is an "aspect" of the intellect, it's the intellect that discriminates the mind/body from awareness/consciousness.

So, ultimately it's the intellect, hence the ego, that realizes "I AM awareness, not the body/mind". Therefore, there is a "shift" in identification. One knows they are awareness, having a human experience.

Just my 2 cents.

Intellect mind ego are in short thoughts. So a thought cannot think. Only the awareness which is knowing can possibily think. When thoughts stop the thinking thinker illusion too has to stop. So essentially it is the awareness which is getting realized that it is not the person personality intellect mind body. Isn't it? Please clarify. 

@cetus56  I think I get it. Not 100% though. Why would God have to create me?

@Paul92 That's a good contemplation. "why is there something rather then nothing?

@cetus56  Hmm.

Guys, I don't know how much longer I can hold on. My head is so dark at the moment. I know I started taking Sertraline (Zoloft) a few days ago and every day I feel worse. My body feels so strange. I can't eat or sleep. I keep having muscle spasms and there is this real sense of darkness in my head.

I miss 'my' old life. People/friends/family all meant something to me. I thought I was real, with my own personality and values. When I loved people, I love THEM, not an all pervasive entity that is playing with itself.

I just watched an Adyashanti video and he keeps talking about 'your life'. But it isn't 'your' life is it? Your ego think it is 'your' life, but there is no you. I can never understand why teachers refer to 'you' still as you, like you're a separate entity.

@Paul92 Here's a really cool practice for you if you wanna try it. It's super simple but has great results. Spend the day being aware that everything you see, hear, touch , taste, feel is God's awareness. God is seeing through your eyes.