Neorez

Jed mckennas enlightenment

86 posts in this topic

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@Neorez I love how he likes to counter spiritual beliefs. Actually I am happier after the Enlightenmemt the damnest thing. Loved it.

Sometimes he tells a brutal Truth.

Edited by Pouya

@Amber i stumbled upon this before, what is this really about? Exposing him or what? Maybe someone is mad and spoiled at him but enlightened people aren't supposed to be a Jesus level moral ethical humans.

@Pouya He sure does and I was quiet unhappy about it. Goes to show how much I was attached to all the spiritual beliefs. I also like his way of saying that a book is never about the writer but about the reader. It never really dawned on me. I  alsofound his forum to day and saw that he posts alot on there, really interesting stuff on there. 

I feel that nihilism is a place that people land in on the way to enlightenment. The mind is losing the battle so it "gives in" slightly with the delusion of "nothing is / everything is" and the illusion of enlightenment but from the mind. That's what I feel like nihilism is. I was nihilistic for some time, but fortunatly saw it for what I felt it was. Many people unfortunatly fall for the trap and crystalize there. It's not enlightenment.

@thesmileyone Just like that :)

nihilism is an idea. Same for idealism and materialism.

Edited by Pouya

The highest realization is that you are alone as God.  You are Jed.  You are the other 50.  It's just you.  You are the only one who can discover yourself.

Other perspectives - while concept to you - are still you though you can only conceive them as concepts as your limited small self. 

Even beyond that they are you.

That should be prefaced by you as God before diving into duality and discussing your divisions.

"So any teacher who doesn't clarify this first does not know they are God."

That's said in quotes because its dualistic.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Never trust a Jed    ;) 

Edited by Jed Vassallo

@Mikael89 if that's the case that's "his" stance not mine.   I don't believe life has no meaning.

And i am not saying its Solipsism of the small self either.  You are finite so you are being other perspectives right now and do not have access (it's concept to you only because all you have is your own direct experience so they are not real to you unless you imagine them) but the paradox is that those other perspectives are still happening without the small you but are still the Big you.  

The fact that other perspectives are only in your imagination as your limited self is a sliver of what it feels like from God's perspective.  

Its a layer of imagination within a higher layer.

And It's a clue that it's One.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

On 3/21/2019 at 10:13 AM, FoxFoxFox said:

@Neorez There's another mystic called McKenna? Is he related to Terrence? 

He is not related to Terrence McKenna. Jed McKenna is just a name he created to write the books, but he doesn't want anyone to know who he really is. There's a lot of speculation about who is Jed McKenna but no one knows with certainty.

Terrence McKenna is a Psychonaut, he seeks for enlightenment or truth with psychedelic plants.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terence_McKenna

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

21 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

In my opinion the problem with Jed is that he contradicts himself so hard.

This happens to all teachers, I am not sure if it was Ramana or Nissagardatta, they say that if you find any contradiction the problem is in the words he uses (or language limitations), not in the teaching. We always contradict ourselves when we try to explain "reality" or "being-ness"...

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

@Neorez It's a dream and the dream is all you got. The matrix is the ultimate miracle. You are the ultimate miracle.

unborn Truth

@abrakamowse exactly.  It cannot be escaped due to the paradoxical nature of reality and the limitations of language.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

@abrakamowse exactly.  It cannot be escaped due to the paradoxical nature of reality and the limitations of language.

Exactly

1 hour ago, Mikael89 said:

I know. But this seems much worse than usual.

That's possible too.

^_^

Jed's cool. He's well aware many people just adopt a spiritual persona and aren't really interested in Truth. So,he does away with all the crap that usually draws those people. Certainly nothing wrong with true, divine Love,Bliss,Peace etc., but acting or faking a delusional,egoic, bastardized version of the true, for the sake of indulging in a bullshit personal identity is nothing short of  cringgusting..    
(cringy+disgusting) .O.o

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard

@Guru Fat Bastard That makes sense! For me it was difficult to differentiate between what Jed was saying and other teachers. Jed's way seems so simplistic. On the other hand you've got guru's like Sadhguru and the entire yogic culture. Is everthing the yogis say just another concept or is there more to it? Probably so but Jed seems to dismiss all of it?

1 hour ago, Neorez said:

@Guru Fat Bastard That makes sense! For me it was difficult to differentiate between what Jed was saying and other teachers. Jed's way seems so simplistic. On the other hand you've got guru's like Sadhguru and the entire yogic culture. Is everthing the yogis say just another concept or is there more to it? Probably so but Jed seems to dismiss all of it?

They all have their way of getting to the goal, which is the way they got to it themselves. This will naturally lead to having differing opinions on the best way to reach that goal. But regardless of the differing opinions,the goal always remains the same. A jnani yogi will say his way is the best,a kriya yogi will say his is the best, a Buddhist will say his way is the way. A true seeker will be open to all ways if he's serious. It's Truth at all costs,whatever it takes. 
The best "practice" is to separate the bullshit from what works,and use what works. Everybody's headed for the grave and time doesn't give a rats ass about one's little existential search for truth,lol. So if realizing Truth is on the "bucket list", better get on that shit before it's too late.

If you want some more anti-guru, anti-sprituality enlightenment check out UG Krishnamurti. His rants can get pretty brutal,and funny,but when he get's down to brass tax about the truth of the non-dual reality he's got some wisdom to share.

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard