Neorez

Jed mckennas enlightenment

86 posts in this topic

So Jed had something to teach you. What do the other 7.53 billion people who are also manifestations of God have to teach you? You found just one aspect of the truth. One facet to the diamond. 

Why are you so drawn to the depressing, dark aspects? What is there in you that seeks out these teachings? Your experience of the truth can be whatever you want it to be. You're creating it. If it's not what you want that's on you to change it. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw If you're creating it, it can't be THE THRUTH?  If it's not what you want it to be and you want to change it you're again deluding yourself in molding reality to somehting you want. How is this different than what everybody is doing conscious or unconscious?

@Neorez Because you can only create your reality when you are conscious of the fact that it's not really real. When you think it's real you can't create it. 

There is no truth. That's the ultimate truth. 

Just focus on what you want. 

Reality is love and light and beauty if you focus on those things and manifest them. Or it's dark and nothing and meaningless if you focus on that, you'll manifest more of that.

Your focus is all that there is. 

You keep wanting someone to tell you what life is really like, what truth is really like. You've disregarded the world of form as the truth, you've recognized that's not it. But you're still looking to teachers to paint you a new conceptualization of what it's REALLY like.

There's no truth. There's no ground for you to stand on.

There's no such thing. Just you and this moment. Feel whatever you want to feel. '

I choose love, beauty and light. You can choose whatever you want. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

10 minutes ago, Neorez said:

@Preetom Does this come down to knowing without knowing? Don't know how else to say it.

Actually all of this is very simple and raw, yet it's the toughest thing you will ever accept as a fact..the ONLY fact there really is. I don't get all the cryptic stuff in spirituality, it could be said much more clearly. Basically it boils down to this (you can test it right here right now).

Notice that you are aware or present. Now look at all the thoughts, beliefs, sensations, perceptions you have right now. Do you see that only YOU (whatever that is) possess self-awareness? Do you see that only that 'self-knowledge' is direct and certain. The rest aka thoughts, beliefs, people, situation, body, world etc a mere imagination and indirect knowledge open to any alternate interpretation.

Get this one more time. Only YOU are aware. No thought, people, body, world is directly aware. 

I am aware of everything. But no thing is aware of I.

Every ounce of dilemma in our life is due to completely ignoring this basic (and ONLY) fact of Reality and instead taking all other unreal knowledge(thought, beliefs, interpretations, meaning etc) as real and true.

If you can see the truth then congratulations, now good luck accepting it 100% in all it's ramifications. Do you see that every thought is bullshit? Do you see that every meaning is self-delusion, only possible to perpetuate as long as you are blind. Do you see that there is no world and no other people? Do you see that you don't and never existed as a located limited entity? Good luck stomaching all that.

Right now, the bugs about 'other people' is killing me :) 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@FoxFoxFox I don't think so. Some think it's adyashanti, but his style is too different. I haven't been able to find who it is. Guess it also doens't matter who he is or she who knows.  

@Neorez Huh. I'll look into it, thanks.

Btw regarding nihilism. Nihilism is when you make detachment into a philosophy as far as I see it. It serves no purpose and depresses you needlessly. The actual experience of the Self is peace and then bliss. You can think of it this way: God has literally designed your body to be naturally be able to uphold a tremendous amount of endless happiness. Then why believe that the world is depressing? 

As someone who has experienced depression himself by believing in nihilism, i can only recommend you to do more self-inquiry and work that reveals your God nature. Once you get a taste of bliss, there is no way you could even begin to believe in nihilism. 

9 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@Neorez Huh. I'll look into it, thanks.

Btw regarding nihilism. Nihilism is when you make detachment into a philosophy as far as I see it. It serves no purpose and depresses you needlessly. The actual experience of the Self is peace and then bliss. You can think of it this way: God has literally designed your body to be naturally be able to uphold a tremendous amount of endless happiness. Then why believe that the world is depressing? 

As someone who has experienced depression himself by believing in nihilism, i can only recommend you to do more self-inquiry and work that reveals your God nature. Once you get a taste of bliss, there is no way you could even begin to believe in nihilism. 

It is capable of experiencing godly level of pain and suffering as well. I guess it's a double edge sword.

There is enlightenment as the greatest prize. There is also lots of ways in which one can fuck up real bad in life.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom Very true. And nihilism is one way you can fuck up your experience, as you say. Got to say that bliss is highly addictive. You don' want to go back from it.

@FoxFoxFox i don't believe the world is depressing but I do start to see that it is purposeless. So how do I decide what to do? I just don't believe in arranging the world in a way that is all up and no down like alan watts explains it. To say it is one thing or to only wanting to see one thing in exclusion of the opposite is just plain stupid. Not that i'm any good at it but i'm starting to see it more and more. 

8 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@Preetom Very true. And nihilism is one way you can fuck up your experience, as you say. Got to say that bliss is highly addictive. You don' want to go back from it.

Nihilism is just another trick of the mind. Another belief system to not accept the Truth as it is.

7 minutes ago, Neorez said:

@FoxFoxFox i don't believe the world is depressing but I do start to see that it is purposeless. So how do I decide what to do? I just don't believe in arranging the world in a way that is all up and no down like alan watts explains it. To say it is one thing or to only wanting to see one thing in exclusion of the opposite is just plain stupid. Not that i'm any good at it but i'm starting to see it more and more. 

The only way this hideous cancer can end is through the discovery that there is no such world and no such person to choose how to act in that world. Nothing else will resolve this dilemma once and for all

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Neorez Firstly, it is not purposeless, though I understand from your current perspective it absolutely looks that way. To see that life is not purposeless for yourself, you must operate at other dimensions of consciousness. The mind will not be able to tell you what the purpose of life is, because that is not its purpose. It is simply the wrong tool for the job. 

As for how to decide what you should do. You are ultimately 100% in control of your destiny. The universe is at your beck and call. Once enough clarity has been attained, you will see how the universe responds immediately as to satisfy your intentions. In other words, you have total freedom of choice. Ultimately, you have to decide what to do with this power. Of course, since your being is possibly fragmented at the moment, you will not be able to realize your power. 

There are numerous spiritual practices that ultimate grant you that perspective shift. Pick one that resonates with you and stick with it. Be sincere about it. Be honest about what you want. Have integrity and a sense of responsibility. Have faith that your nature is divine. Reduce resistance. Love more. Surrender. All these will increase your vibrations and you suddenly begin to operate at other dimensions of your own being. 

8 minutes ago, Neorez said:

i don't believe the world is depressing but I do start to see that it is purposeless. So how do I decide what to do?

can't you see that now you're actually free to do whatever?

the human creature is very funny. if we told what to do... if a purpose for our lives is imposed by an external authority... we will fight against it!

but when we realize that there is no fundamental purpose and we're free to do whatever, we struggle too!

the only way out is to embrace complete freedom.

unborn Truth

@FoxFoxFox

You misunderstand what I mean with purposelessness. I'm mean hat there is no goal to life, that life as it is is the goal. Like dancing or music, the purpose is playing the music and doing the dance not the end of it. Yet i'm not feeling it to be this way and trying to force it will only push me away from where I want to go.

@ajasatya I do see. But I do not feel it yet to be this way. It is funny yes. But I haven't dealt with the facts that there is nowhere to stand. The realisation of my freedom will come but it is not yet in my experience.

2 minutes ago, Neorez said:

But I haven't dealt with the facts that there is nowhere to stand.

there is always a place to stand: exactly where you're standing now.

unborn Truth

@ajasatya I don't want to misunderstand you, Could you elaborate on that?  

6 hours ago, Neorez said:

I just finished reading the first two books of jed mckenna and I'm not really sure what to think about it. Its such a big contrast between him and lets say a sadhguru or a mooji or something

Sadhguru and Mooji are both what I call "feel good" teachers that give the ego something that it can resonate with.

His nihilist way just left me a but depressed, which I guess is the point of his books to get you to question everything thats a belief.

That is exactly right. 

Q; what did you get from becoming enlightened?

A: nothing at all.

Now I cant stop thinking about why to do anything, why do yoga, why go after enlightenment or do meditation, 

If you feel that way about this then it shows you just how much you were doing the practices for all the wrong reasons. Hoping to find that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, so to speak.

because its all shit we do in the dream. 

This is the essential teaching here. It is the point where the trancendence of ego mind takes place. Not from the point of view of the ego looking at it as being a negitive but an actual trancendence of ego mind to the full direct realization that -this IS all just a dream.

I prefer using the phrase ego trancendence instead of ego death but this it what it should bring you to. That is what you are experiencing as a feeling of "depression". You've come to the realization that ego has no solid ground to stand on and nothing to gain out of any of this. Once that becomes fully realized then the true practice can begin in earnest and without any striving of the ego to reach it's goal. When you sit, just sit for the sake of sitting. Can you find the true beauty in just sitting for the sake of sitting. When all that remains is your humble presents.

istockphoto-477246005-612x612.jpg

13 minutes ago, Neorez said:

@ajasatya I don't want to misunderstand you, Could you elaborate on that?  

you are dealing with an undisciplined and anxious mind. this is the problem of rushing on this work, consuming advanced material without mastering the practices. i know this because you're still blind to the raw experience of the now.

there has been some tweak in your experience on the level of the intellect, only. Truth cannot be appreciated by agitated minds and that's why you're suffering right now. you haven't integrated your insights yet.

the antidote is more practice. dogen zenji used to say that enlightenment and practice are one. such wise words.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

34 minutes ago, Neorez said:

@FoxFoxFox

You misunderstand what I mean with purposelessness. I'm mean hat there is no goal to life, that life as it is is the goal. Like dancing or music, the purpose is playing the music and doing the dance not the end of it. Yet i'm not feeling it to be this way and trying to force it will only push me away from where I want to go.

No i understood you. I'm saying this notion is incorrect. It is not that life is purposeless. It is just that you are not privy to it in your current outlook. Crudely put into words, God's purpose is evolution, expansion, creation, and integration. God's purpose is to know itself. To say that the purpose of dancing is dancing itself, is a meaningless statement. The purpose of the dance is for God to express its creative power and to experience it personally. However, like i said, this is a very crude way of explaining it. It is not entirely correct. 

You say you don't feel it to be this way, because it is not!

Ultimately, go where you want to. That is what God wants. 

Edited by FoxFoxFox