Neorez

Jed mckennas enlightenment

86 posts in this topic

@Guru Fat Bastard Yes Jed could all most be ug krishnamurti. They are so similar in how they go about enlightenment. I'm also still trying to figure out what he means with a shuman adulthood? He talks about it a lot in his last book but he doesn't really say what the difference is or how to get there accept from getting really familiar with death. Do you have any idea?

Edited by Neorez

@Neorez human adulthood is the state of life upon which a human being ascends if no spiritual-psychological barriers prevent his/her evolution. It doesn't not require truth knowing and jed proposes that is what you and everyone really want. It is characterised by wisdom and understanding of the way universe-human duality works,a flow of experience, full synchronicity etc. 

It is a state which in my case was achieved on each own. 

14 hours ago, Neorez said:

Jed's way seems so simplistic. On the other hand you've got guru's like Sadhguru and the entire yogic culture. Is everthing the yogis say just another concept or is there more to it? Probably so but Jed seems to dismiss all of it?

Yeah he dismisses it,but if he hadn't spent a significant amount of his own time (years), exploring at least a few of those systems,he would not have the depth of knowledge,nor the personal experience with which he uses to dismiss them. This is the funny thing about the anti-spiritual,anti-practice non-guru, guru's. They all did their time on the spiritual path. They were all seeker's themselves at one time, just as much as the next guy, and also did all the things seekers do. Find a teacher (if possible, but also not necessary),do the work or practices,read or listen to the wisdom of those who know and have attained the Truth (then contemplate what was said to gain clarity), and be unerringly devoted to finding the Truth for oneself. Out of all these, doing the work, and, being unerringly devoted to finding the Truth for one's self , are the  most important. No one, and that only means absolutely no one,  can give it to you.

At a certain point along the path,Jed no doubt got fed up with all the ritualistic,unnecessary dogma surrounding the spiritual path, and decided to make his own way. His "way" ,spiritual autolysis and being the witnessing, is nothing but self inquiry and, well, witnessing (separately observing ones own thoughts and actions), Both of which are ancient,time tested spirituality based methods or practices. Using these, he discovered the Truth and thats's what he suggests others do. Which is what I stated above.That whatever got them to the Truth, or rather, what seemingly  got them to the Truth, is what they will teach or suggest others to do.

To understand what is meant by seemingly,you'll have to discover the Truth for yourself. What is not obvious now,is absolutely obvious in the end.

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard

His psycadelic use was of no use. He wasn't conscious of the obvious fact that he is God, be it sober or not. 

1 minute ago, Conrad said:

His psycadelic use was of no use. He wasn't conscious of the obvious fact that he is God, be it sober or not. 

But meeting elves is fun due. 

30 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

haven't heard him mention anything about witnessing. I've only read "The damnedest thing" though.

"The third thing about witnessing, the most important part and the thing that most people don't seem to understand. is that you have to take it further than just one step back. You have to keep going with it. Its not a passive thing. like you just sit back and observe. You don't just observe your character, you deconstruct it. You have to be aggressive about it. This is a way or simulating the enlightened perspective, which would be useful to anyone who wants to wake themselves up from the dreamstate instead of just in it.”
― Jed McKenna, Spiritual Warfare

I can't say I'm wholly familiar with autolosys other than it being a process of challenging what  "I" believe to be true". And you are right about it not being what is commonly referred to as self inquiry. I stated it as "self inquiry" in the sense of it being a process of "self investigation",so thanks for helping me clarify that.