winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

On 21/12/2018 at 2:14 PM, winterknight said:

You're very welcome.

Yes, SoonHei says it correctly: the aim of meditation is to discover that as your constant nature.  That is the meaning of enlightenment. Meditation is not something separate from that.

You can have quiet-mind states through music & art, but because they will not last past the time you see that song or painting.

Educate yourself about the path & practice self-inquiry and you will understand what meditation actually means.

Thank you! Leo just released a video about self-inquiry.

@winterknight In your understanding, are the terms "God" , "awareness", and "consciousness" synonymous or do you have a different understanding of the first one? 

Edited by FoxFoxFox

@winterknight are you, as an enlightened / awake consiousness aware of the various facets of Reality?

Like infinite intelligence

Infinite love

Infinite dimensions

Infinite facets of Reality?

Are all fully enlightened consiousnesses aware of the same facets of Reality? Or it can vary depending on their body/mind's experiences and understanding along their respective path?

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@SoonHei I know i'm not winterknight, but, i can tell you that "infinite love" is becoming very palpable to me. It's a basic recognition of the Self as the ultimate reality and it helps the individual to be able to see past surface differences, which really crushes all the reasons for hatred. 

27 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

@winterknight are you, as an enlightened / awake consiousness aware of the various facets of Reality?

Like infinite intelligence

Infinite love

Infinite dimensions

Infinite facets of Reality?

Are all fully enlightened consiousnesses aware of the same facets of Reality? Or it can vary depending on their body/mind's experiences and understanding along their respective path?

The idea of 'facets' of reality is just a conception of the mind. Enlightenment means awareness of the Self, which is perfectly simple and complete, and is beyond the idea of facets and beyond the idea of infinity.

Keep it simple. All these complicated expectations are a distraction.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@SoonHei

It's so easy to fantasize about 'Infinity'. Have a look at it this way.

With the word 'Infinity', the mind immediately conjures up the idea of something extended forever infinitely. But thats not really infinite.

If you say infinite love, then that automatically conjures up it's counter part infinite hatred.

True 'Infinity' means not having ANY objective quality whatsoever aka Absolute NO-THINGNESS. It is this no-thingness that enables the Self to appear as any shape or form and YET not become exclusively that form once and for all.

If you think about an infinite red carpet, that is inherently limiting because that carpet can't be blue anymore. The truly 'infinite' carpet would be colorless and without objective qualities aka no-thing aka the Self! xD

Do you see how that truly infinite 'no-thing' can't have any part or facet..? 

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@winterknight I feel it is difficult to surrender during practice. I feel like I'm in meditative state and I just need to surrender. Any tool or advice how to drop it?

I think it is related to the fear of unknown/death.

Edited by archi

3 hours ago, archi said:

@winterknight I feel it is difficult to surrender during practice. I feel like I'm in meditative state and I just need to surrender. Any tool or advice how to drop it?

I think it is related to the fear of unknown/death.

Inquire into who it is that is trying to surrender, and who it is that’s afraid. 

Be gentle.

The other possibility is to go into your fear and really engage with and listen to it. What precisely are you afraid of and how does it make you feel? Feel that fear. 

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight

As you've read drik drishya viveka yourself, I would like to hear your thoughts on the 6 vedantic meditations mentioned at the last part of the text.

Everytime I've tried them, it feels like self-inquiry. Feeling the I AM and discriminating everything the I AM is not along the way...

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

7 hours ago, Preetom said:

@winterknight

As you've read drik drishya viveka yourself, I would like to hear your thoughts on the 6 vedantic meditations mentioned at the last part of the text.

Everytime I've tried them, it feels like self-inquiry. Feeling the I AM and discriminating everything the I AM is not along the way...

Yes, that’s certainly one way of looking at these. The other way is that these are specific other practices, often with a focus on rehearsing certain ideas and “knowledge” — thus varieties of jnana yoga. 

So for example you might say you have, in these six meditations: a) mindfulness of inner thoughts and feelings (just watching them nonjudgmentally), b) focusing on THOUGHTS like “I am that” and “I am  c) the effortless perfection of a and b, d) watching the objects of the senses while consciously trying to disregard the name and specific form (trying  to orient toward the “substance”), e) focusing on the thoughts relating the essence of those phenomena with Reality/Self, and f) the effortless perfection of d and e.

Edited by winterknight

What's your take on Drunvalo Melchizdek, and his talks about living in the heart, and how one is able to directly manipulate reality (eg. gravitational waves) through the realisation that everything is interconnected "all is one", and reality is one conscious, intelligent mind?
Additionnally, that one is able to communicate with other beings through the heart.
Bearing in mind that information between subatomic particles travels 100.000 faster than the speed of light: https://www.nature.com/news/2008/080813/full/news.2008.1038.html?s=news_rss 
Im letting my mind run wild:
If all of reality is interconnected and all is one, is there really anything that confines the ability to manipulate reality at all levels? Mentally we know it is possible, but what about physically manipulating. Eg. accessing "other dimensions" gaining the ability to pass information to others, as subatomic particles (/ Ourself) are able to do it? The posibilities of future technology post-enligthenment are literally endless. This is the ideal utopia of a more advanced alien-civilisation, who doesnt need to travel, if they are able to acces deeper dimensions (think about the movie "Interstellar")

Here he speaks about gravity:

What is your stance? IS this/he bs, or is there something to it? 

2 hours ago, Avidya said:

What's your take on Drunvalo Melchizdek, and his talks about living in the heart, and how one is able to directly manipulate reality (eg. gravitational waves) through the realisation that everything is interconnected "all is one", and reality is one conscious, intelligent mind?
Additionnally, that one is able to communicate with other beings through the heart.
Bearing in mind that information between subatomic particles travels 100.000 faster than the speed of light: https://www.nature.com/news/2008/080813/full/news.2008.1038.html?s=news_rss 
If all of reality is interconnected and all is one, is there really anything that confines the ability to manipulate reality at all levels? Mentally we know it is possible, but what about physically manipulating. Eg. accessing "other dimensions" gaining the ability to pass information to others, as subatomic particles (/ Ourself) are able to do it? The posibilities of future technology post-enligthenment are literally endless. This is the ideal utopia of a more advanced alien-civilisation, who doesnt need to travel, if they are able to acces deeper dimensions (think about the movie "Interstellar")

I don’t know about him particularly, but special powers, other dimensions, etc have nothing to do with the simplicity of the Self.

@winterknight
After self-inquiring for several minutes sometimes it feels that the whole panorama of experience (thoughts+sensation+visual+auditory) is being 'awared of' simultaneously and there is no localized 'I' anywhere. Though 'I' pops up here and there, it  is seen through immediately with the 'rule' of the self inquiry. There is a feeling/understanding that all of it is objective.. that is, there is nothing in it that can be called the 'I', the subject. 

Sometimes it comes with a noticeable change of consciousness (a noticeable spaciousness and centerlessness) but often no significant transformation seem to have taken place..  consciousness feels the same, albeit may be a little more 'lighter' and peaceful. There is a little bit of spaciousness may be but i am not sure. 

What to do in this state? When the spaciousness and centerlessness is not very noticeable, should I conclude that the false 'I' is still hiding somewhere as something in the present experience and is not being seen through? 

19 hours ago, Avidya said:

Beware of anyone who talks of science +spirituality =magic. In my experience, they usually don't genuinely understand either science or spirituality. 

@graded24

Just out of curiosity, would you say that this centeredless awareness resided in the mind-body? Or that the awareness was beyond mind-body. For example, the awareness was the entire room.

I’ve recently had some experiences in which awareness was outside of, yet included, the mind-body. Not quite astral projection, because the awareness wasn’t centered at a point. It was nowhere and everywhere in the room.

1 hour ago, graded24 said:

@winterknight
After self-inquiring for several minutes sometimes it feels that the whole panorama of experience (thoughts+sensation+visual+auditory) is being 'awared of' simultaneously and there is no localized 'I' anywhere. Though 'I' pops up here and there, it  is seen through immediately with the 'rule' of the self inquiry. There is a feeling/understanding that all of it is objective.. that is, there is nothing in it that can be called the 'I', the subject. 

Sometimes it comes with a noticeable change of consciousness (a noticeable spaciousness and centerlessness) but often no significant transformation seem to have taken place..  consciousness feels the same, albeit may be a little more 'lighter' and peaceful. There is a little bit of spaciousness may be but i am not sure. 

What to do in this state? When the spaciousness and centerlessness is not very noticeable, should I conclude that the false 'I' is still hiding somewhere as something in the present experience and is not being seen through? 

It’s almost correct.

The false I is hiding in this — but not where you think. It hides in the form of the doubt “what to do in this state?” Inquire into who raises that doubt...

1 hour ago, Ero said:

@winterknight

How do you experience Love? Does the Absolute resonate with "Love" for you? Within maya how does it present itself? 

My latest insight made me see Love aa a construct of experience within dualistic relationships between existing elements. Meaning as my experience collapsed within Being /Oneness, what I previously Loved and accepted unconditionally became me. If an "ego" and "existence" appear, the ego loves unconditionally existence. But when I no longer experienced a duality, Love became Being. 

Do I see it like that, because I put Love in a relationship between elements? 

This all seems basically correct to me. But ultimately the goal of self-inquiry is to see the very one who raises these questions, and these questions and the way they are framed — all are in the dualistic world of concepts. 

These questions don’t occur to Beingness.

4 hours ago, winterknight said:

It’s almost correct.

The false I is hiding in this — but not where you think. It hides in the form of the doubt “what to do in this state?” Inquire into who raises that doubt...

This all seems basically correct to me. But ultimately the goal of self-inquiry is to see the very one who raises these questions, and these questions and the way they are framed — all are in the dualistic world of concepts. 

These questions don’t occur to Beingness.

Thanks. Thats make sense. 

What is the state of 'flow' in relation to all this? When i play a computer game and am totally engrossed in it.. i only have thoughts relating to the game. I seem to totally forget not only the surrounding but also the 'me' . I am not sure what the i-thought is in that situation. It seems like there is no I-thought there. BUt then how is it different from the no-self we are trying to get at in spirituality? ( I am making things simplistic, but you know what i am asking about ..)

Sometimes i feel good after such a flow state (like with work) but sometimes i also feel worse afterward (like with computer games). So I dont how they fit in with the picture. 

Edited by graded24

30 minutes ago, graded24 said:

Thanks. Thats make sense. 

What is the state of 'flow' in relation to all this? When i play a computer game and am totally engrossed in it.. i only have thoughts relating to the game. I seem to totally forget not only the surrounding but also the 'me' . I am not sure what the i-thought is in that situation. It seems like there is no I-thought there. BUt then how is it different from the no-self we are trying to get at in spirituality? ( I am making things simplistic, but you know what i am asking about ..)

Sometimes i feel good after such a flow state (like with work) but sometimes i also feel worse afterward (like with computer games). So I dont how they fit in with the picture. 

Flow is a kind of activity-specific state that happens because of intense concentration and engagement. There is indeed no "I" in that, but the problem is precisely that it is activity-specific. It doesn't last past that period of time.

The spiritual quest is to recognize is that the flow state is constant and unchanging throughout all activities -- in other words, that it is not a state at all, but it's just the way things are all the time.

I do not know where the force of the void is taking me, How do i trust my thoughts once you've glimpsed enlightenment. 

my answer

You break through all delusions, your thoughts become synchronised and pure 

what woud you answer?