winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, Buba said:

Let's ask a question.

How not to shit pant in this path?

The irony is, you're not shitting in your pants. It's more like acknowledging and cleaning the gallons of shit already accumulated in the pant over decades xD 

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

1 hour ago, Preetom said:

The irony is, you're not shitting in your pants. It's more like acknowledging and cleaning the gallons of shit already accumulated in the pant over decades xD 

i prefer to simply roll around in all my shit  :ph34r:

Ok, is trust in God a hindrance to Truth? I am an atheist, ex-muslim and when I experience a horror in this path I find myself chanting some islamic words. :)

2 minutes ago, Buba said:

Ok, is trust in God a hindrance to Truth? I am an atheist, ex-muslim and when I experience a horror in this path I find myself chanting some islamic words. :)

i'd say only if you make it one

31 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

i prefer to simply roll around in all my shit  :ph34r:

Well everyone is drowning in their own bullshit.

The question is whether one is conscious of it or not ;)

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

1 minute ago, DrewNows said:

i'd say only if you make it one

Only if I make it a hindrance?

15 minutes ago, Preetom said:

Well everyone is drowning in their own bullshit.

The question is whether one is conscious of it or not ;)

Haha yeah I mean whatever blows your hair back 

5 minutes ago, Buba said:

Only if I make it a hindrance?

Fosho 

@winterknight

once there is realisation of non-doership or no control or state of nothingness - mind immediately gets afraid and steps back into dream-fog and 'returns control' to itself.

there is no one in no-control state. but once there is no control and no one there - mind interprets it as no control and as no one and steps back into dream and its never ending circle

what to do? how to stay in state of no-control?

Edited by Monkey-man

I have a tension in my body and restlessness. It started with this path. I was told, these are temporary, but it has been a year I am in dungeon, neither enlightened, nor grounded on ego.

10 hours ago, Bobby said:

@winterknight prior to awakening I found more scientific descriptions of the Absolute, such as Consciousness or Awareness to be the most compelling. Nondescript pointers such as “Buddha Nature” or “Tao” drove me absolutely bonkers.

now post awakening, I find the nondescript pointers much more adequate, and find this word “consciousnes” pretty unsatisfying for describing my experience.

in fact, right now I’m giggling thinking if the koan: “does the dog have Buddha-nature?” 

just wondering if that happened to you, it’s not a big deal or anything just triviaxD

Ultimately all descriptors are unsatisfying. Simplicity and silence is best.

7 hours ago, Buba said:

No, it's not, so long as you don't expect to control God and when and how and if God "delivers" various goods.

6 hours ago, Monkey-man said:

@winterknight

once there is realisation of non-doership or no control or state of nothingness - mind immediately gets afraid and steps back into dream-fog and 'returns control' to itself.

there is no one in no-control state. but once there is no control and no one there - mind interprets it as no control and as no one and steps back into dream and its never ending circle

what to do? how to stay in state of no-control?

Inquire into who wants to stay into that state. Or investigate the exact fear involved deeply and pay it respect... see if you can deal with whatever concern it has.

Or simply give up the desire to stay in that state. There is no "no control" state that matters. States don't matter. What you are, you are, regardless of the mind's fear.

5 hours ago, Buba said:

I have a tension in my body and restlessness. It started with this path. I was told, these are temporary, but it has been a year I am in dungeon, neither enlightened, nor grounded on ego.

It's probably psychological. Follow my links and investigate your desires and mind through therapy, and alignment of action with desire.

2 hours ago, Etherial Cat said:

@winterknight

Dear winterknight ,

I am wondering if you are familiar with Eckhart Tolle's teaching?

In particular with the notion of the pain body?  Tolle seems to say that there is trapped past emotional energy stuck in our body, which leads to the repetition of certain mind pattern, when those emotions are triggered.

He says we can dissolve it by observing the pain arise while being present. It seems that my body has a lot of pain to dissolve and focusing on it is extremely painful.  The issue for me is that I realize the burning pain within me is seeking a scapegoat, or a distraction, and often manage to lure my attention out of self inquiry. 

Have you ever experienced and recognized such a painbody prior to your enlightement, and has it dissolved instantly after it? 

Thank you for your time, and loving kindness toward us :x

I'm not a huge fan of Tolle's pain body teachings, though I'm also not very familiar with them. Sorry not to be of more help.

I would, however, say that there can of course be trauma -- and would recommend psychoanalytic psychotherapy or simply psychoanalysis to address it. I do not believe it should be regarded as a mere distraction to be done away with, but rather as an essential message that must be listened to and opened up. 

And you're welcome...

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight Hi, great thread. Thanks for starting it. Would you say you live a happier life now because of enlightenment? If you were faced with extreme tragedy, do you feel you would now be able to face it with much more strength? 

1. Do you have any experience with kundalini?

2. What is the best way to choose which hindu denomination you wish to belong to, god/goddess to worship and method to use, if you do not have a guru?

2 hours ago, Etherial Cat said:

What I meant, is that allowing this pain to flow can be overwhelming. After such an experience, I tend to experience a strong ego backlash. My ego doesn't want to allow the witness to see through it, it hates it. That's when it finds other distraction so I get unconscious again...

Yes, I think that means that you have to take things slower. Gently does it. There's clearly still unfinished business the ego has -- and that must be listened to and respected. So go into what that is. That's why my approach is oriented around being honest about what you desire, even if it is not "spiritual."

2 hours ago, noselfnofun said:

@winterknight Hi, great thread. Thanks for starting it. Would you say you live a happier life now because of enlightenment? If you were faced with extreme tragedy, do you feel you would now be able to face it with much more strength? 

Enlightenment reveals that one is not the one who lives life, whether it be happy or not, or who faces tragedy.

1 hour ago, tarax said:

1. Do you have any experience with kundalini?

2. What is the best way to choose which hindu denomination you wish to belong to, god/goddess to worship and method to use, if you do not have a guru?

1. No. 

2. Do your research, think, listen to your feelings, and experiment. If you want methods, I recommend my own.

27 minutes ago, omTom said:

@winterknight

Is existence permanent?

Do you ever regret becoming enlightened? Do you ever miss being an ignorant character in the movie?  

Is truth better than illusion? If so why? 

Existence and permanence are both mental categories; Truth is neither. One does not in reality 'become' enlightened. Enlightenment simply is the case. So there's no question of 'missing' something -- only the 'ignorant character' would have that feeling, not the true Self. 

Truth is neither better nor worse than illusion. Or, really, illusion simply isn't, so there's no question of a comparison.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

In addition to @winterknight's suggestions, I highly recommend those both new and experienced with inquiry,to take a look at this little book. It's free and clarifies alot concerning Ramana's approach to the method I personally haven't seen before.
For those not interested in reading the whole thing,although I recommend it, pages 123-180 are certainly worth the time as it clarifies many of the mistakes and misinterpretations one can fall into,especially those new to inquiry.

http://sageramana.org/files/The Path of Sri Ramana Part One.pdf

Edited by who chit

On 12/20/2018 at 8:55 PM, Wisebaxter said:

Ramana Marharshi talked about the true self residing in 'the heart on the right,' and that thoughts travel from the heart up to the head to become the 'I' thought. But if we're not our bodies, how can we say the true self resides in the heart? 

@Wisebaxter Everything including heart occurring in "I"

On 12/20/2018 at 8:55 PM, Wisebaxter said:

Ramana Marharshi talked about the true self residing in 'the heart on the right,' and that thoughts travel from the heart up to the head to become the 'I' thought. But if we're not our bodies, how can we say the true self resides in the heart? 

It was a concession for those still stuck in the "I am the body" belief,and had not yet realized their formless,true "Self". He refers to a "nadi" running from the heart, to the mind,where the "I-tendency" takes itself to be a form or self conscious entity attached to a body. The spiritual "heart" to which he is most often referring to, is not a place in the body. It's the placeless place or "heart of the Self",which is non-located,no center, i.e.,everywhere/nowhere. The heart he refers to is the " I-I" or the non time-bound,non attached,non-body-mind,formless I.

Edited by who chit

After long self inquiry why is it so hard to stay at that place of relaxation lets say , why identifying with thoughts, emotions takes over ... I keep going back and forth 

41 minutes ago, SriBhagwanYogi said:

After long self inquiry why is it so hard to stay at that place of relaxation lets say , why identifying with thoughts, emotions takes over ... I keep going back and forth 

Because of long-established mental habits. In fact there is no "staying" at the place of relaxation.

It is of course the thought that there is such a place, that one must try to get back there, that it is hard to do so -- these are all the egoic thoughts.

Soo in the end self inquiry is enough to break free from that illusion if i can say it like that 

47 minutes ago, SriBhagwanYogi said:

Soo in the end self inquiry is enough to break free from that illusion if i can say it like that 

Yes. That or relentless surrender -- letting go of all effort and trying and desire. Anyway those are two sides of the  same coin.