Osm

No video for today?

169 posts in this topic

@Joseph Maynor I think there’s definitely some truth in what you’re saying but thus far I always liked and loved the videos no matter how they came out, what their quality was (generally it was always superb and I never ever felt like wasting time) or regardless of their length. I’m definitely one of those people who really enjoy longer videos, especially from Leo. 

Surely there are people with less free time on their hands than others but I always like to think that there are way more people who really appreciate longer videos, especially on more deep and complicated topics. If you really care about the the content and are able to filter out the best for yourself than the length really doesn’t matter at all, but if you don’t really care and are less interested... well then I think Leo’s videos are not that suited for you in the first place. (Not necessarily addressing you, Joseph, right now but just in general)

Leos videos were always goldmines to me. Some smaller and some definitely bigger, but as I mentioned it before it never occurred to me that I’m mismanaging or wasting my time with sticking around for hours on end.

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

10 hours ago, DocHoliday said:

@Joseph Maynor I think there’s definitely some truth in what you’re saying but thus far I always liked and loved the videos no matter how they came out, what their quality was (generally it was always superb and I never ever felt like wasting time) or regardless of their length. I’m definitely one of those people who really enjoy longer videos, especially from Leo. 

Surely there are people with less free time on their hands than others but I always like to think that there are way more people who really appreciate longer videos, especially on more deep and complicated topics. If you really care about the the content and are able to filter out the best for yourself than the length really doesn’t matter at all, but if you don’t really care and are less interested... well then I think Leo’s videos are not that suited for you in the first place. (Not necessarily addressing you, Joseph, right now but just in general)

Leos videos were always goldmines to me. Some smaller and some definitely bigger, but as I mentioned it before it never occurred to me that I’m mismanaging or wasting my time with sticking around for hours on end.

WORLD-CLASS ARTISTRY IN YOUR CHOSEN ARTISTIC MEDIUM IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS HAVING GREAT CONTENT

Don't take this personally, use it to better your craft.  Every writer has to tighten their product.  I know my earlier writing was wordy as sh*t, especially my writing from like 2 years ago.  When I go back and read that it's like Oy! -- see.  You gotta always be looking for ways to become a better writer even if you're doing videos.  Think of your video as a transcript.  Imagine reading a wordy transcript!  That will put you in the right frame of mind to improve your videos.  Nobody is doing the best they can do right now.  Every artist is growing, improving, developing, and creating their artform over time. 

There are little details in my writing now that would've never emerged as issues for me two years ago.  Issues like comma placement in certain contexts.  And I've found that to become a better writer I gotta go back and study English Grammar, which I'm doing.  This is because to become a master at applying Punctuation Theory you gotta understand English Grammar at a deeper level than most people realize.  Hone that craft!  You're an artist, you gotta embrace developing.  And the better artist you become the better product results.  And killer product is key for Life Purpose.  Didn't Leo call this Purple Cows?  You want each and every writing or video you put out to be a Purple Cow.  Now, you're gonna have to work up to that, but that's a good mindset to think about it. 

Always be asking yourself from an artist's standpoint, how can I improve this?  I'm still unhappy with my writing because I've read so much great writing in my life -- I realize that my writing is still very amateurish in light of that standard.  I think Leo also said you don't wanna be an amateur you wanna be World-Class in life.  Well, if you wanna be World-Class in life, you gotta be making the best videos that anyone is making -- or at least striving to do that.  So, don't just focus on great content --  focus also on the artistry of making videos, writing essays, etc.  There's a deep artistry that you wanna be cultivating and mastering with your work.

Great content is needed and is extremely important, but that don't do squat for your artistry as a video maker or essay writer or what have you.  Spend just as much time investing on becoming a better video-making craftsman or craftswoman as you do finding great content to discuss in the videos.  Great content alone does not make for a great video.  Great content alone does not make for great writing.  I would experiment with changing up everything with your videos or writing or what have you.  Blow it all up and let the pieces come back together again.  Lose all your cliches that you're clinging to with the videos and create replacement ones.  That means the background, the intro music, the clothes, the appearance, the speaking style, the mannerisms, you name it.  

It's nice to have a style, but you want your style to evolve too.  Don't be the guy or gal blowing a few notes on the trumpet in the park thinking he or she's a jazz musician.  That dude or dudette would learn his or her limitations really fast if they were to show up to a real jazz jam session.  They would get humbled fast.  A jazz musician spends four hours a day practicing, and he or she has a system for practicing that they had to develop themselves.  Are you working 4 hours per day perfecting your artistry as a video maker or writer?  If you wanna be the best, you gotta actually be the best.  And there's a lot of people working hard out there -- they're gonna outwork you and leave you in the dust.  And I walk my talk -- I try to write for at least 4 to 5 hours per day, and my artistry as a writer has improved immensely as a result.  What you work on is what you improve. 

I learned a lot about artistry from learning how to play jazz and what goes into actually being able to play jazz well.  Only the fabulous few make it.  Even dedication alone is not enough in itself to become a jazz musician.  It's working on the right things with your time -- you can spend 10 hours per day working on something and still suck if you're not working in a smart way.  Intuition will only take you so far too.  You need structure to come out of you that swirls around and encapsulates the intuition.  That's what artistry is.  Embrace the artistry of making videos or whatever your artistic medium is.  Content is great, but you gotta really love your medium to be great at in that medium.

I love writing; I love the way it looks, I love the way it feels to write, and I love the final product.  I love everything about writing, and I wanna make it as good as it can get it -- for me, not for anybody else.  Your videos, writing, or whatever your artistic medium is, should be the same for you.  Or you're potentially in the wrong artistic medium, and you might wanna look at that.  You're never gonna become World-Class at something that you're half-hearted about.  Everybody else in your medium who's whole-hearted about it -- they're eventually gonna run-circles around you.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Are we finally going to learn how to land that hot wich girlfiend in just 4 hours of explenation?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

I'm calling dibs on a video about the theory of evolution.. definitely

Leo is with me, smokin’ crack

Leo is with me, suckin’ sac

Edited by Davo124

11 minutes ago, Davo124 said:

Leo is with me, smokin’ crack

Leo is with me, suckin’ sac

why u suckin sac

Memento Mori

@Leo, what is this video about?

Edited by George Paul

6 hours ago, Moreira said:

@Leo Gura 

There's a guy who has made a 4 part video talking about your spiritual experiences defining them as solipsism. Id like to know your opinion.

LOL what Leo is saying in that video is not Solipsism. 

Edit:

Just gonna repost what @SoonHei posted in the other thread.

Edited by SgtPepper

22 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It turned into a monstrously sized video, 4 hours long.

giphy.gif

Will take a while to render and upload.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Conflicted about releasing it, honestly.

giphy.gif

23 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It turned into a monstrously sized video, 4 hours long.

Will take a while to render and upload.

Conflicted about releasing it, honestly.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuucking upload that you bald rusky meditation man ?????

8 hours ago, Moreira said:

The guy's ego is badly triggered xD

At least Leo is not saying these things like 922 AC like Mansur al-Hallaj:) but even then Mansur didn't mind saying that he is the Truth. How interesting.. Truth being this obvious but yet this hidden..

Not saying its true but it would be hilarious if Leo just forgot to make a video and his posts here are just him going along with his made up story.

Here you are, junkies:

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Here you are, junkies:

WOOOOOOOOOOHH

giphy (1).gif

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

@Leo Gura lmao just woke up and got the notification :D

Finally this thread can rest in peace (im sort of proud and shocked that one of my first threads got this big lul ?)