egoless

Consciousness has nothing to do with spirituality

182 posts in this topic

Just now, cetus56 said:

@zoey101 That makes perfect sense. Same way I got here. I'll be honest, originally it was the ego's desire to know that brought me here. But now I see there was something way more intelligent than the ego that is really at work here.

Yeah ^_^ I'll admit, I'm sure I am still very much driven by my ego, but it's all a process. It won't happen over night. I think the first and most important step (for me anyways) was admitting that I don't know SQUAT about the world, God, or myself, outside of what I was being convinced to believe about them. 

Once I accepted that, I feel like it allowed me to start over with a clean slate. I truly believe you can't make any sort of progress until you are willing to believe and accept that :)

2 minutes ago, zoey101 said:

Once I accepted that, I feel like it allowed me to start over with a clean slate. I truly believe you can't make any sort of progress until you are willing to believe and accept that :)

@zoey101 I don't know how much you've cleaned that slate (and it's a process) but I have found after a while the slate itself no longer exists. That is where the concealed truth really starts to reveal itself.

1 minute ago, cetus56 said:

@zoey101 I don't know how much you've cleaned that slate (and it's a process) but I have found after a while the slate itself no longer exists. That is where the concealed truth really starts to reveal itself.

Hmmm. No slate to begin with. Haven't heard it like that yet lol could you possibly elaborate? I'm just having trouble trying to picture that.

Is it like what @Faceless talks about when he says to just live everyday new and to not let your "experiences" control the outcome of your life, because "experiences" are just a hold up from the ego? (still working on figuring out the exact meaning of all of this too lol)

@zoey101 I'm going to say this without the sugar coating. Just putting this out there so we are on the same page.

Ever have a full blown ego death where you fully accept every thought about yourself has been an illusion? Where everything you thought you were suddenly turned into a fictional story written by the ego to give the illusion that it is somehow real?

2 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@zoey101 I'm going to say this without the sugar coating. Just putting this out there so we are on the same page.

Ever have a full blown ego death where you fully accept every thought about yourself has been an illusion? Where everything you thought you were suddenly turned into a fictional story written by the ego to give the illusion that it is somehow real?

I understand this, but I don't think I have fully reached it. I know there is something bigger and deeper than this life and everything we do and think is a choice of our ego/self. 

I'm still trying to get my mind to wrap around the "everything is an illusion" part. It's all so fasinating and beautiful to me. But I don't think I personally am there yet.

@zoey101 No rush to do anything. It's a real foundation shaker when/if it happens the first time. Heads up! haha

But that's what I mean by "no slate". And the "slate" always seems to return after a while. For me anyway but to a lesser degree each time. But now I know the difference.

Just now, cetus56 said:

@zoey101 No rush to do anything. It's a real foundation shaker when/if it happens the first time. Heads up! haha

But that's what I mean by "no slate". And the "slate" always seems to return after a while. For me anyway but to a lesser degree each time. But now I know the difference.

So the "slate" is just another illusion created by the ego to distract us from the truth :) man you really learn something new everyday lol I really want to know how to accomplish this, but I won't rush anything ;)

Are you only able to really see this with psychedelics? (Seen a lot of talk about that lol)

1 hour ago, Azza said:

If it's not the truth, you'll know. your questions will not be answered. you'll reach a point where you're not satisfied. 

1 hour ago, zoey101 said:

nono, i did not say beliefs are the truth. i said beliefs are ways/methods to the truth. big difference. and I also said not just one belief is the right method. most beliefs at core lead to the same truth or concept. but you choose which one that touches you according to your background and your own mental understandings.

and i'll try to answer you question according to my own understanding. i think the truth is absolute. there's no "my" and "your" truth. there is, though, "my" and "your" belief or beliefs [; 

Are you aware that everything you said is just stories? Is there any way to verify them? You're believing in your beliefs and you're not aware of that (meta-believing), but have you ever questioned them?

Inquire a little bit, and (kindly) tell us what you find. Good luck.

1 hour ago, zoey101 said:

But it can be fun that way. :) I don't know anything either lol I'm only 24 and I am still learning how discover myself and the world. But me not knowing feels exciting, the world is open to anything when you don't know. :) Once you "know" the search is over and there's no more fun ;)

I don't even identify with fun, joy, laughter, etc.. anymore. I don't care if Truth brings me depression, I just want to know. (not attached to emotions or outcome, or at least this is what I tell myself).

Of course, that's not a bad thing, actually I feel above all feelings, only if I could get rid of my addictions and ignorance, my life would become incredible.

Edited by Truth Addict

22 minutes ago, zoey101 said:

Are you only able to really see this with psychedelics

@zoey101 No it is not the only way. I don't do them.  But I hear it's a quick shortcut though. I do know this, when it's all you it's all you. No wondering whether it was the medicine doing it or not.

10 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

Are you aware that everything you said is just stories? Is there any way to verify them? You're believing in your beliefs and you're not aware of that (meta-believing), but have you ever questioned them?

1 hour ago, Truth Addict said:
2 hours ago, Truth Addict said:
2 hours ago, zoey101 said:

first, excuse me for the f*king mess on top. I'm on phone and i have to idea how to delete quote holyshit lol

Second, have i ever questioned my beliefs? My god, i was born a muslim, was a devoted Muslim till the age of 26. Had many questions that the current interpretation of islam could not answer. I have to say it was so painful slowly realizing your whole life is a lie you know. Cried while praying to god to save me from my self and shit. But then i step by step started finding a path. A mixture of many different beliefs. Including islam itself but not through old understanding. Through my own. 

So ye, i have questioned my beliefs. I went through family drama for it. So many lectures. 

Please be more open minded about words. I never said there are right or wrong beliefs. At the end its you who needs to understand and find peace. Do it your own way , but remember doing it your own way is called a belief. Your own belief. 

3 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Ofcourse it's no easy task. But if you can't even distinguish a belief from truth then there's no hope for someone like that to navigate in this vast unknown, mysterious terrain.

@Salvijus  "For someone like that" - What do you mean by this? Make sure that you're not projecting here.

Well then, what is the truth? Are emotions, thoughts, and dreams true? If they aren't true/real, what are they? How can I come to experience something that isn't real? Doesn't the fact that I'm experiencing it, make it real? I can experience something that makes a belief impossible to refute.

If I'm believing/experiencing something, that would come to be a part of reality and truth. Regardless of what it is that I'm experiencing, right? That in itself does not mean that it is the end all, be all truth. That what I'm experiencing as reality/truth doesn't mean it's the highest form of truth that is true in every case. It is true, and it is very real to the person who is living in these circumstances and with those beliefs. 

If one aims to distinguish truth from a belief, one has to know what both of those are, and how they "work". So rather, one may have to go through multiple beliefs in order to just establish a simple form of truth - that it's very hard to find. Rather than saying that one type of belief "is wrong" because it's not "the truth".

The first 5 minutes here are relevant

37 minutes ago, Azza said:

first, excuse me for the f*king mess on top. I'm on phone and i have to idea how to delete quote holyshit lol

Second, have i ever questioned my beliefs? My god, i was born a muslim, was a devoted Muslim till the age of 26. Had many questions that the current interpretation of islam could not answer. I have to say it was so painful slowly realizing your whole life is a lie you know. Cried while praying to god to save me from my self and shit. But then i step by step started finding a path. A mixture of many different beliefs. Including islam itself but not through old understanding. Through my own. 

So ye, i have questioned my beliefs. I went through family drama for it. So many lectures. 

Please be more open minded about words. I never said there are right or wrong beliefs. At the end its you who needs to understand and find peace. Do it your own way , but remember doing it your own way is called a belief. Your own belief. 

Don't worry about the mess, it made me smile, lol.

No, I don't think you get my point. Watch This, Leo demonstrates the case very deeply.

5 hours ago, i am I AM said:

@cetus56 I will post your review of the video here, in case this helps encourage someone to watch it:

My first experience watching Mooji was "Christ Consciousness". Very powerful and moving.  He opens the door to total oneness and presence, where separation and distance are an illusion. 

Back to my comments-I saw this too... He's awesome.

@i am I AM I was really moved the first time watching it. All walls of separation dissolved. 

"It is gap-less. Meaning there is no separation. This is an "ushared" space. For it to be shared, there would have to be two."

Consciousness is all there is, it's not about God, it can be said that it is God itself. It's a big difference. But a personal God does not exist, reality at it's core is no-thing, emptiness. Every sage or mystic knows this, it's the very nature of yourself (reality, existence). And if God exists, it would not be separate from existence, it would probably be the whole thing. Yes, I believe in non-duality, as I have become aware that reality is no-thing, emptiness.

@Truth Addict oh i actually haven't watched this video yet. Will check it out in a bit and let you know. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@zoey101 You’ll be able to see exactly how the ego is created over the next few years. 

I do hope so ^_^ in the mean time, I'll just soak it all in with a huge sense of wonder and awe :) 

1 hour ago, Truth Addict said:

I don't even identify with fun, joy, laughter, etc.. anymore. I don't care if Truth brings me depression, I just want to know. (not attached to emotions or outcome, or at least this is what I tell myself).

Of course, that's not a bad thing, actually I feel above all feelings, only if I could get rid of my addictions and ignorance, my life would become incredible.

It's really hard :/ But I still think you should try to connect with your inner child. You need to gain that sense of wonder back. Everything about life and existence, even the bad stuff, is so fascinating. It can teach us a lot about the world and ourselves, but only if we are open and searching for it. I hope you can get it back :) 

1 hour ago, cetus56 said:

@zoey101 No it is not the only way. I don't do them.  But I hear it's a quick shortcut though. I do know this, when it's all you it's all you. No wondering whether it was the medicine doing it or not.

That's a relief lol because I don't have the courage to do that kind of stuff. Being that out of control seems so scary >.< 

1 hour ago, Azza said:

So beautiful :x 

9 minutes ago, zoey101 said:

That's a relief lol because I don't have the courage to do that kind of stuff. Being that out of control seems so scary >.<

@zoey101  That's funny b-c I'm really no different than you. And let me tell you I tried to surrender a lot of times and chickened out at the last moment. And I beat myself up about it too. But each time I got a little closer to a full surrender. And then one time it happened really strong. Than I started to restrict, and I said to myself, "Oh no you don't! Your not bailing out this time!". And I surrendered. Like a huge weight was lifted off me. I realized what a foolish pack mule I've been all my life carrying this burden of a load for the ego. Liberation from the egoic self. It's so close!