egoless

Consciousness has nothing to do with spirituality

182 posts in this topic

@zoey101 ♥️ 

Infants don’t have one yet. You can watch the illusion of nonintelligence developing intelligence, and weaving an ‘I’ from experiences, thoughts, emotions.  But you’ll remember before that I was there, when the I was just love. If not in a few years, most definitely when she’s a teenager. 

@cetus56 ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

16 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@zoey101  That's funny b-c I'm really no different than you. And let me tell you I tried to surrender a lot of times and chickened out at the last moment. And I beat myself up about it too. But each time I got a little closer to a full surrender. And then one time it happened really strong. Than I started to restrict, and I said to myself, "Oh no you don't! Your not bailing out this time!". And I surrendered. Like a huge weight was lifted off me. I realized what a foolish pack mule I've been all my life carrying this burden of a load for the ego. Liberation from the egoic self. It's so close!

That sound like how they describe a full surrender to God lol

I've done that with my situations as of late. I still have had a hard time with it, but once a day passes and I am able to look at things with a calmer mind, I just feel the need to let it all go. I can't control this crazy world, so I just accept what has happened and what will happen and now I am trying to make sure I make an active decision to live my life, not according to what has happened, but what I want to happen next. :) 

Sorry if that doesn't make too much sense lol it was the only way I could describe it :)

8 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@zoey101 ♥️ 

Infants don’t have one yet. You can watch the illusion of nonintelligence developing intelligence, and weaving an ‘I’ from experiences, thoughts, emotions.  But you’ll remember before that I was there, when the I was just love. If not in a few years, most definitely when she’s a teenager. 

@cetus56 ?

Yeah, I have adored watching my daughter develop her "self". So much personality and attitude in such a little body lol But I know what you mean :) she only wanted what she needed to survive. She wasn't addicted to the millions of distractions in the world. She was just being and that was all there was for her :) but now she is a little smarter (good God! O.o) lol

@Nahm@zoey101 Check out what is said here @ 6:40

Even though I haven't personally partaken I can still learn from the lessons of others experiences.

2 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Nahm@zoey101 Check out what is said here @ 6:40

Even though I haven't personally partaken I can still learn from the lessons of others experiences.

Thank you :) I'll have to wait to watch it later when I'm off of work 9_9

@Nahm @cetus56 Funny enough:

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

I hope more and more people will realize the deceptions behind the new age and nonduality...

@Nahm My current position is that many people follow false spirituality - based on belief and not Truth - and find Love (God) in a religion like Christianity. I am an open-minded seeker though, Jesus may actually be the Way.

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

1 minute ago, Nahm said:

@egoless Amen. The brain too. 

Nahm I consider you a friend and would like to hear your sincere opinion. Did you watch the video which I have posted? Be open minded.

@egoless I consider you a friend as well. ??I did not watch the video. I’m not into snakes and satanic stuff. What’s your run down on what new age is? I don’t seem to have a connotation for it.  Maybe a path of believing in lots of supernatural stuff, vs self inquiry? Not sure. 

In part my comment was coming from an understanding that one who refers to nonduality as a deception means they are well aware they are deceiving themself, cause there’s only nonduality. Or that they’re referring to their idea of nonduality, and not the actual situation, from the veil. (Veil sounds nicer than the word ignorance to most) In the ‘a picture’s worth a thousand words’, here’s a picture of all universes, multi verses, all dimensions, etc (all duality), from the vantage of Being...

99ADF8C4-3381-4591-9BFA-B90B1CBEB058.png

(Not actual size)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Is it open to try and change others, regardless of partially or totally?

Edited by i am I AM
a rhetorical question

2 hours ago, egoless said:

I hope more and more people will realize the deceptions behind the new age and nonduality...

I watched the video @egoless .  I can see why there may be some justification for the New Age founders being satanists, but do you really feel that the non-dual traditions of the past like Advaita, Zen Buddhism, Taoism, and even Christian mysticism are satanic in nature?  If so, then why have these religious sects produced so many compassionate, loving people throughout history?

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde

33 minutes ago, WildeChilde said:

If so, then why have these religious sects produced so many compassionate, loving people throughout history?

@egoless Similarly , why Christianity has killed more people than any other religion ?

Jesus said “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. ◄ Matthew 10:34 ►

Gospel of Thomas Saying 16

Jesus said: "Perhaps men think that I am come to cast peace upon the world; and they do not know that I am come to cast dissensions upon the earth, fire, sword, war. For there will be five who are in a house; three shall be against two and two against three, the father against the son and the son against the father, and they shall stand as solitaries."

The statement attributed to Jesus "I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword" has been interpreted by some as a call to arms for Christians.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_and_violence

18 hours ago, egoless said:

Studying and raising consciousness is a very positive on its own but it has nothing to do with spirituality or God (at least your consciousness does not). Consciousness is an aspect of human psychology. However it could be used as the tool of deception if you give it a spiritual meaning. Whatever you are doing in your life you have two ways of doing it: consciously or unconsciously in an automatic manner. The second one saves you a time on a trivial actions such as brushing your teeth or eating. You should train your consciousness to always be aware and make conscious decisions and choices to avoid all the traps and self deception. Prayer can be extremely helpful in raising consciousness because unlike meditation you are consciosly communicating with the God. During the prayer you don’t loose your identity and source of free will on the contrary you train it and you also train your ability to focus. Remember consciousness has nothing to do with spirituality. It is extrapolation...

Hi there, egoless. I’m sorry to hear there are many people who are rude to you when you’re simply sharing your beliefs here. 

I would just like to respectfully correct the misconception in your beliefs. From the book, The Science of Enlightenment, Shinzen Young talks about meditations from different spiritual beliefs. In history, there used to be an emphasis on meditation more in Christianity, but this somehow later evolved into emphasizing prayer and devotion.

Also, prayer and meditation are not mutually exclusive. The rosary, for example, is a type of meditation it itself in that it repeats a prayer to Mother Mary, similar to many Buddhists who repeat the mantra of “OM.” That, or prayers to Buddhist saints in Deity Yoga.

In a similar way, those who work on meditation are not removing their free will, but merging and devoting with all in some form. It’s like how a carpet can have different designs in its thread, but it would be all one carpet. It’s not a removing of who you are, but an addition to it.

Enlightenment may be seen primarily as an Eastern religious concept, but similar phenemenons happen in Christianity as well. It just has another name, and this is called “The Holy Spirit.” Though how it’s interpreted in modern times is much different from the much more deeper and complex way of seeing it.

Many Christians who have similar beliefs in enlightenment work believe in this merging with “God”, to learn from His wisdom, kindness and faith. I’m not much of a follower of these beliefs myself, so I don’t know it much. Though I’m sure you can find some Christian focused meditations online if you try.

Edited by WaterfallMachine

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

Guys I am not trying to convince anybody here to change their beliefs. What I am trying though is to share my new findings. I questioned the nonduality a lot. For example, as Leo is saying it is the path where you become dead in the end. We were blindly nodding the heads but if you think critically why would someone really want to become dead and lose the sense of free will? I am just trying to open you all to the possibility that if Jesus is really the Truth and prophecies of the Revelation are true than just consider how would the devil decieve the humanity? Precisely with this new age stuff where people are starting assuming that they are gods themselves... I really invite you all to watch this video and be open minded to everything. What if this states of nonduality where you merge with the universe is just another phenomenon in the brain? Precisely in your prefrontal cortex which is responsible for your sense of reality, time and free will?

Edited by egoless

@egoless Hope you liked the video on "Christ Consciousness" I sent you. It's one of my favorites.

1 hour ago, cetus56 said:

@egoless Hope you liked the video on "Christ Consciousness" I sent you. It's one of my favorites.

I know almost all the videos by Mooji, now I am exploring different perspective

14 minutes ago, egoless said:

I know almost all the videos by Mooji, now I am exploring different perspective

@egoless I hope you've seen that one too.  BTW- I watched your video and compared that against Mooji's message to see where the truth lies for myself.