egoless

Consciousness has nothing to do with spirituality

182 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Salvijus said:

Belief is psychological, truth is existencial. 

1 minute ago, Azza said:

beliefs are methods, the truth is the goal. once you reach the truth, you don't need to believe anymore.

not so far xD

3 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Azza So, if I’m understanding you, which I’m not, you’ll believe your way to the truth?

yes. if you don't believe your way to the truth, how else are you gonna get there? so 101 belief is, acceptance that something is true even without proof. once you reach that thing, once you experience it, you don't need to believe in it anymore. you're already beyond just believing.

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

If you serious about knowing the nature of life. Then you don't believe or disbelieve in anything. Only what you know you know, what you do not know you don't know. That's the most important step in this journey.

I agree, but some of us are not as far along this journey as others. I don't think putting them down for their current beliefs is helping anything. We are all here to figure it out. If some of us don't get it yet, we shouldn't be discouraged by people coming out and saying "fuck your beliefs". To someone that is still learning, you could shut the door on their journey by not giving real advice but by basically saying "shut up, you're stupid". Just be careful on how you say things. They do have an effect on people.

1 hour ago, egoless said:

@zoey101 you see how these practices make some people rude and ignorant like him. But yet they walk around with an ilussion of divinity. That’s because this path collapsed the distinction between good and evil and this is precisely what the devil would like to achieve when deceiving humanity ;) 

Yeah, that sure does happen a lot lol just stay open to anything :) As long as it's not a direct defiance against God, I think using meditation and other practices to discover yourself and your purpose in Him can be very helpful :) 

1 hour ago, Prabhaker said:

@egoless

If you cling too much to Christianity, you will not be able to understand Jesus.

Jesus was not a christian. Interpretation of Jesus's message by Christianity is hilarious.

Please don't be so quick to generalize all Christians like this. Not ALL Christians are misinterpreting His messages. No, Jesus was not a Christian, He was a Jew, all Christians know that and I've never met one who said otherwise. His message was plain and simple, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength. And Love your neighbor as yourself" There's nothing to misinterpret there. 

Phew, sorry for the long post lol had to catch up :)

The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Self Reflection? Meditation?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

egoless, I knowyou've been talking about us alot. But I have a question for you, though: Do you believe that your consciousness is United with God or Jesus now? And it did'nt before?

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@Azza What’s the difference between the truth, and a belief?

Awesome question Nahm, I've been pondering this also lately ?♥️.

13 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

Awesome question Nahm, I've been pondering this also lately ?♥️.

Have you seen Life of Pi? :D I swear it sounds silly, but this movie is really what got me into thinking that it's okay to take practices from other beliefs and to use them to strengthen your own, without sacrificing your beliefs in any way :) Such a beautiful thing to learn, in my opinion ^_^

Maybe it just told you you never in reality sacrifice your self.

50 minutes ago, Azza said:

yes. if you don't believe your way to the truth, how else are you gonna get there? so 101 belief is, acceptance that something is true even without proof. once you reach that thing, once you experience it, you don't need to believe in it anymore. you're already beyond just believing.

Okay, I understand, but how do you know it's the Truth? What is the Truth then? Tell me please if you would, I've been searching for so long.

If you believe that your beliefs are the Truth, then what's the difference between both?

And a catch 22 question: Is my Truth the true Truth, or yours, or his, or hers, or theirs, or ours all?

3 hours ago, egoless said:

Evrything is belief. Search enough and you will understand. God is unknown.

Unlike you I’ve became directly conscious of the fact that there are only beliefs. You can’t escape them. 

"God is unknown" is also a belief.

Also, how could 'prophets' know God and tell us about him if he's unknown? Did they just believe? If so, believe who?

Consider the possibility that these people here might have a perspective. What if they're right? What if God can be known? I wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to know Him. (I'm not enlightened).

3 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

Okay, I understand, but how do you know it's the Truth? What is the Truth then? Tell me please if you would, I've been searching for so long.

If you believe that your beliefs are the Truth, then what's the difference between both?

And a catch 22 question: Is my Truth the true Truth, or yours, or his, or hers, or theirs, or ours all?

The constant internal battle! lol

I personally don't think there is a way for us to TRULY and ABSOLUTELY know until we die. We all have beliefs that we follow, and because we all have different experiences in life, we put our own spin on them, whether knowingly or not. God isn't going to come down, look you in the face and tell you what the "truth" is. We have to try and discover it on our own. I think this is where the meditation and Self actualizing comes in and this is where we choose to have Faith in what we are learning, or not.

It's scary to just blindly follow any one belief, but we have to believe in something :) even if what we believe is there is nothing. :) 

2 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

"God is unknown" is also a belief.

Also, how could 'prophets' know God and tell us about him if he's unknown? Did they just believe? If so, believe who?

Consider the possibility that these people here might have a perspective. What if they're right? What if God can be known? I wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to know Him. (I'm not enlightened).

AMEN! :)

14 minutes ago, zoey101 said:

I personally don't think there is a way for us to TRULY and ABSOLUTELY know until we die.

@zoey101 What if you died and found there was never a reason to know anything?

@zoey101

I don't think it's about self-actualization or meditation or anything else. I don't think I know anything anymore.

It's life, really confusing. I literally have no clue whatsoever.

52 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

If it's not the truth, you'll know. your questions will not be answered. you'll reach a point where you're not satisfied.

53 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

nono, i did not say beliefs are the truth. i said beliefs are ways/methods to the truth. big difference. and I also said not just one belief is the right method. most beliefs at core lead to the same truth or concept. but you choose which one that touches you according to your background and your own mental understandings.

and i'll try to answer you question according to my own understanding. i think the truth is absolute. there's no "my" and "your" truth. there is, though, "my" and "your" belief or beliefs [; 

16 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

I think Homo Sapiens might be that stupid barking dog. 

@Mikael89 Only the ego drives the need to know everything. It is that very need to know that separates from truth.

"Noble wines shall not be tasted by drunkards". Drunk on ego that is.

33 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@zoey101 What if you died and found there was never a reason to know anything?

I'd like to believe I would be at least content with my search for the Truth. Proud that I didn't waste my life on just the day to day routine with no thirst for exploration, if that makes sense :)

There are plenty people out there that have no drive to search for anything. They're born, the work, they die. I don't want that to be my life story. I do believe God gave us so many clues and peeks into His amazing plan and to not seek them out is just a waste.

If I get to the end to discover that there is nothing and we just die and that's it, I'll be okay with how I chose to live :)

13 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@zoey101

I don't think it's about self-actualization or meditation or anything else. I don't think I know anything anymore.

It's life, really confusing. I literally have no clue whatsoever.

But it can be fun that way. :) I don't know anything either lol I'm only 24 and I am still learning how discover myself and the world. But me not knowing feels exciting, the world is open to anything when you don't know. :) Once you "know" the search is over and there's no more fun ;)

1 minute ago, zoey101 said:

I'd like to believe I would be at least content with my search for the Truth. Proud that I didn't waste my life on just the day to day routine with no thirst for exploration, if that makes sense :)

@zoey101 That makes perfect sense. Same way I got here. I'll be honest, originally it was the ego's desire to know that brought me here. But now I see there was something way more intelligent than the ego that is really at work here.