egoless

Consciousness has nothing to do with spirituality

182 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Prabhaker said:

For centuries Jews had been hoping and waiting, when will the messiah come? 

And then suddenly Jesus declared, "I am the messiah for whom you have been waiting."

Jews were disturbed, because the mind can wait, it is very easy to postpone. Whenever the messiah comes, we immediately deny him. This has to be understood. Mind can live in the future, but cannot live in the present.

Now we are waiting for Christ to come back; he has promised, “I will be coming back.” Now if anybody says, “I am Jesus Christ,” Christians will do the same. This time Christians will crucify him. 

@zoey101 If you are waiting for Christ's coming, Christ has always been coming. We are not available. 

When Jesus was here , only twelve illiterate people were available. What happened to the Jews? They were waiting for messiah for centuries!

So, don't wait, become available, Christ is always here.

According to what I've learned, Jesus isn't going to come back and be like "yo what's up, I'm back you guys" lol

TRUE Christians wouldn't crucify anyone that says they are the Lord returned. Many people have proclaimed this on Social media and YouTube and not had much done to them other than put downs in comment boxes. I met a homeless guy who said he was Jesus returned and my response to him was giving him one of our precooked lunches and I told him "Well, then may God continue to bless you". That guy may have been crazy, but it's not my place to "crucify" him for his delusions.

I really don't think you read my posts all the way through if you are suggesting that I need to be open lol I stated over and over that I am very open to a lot. I know Jesus is always with me and the Holy Spirit guides me. My only goal here was to clear up some very common misconceptions and generalizations about the Christian Faith, nothing else.

The way you respond seems to suggest your only goal is to shatter my beliefs with random instances in history where "Christians" were far from their best. That's like me saying all Muslims are Terrorists because one Muslim religious figure mentioned once in History that a "Jihad" was necessary to cleanse the Earth. It's ridiculous. Most Muslims I know are totally amazing and don't think that they should kill me just because I don't follow their beliefs.

Generalization is not a fact, it's just a way of throwing a group of people into a category because it's easier than connecting and learning about that part of someones life. I have met some awful "Christians" in my life, but that doesn't mean that we are all like that. I know I'm not like that.

My job is to only live my life according to His commandments and to be a living example of what a relationship with Christ looks like and to share that with the world around me. I do believe I am doing my part in that. Every hardship I have faced in my life (car accident, loss of a close friend to suicide-all happened as little as a month ago) has been a moment for me to either be an example, or to be just another hypocrite. I feel so blessed to be where I am and to have what I have in my life, even the hardships. I am strong because the Lord strengthens me to face each day and to take every moment in, knowing that each breath is a gift from Him. 

I really don't know what else I can say man. This post is literally just a repeat of my other posts and I don't think more repetition is helping either of us. 

You can think what you want, that's your right. But just try to avoid classifying groups of people so quickly when you have't taken the time to meet the individuals. Not all Christians are the same, same with Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists and even the same with SelfActualizers. Not everyone on here agrees with Leo, but we all still talk and learn from each other. That's how beliefs work.

@egoless or God, aka Source, aka the Universe.  The one that never changes is your True Self.  Your body changes.  Not the Awareness.