Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,126 posts in this topic

Hello my fellow Kriyabans - question:

which exercise is more fundamental than Nadi Sodhana > it's been in all my stacks for months 

Hey guys, I've got a question.

I feel like the Oms are distracting me when I do KP2 and KP3. Would you recommend just doing KP1, or would you recommend practicing KP2 and KP3 until I get more comfortable? Already did KP2 for a month, I find it very difficult and not peaceful.

@John West I'd say if you find KP1 soothing and that it resonates, keep doing it. It will deepen for sure, and then try KP2 again after some months. Or try Santatas KP and see if you like it. Because if you keep doing something that you find it difficult and not peaceful it is likely you will lose interest and motivation. My 2 cents.

On 01/06/2019 at 4:31 PM, Pernani said:

I know I'm asking a lot of questions on this thread, just bear with me.. When Im doing kriya pranayama 1 and I bring the energy up my spine sometimes my body gets soo aroused, it starts shaking and I have to stop the energy before I orgasm, does this mean I'm not effectively drawing the energy up the sushumna?

What do you guys think about this? Surely I can't be the only one. 

Doing intuitive practices like this is not easy especially if you dont have a mentor next you who you can keep asking about all the details to perform the exercises correctly. 

@Pernani is it still happening to you? It happened to me and it just went away by itself naturally. Just wait for a month or so

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

33 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

@Pernani is it still happening to you? It happened to me and it just went away by itself naturally. Just wait for a month or so

it is.. well I am 30days into no PMO, maybe it has nothing to do with me messing up kriya pranayama

On 6/1/2019 at 6:31 PM, Pernani said:

I know I'm asking a lot of questions on this thread, just bear with me.. When Im doing kriya pranayama 1 and I bring the energy up my spine sometimes my body gets soo aroused, it starts shaking and I have to stop the energy before I orgasm, does this mean I'm not effectively drawing the energy up the sushumna?

When you are about to orgasm, do you think it would just be a dry orgasm or one with ejaculation?

Lesson 4: concentration

How do I concentrate on bhrumadhya? I can't focus my gaze upwards for longer than 10 seconds, It's tiring for my eyes.

Also, as the instructions say, I need to imagine looking from my neck to the point between my eyebrows

How do I 'imagine' looking from my neck to the point between my eyebrows? When I close my eyes, It's one big puzzle for me to imagine looking from my neck to the point between my eyebrows.

Maybe my perfectionism is overcomplicating things.

On 6/15/2019 at 6:32 PM, GreenWoods said:

When you are about to orgasm, do you think it would just be a dry orgasm or one with ejaculation?

The one where you spray everywhere, I could clarify for more details if you want

13 hours ago, JonasVE12 said:

How do I concentrate on bhrumadhya? I can't focus my gaze upwards for longer than 10 seconds, It's tiring for my eyes.

Also, as the instructions say, I need to imagine looking from my neck to the point between my eyebrows

How do I 'imagine' looking from my neck to the point between my eyebrows? When I close my eyes, It's one big puzzle for me to imagine looking from my neck to the point between my eyebrows.

Just use your intuition on where to look at, no need to strain, keep yourself relaxed. If you focus for long enough while also relaxed you will begin to see a light.

Forget about the neck for a while, you need to have more awareness of the chakras before it makes sense. It will come by itself with time.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

@Pernani When first experiencing whole body orgasms many men report that they were sure that they were also about  to ejaculate but didn't. you are into nofap? so you could just risk it. in case you ejaculate it doesn't count (or does it? idk) as you were not masturbating.

how often does this occur? Does it bother you  much?

I am no expert but I could only think of that explanation:  you are 30 days into pmo, so a lot of energy/prana accumulates somewhere around the root chakra. With kriya yoga you perhaps somehow "activate/stimulate" it (did you have sexual thoughts while doing yoga?). thus you beginn to feel orgasmic. When you get better at drawing the energy up, away from the root chakra, the urge to ejaculate will subside. your body will feel energetic and orgasmic. Whole body orgasms can also lead to mystical experiences. 

But usually pmo doesn't lead to getting orgasms while doing kriya yoga. I guess you are just very lucky, or unlucky, depends on how you see it

You do Kriya pranayama 1 from Jc Steven's book? Another possiblity could be that you stop doing them for a while. Do the pranayamas by Gamana instead. (because with Steven's, you move the prana up and down (i hope I'm right, i don't do it according to Steven's book). with Gamana's, you draw it all up to the third eye, away from the root.) after some time you can switch to Steven's back if you want

23 hours ago, JonasVE12 said:

Maybe my perfectionism is overcomplicating things.

It's your attention, your mental focus that's more important than where your eyes are parked.
Having said that, it's helpful to point your eyes up a bit when they fall, but it is not necessary to look up as far as possible. Just a little bit is OK. No straining.
As you continue you may feel a slight pulling sensation that will keep your attention there even if your eyes are relaxed.
You can settle your mind in the medulla area then put your attention on bhrumadiya. This is like sitting in the back of a theatre and looking up at the screen.
When you see Kutastha believe me it will all be worth it. Although you needn't wait for visions as the practice should lead to good feelings.

Edited by kerk

@moon777light What do you think of his new book?

I feel it's getting to complicated. I prefer simple KP.  One of the grounding exercises he teaches is too complex. You need to remember to do too many things at once

While practicing Om japa kriya, are we supposed to chant Om at each chakra or we supposed to move from muladhara to medulla with one single Om?

Experienced kriyabans kindly clarify please!

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

I am confused about the language the author uses. I dont understand what the difference between "focus" "concentrate" "bring consciousness to" etc. means. Sometimes he even suggest to "concentrate" on multiple things, does this mean we should split our concentration or what does it mean? 

And when he says "Focus on Bhrumadhya", does he mean pointing the eyes upward or actually bring your consciousness to that spot?

@John West When you are new to yoga, I would recommend using the techniques by Santata Gamana. They are simple and powerful.  Once you have practised for a while, you can add some more complicated of Steven's if you want.

3 hours ago, Pacific Sage said:

While practicing Om japa kriya, are we supposed to chant Om at each chakra or we supposed to move from muladhara to medulla with one single Om?

Experienced kriyabans kindly clarify please!

Here is the video again.

21 hours ago, GreenWoods said:

@John West When you are new to yoga, I would recommend using the techniques by Santata Gamana. They are simple and powerful.  Once you have practised for a while, you can add some more complicated of Steven's if you want.

I'm into it for almost a year now, but I just did the practices that are recommended in Stevens book. I am now at Lesson 18, practicing every single day (haven't missed a single one) (Talabya Kriya, Maha Mudra, Navi Kriya, KP1, chakra tuning, Mental Kriya). I dont want the practice to take years. I'm willed to spend maybe one hour on it (for now). Would you recommend getting the book you just mentioned (or even other books of Santata Gamana series), practicing his stuff and cutting some of Stevens practices? What's your experience @GreenWoods ?