Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,126 posts in this topic

@kerk Where can I find the book of Kriya Yoga techniques?  I just watch the video, is on the booklist. Alright next week :)

Edited by john23

It's been around 2 weeks since I have started Kriya practice with 2 reps everyday. I am experiencing higher consciousness and as a by product I have this focus on knot like feeling in left brain, around 3 cms, 60 degrees from my ear and feels like it's being pulled. I have this assumption that it's a way to repair what ever wrong has taken place so far. Anybody experience similar sensation??

Also have been experiencing on and off sensation at the point between the eye brows Through out the day. Kind of feeling drained by the entire situation.

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

Hello beautiful people, is there a tutorial on navi kriya?

Guys look what i found

BEST guide by far about this topic

On 03/06/2019 at 1:25 PM, Pacific Sage said:

It's been around 2 weeks since I have started Kriya practice with 2 reps everyday. I am experiencing higher consciousness and as a by product I have this focus on knot like feeling in left brain, around 3 cms, 60 degrees from my ear and feels like it's being pulled. I have this assumption that it's a way to repair what ever wrong has taken place so far. Anybody experience similar sensation??

Also have been experiencing on and off sensation at the point between the eye brows Through out the day. Kind of feeling drained by the entire situation.

When I stretch my neck and my traps I can feel a knot in the chest area and my body gets veeery heated up (with some shaking sometimes) 

Has anyone of you experimented with the techniques and routine described in Ennio Nimis' Part 3 book ? I think they're simpler and they have a more natural approach where you don't force things, what y'all think? ( is it just me or this thread is dying already?)

Today during Navi kriya I chanted Om at the crown chakra (don't usually do that). I immediately started seeing colors - with eyes closed: green, blue and purple interchanging. It's also quite rare that I see colors, and I had never seen them like that before. Is there any relevance to this? Does it mean anything?

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

On 6/4/2019 at 10:50 PM, Pernani said:

Has anyone of you experimented with the techniques and routine described in Ennio Nimis' Part 3 book ? I think they're simpler and they have a more natural approach where you don't force things, what y'all think? ( is it just me or this thread is dying already?)

Ennio seems to try on page 187 to reconcile Mukherjee's method with traditional KP which he introduced earlier. It doesn't say much though. Mukherjee's seems to be shambhavi mudra which is already a part of the overall Kriya techniques. It should be beneficial based on my limited experience.

At the time of this writing, Mukherjee is traveling in the U.S. with next stop California.

As to forcing, I don't know of any forcing in KP.

19 hours ago, Shakazulu said:

@Gili Trawangan dude how do you do navi kriya ? Teach me

@Shakazulu I do it just like described in the Stevens book. I've just learned it myself, don't even know if I'm doing it right. I do feel a lot of energy in the chakras but it's similar to what I get from Om Japa. Do you have the book?

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

1 hour ago, kerk said:

Ennio seems to try on page 187 to reconcile Mukherjee's method with traditional KP which he introduced earlier. It doesn't say much though. Mukherjee's seems to be shambhavi mudra which is already a part of the overall Kriya techniques. It should be beneficial based on my limited experience.

At the time of this writing, Mukherjee is traveling in the U.S. with next stop California.

As to forcing, I don't know of any forcing in KP.

By forcing I meant forcing the energy to travel up the spine through all 7 chakras, and the feeling of hot/cold current that accompanies it, which I struggle with. 

Ennio keeps it simple with the technique and says you'll start feeling the hot/cold currents with time and that each chakra will be touched automatically just by focusing on bruhmadya

@Pernani

10 hours ago, Pernani said:

By forcing I meant forcing the energy to travel up the spine through all 7 chakrasand the feeling of hot/cold current that accompanies it, which I struggle with.

If you're struggling I suggest you get personal instruction if possible.

I don't recall Stevens teaching any forcing of energy. I wasn't taught to force anything, it's gentle and blissful, no forcing or great effort. This is your body and personal energies and one should be careful and sensitive.

The hot and cold thing, I believe is a holdover from JCS' SRF (Yukteswar / Yogananda) background which Ennio also had. I have not seen any reference to Lahiri teaching that. I have Nityananda's K book here and I don't see any reference to hot and cold currents. It is a very dense book and perhaps it's in there somewhere.

I think if your practice is working you'll recognize that afterwards, even if no hot or cold.

Edited by kerk

10 hours ago, Pernani said:

and that each chakra will be touched automatically just by focusing on bruhmadya

I saw that claim. Maybe it's true. I do think that setting yourself in medulla and focusing on bhrumadiya is the key to seeing Kutastha.

On 5/23/2019 at 6:53 PM, Esoteric said:

Well pressure on the head seems to be common. I had a pressure/blockage for 2 years in my head when I started my meditation practice. Now it I can be centered in the third eye throughout the day with no pressure (there can be slight pressure still sometimes, but it has significantly become less and continues to get deeper), just a delightful presence. So don't worry about it, it's a good thing (was for me).

Rapé tobacco can speed up this process. You can literally feel it go up to your third eye and starts working on blockages. Highly recommended.

Can you share info about Rapé that is so interesting.. given your experience 

@John Iverson I came in contact with rapé tobacco when I started doing ayahuasca and san pedro ceremonies. It's a tobacco (mixed with ashes from various plants) they make into a powder that you shoot up the nose. It is from the Amazon, that have been used as a sacrament and healing medicine for thousands of years by tribes.

It can be amazing for blockages and working with the spine.

So when I try sitting cross legged it brings up a ton of blockage which absolutely agitates me and makes me feel totally gross and uncomfortable and beyond describing how bad it is... should I go about lying down and avoiding the position that makes me feel this way? I think it's too intense and not productive if I get overwhelmed by sitting with crossed legs. 

13 minutes ago, SunnyNewDay said:

So when I try sitting cross legged it brings up a ton of blockage which absolutely agitates me and makes me feel totally gross and uncomfortable and beyond describing how bad it is... should I go about lying down and avoiding the position that makes me feel this way? I think it's too intense and not productive if I get overwhelmed by sitting with crossed legs. 

Just sit on a chair?