mp22

I miss the old Leo

46 posts in this topic

This guy was something. Very genuine and grounded.  I may be the only one but I really have trouble with the new no-brains Leo. 

''I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay their hands on everything they can get'' (NapoleonBonaparte).

"We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull. You will learn by degrees, Winston. There is nothing that we could not do. Invisibility, levitation—anything. I could float off this floor like a soap bubble if I wish to. I do not wish to, because the Party does not wish it. You must get rid of those nineteenth-century ideas about the laws of Nature. We make the laws of Nature." (1984)

Although new Leo is 1000 times wiser and more profound, old Leo had something appealing. Maybe it was some kind of innocent naivety lol

I miss the old Leo, straight from the Go Leo
Chop up the soul Leo, set on his goals Leo
I hate the new Leo, the "you dont exist" Leo
The always woke Leo, f* the science Leo
I miss the younger Leo, go to the gym Leo
I gotta say, at that time I'd like to meet Leo
See, He invented Leo, it wasn't any Leo
And now I look and look around this forum and there's so many Leos
I used to love Leo, I used to watch Leo
I even had the black t shirt, I thought I was Leo
What if Leo made a video about Leo
Called "you are the old and new Leo"? Man, that'd be so Leo
That's all it was Leo, we still love Leo
And I love you like Leo loves Leo

@wavydude right on!

@mp22 me too. I figure, well, he's doing what is best for him. I gotta forge my own path now :)

Leo seems to beat up on himself too much with regard to this topic; I learned this from watching his Hawaii trip videos.  He said knowing what he knows now, he doesn't feel he was qualified enough back then to start a project like Actualized.org. I'm a late-comer to his content, but I've watched a lot of his earlier stuff and of course the latest.  The content is different, but the quality, depth, and sincerity is always there.

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde

Me too because back then he was more like us but now he's way beyond our league and he had warned us about it that he'll outgrow us soon if we don't do the practice and he did.

48 minutes ago, sarapr said:

Me too because back then he was more like us but now he's way beyond our league and he had warned us about it that he'll outgrow us soon if we don't do the practice and he did.

If by following you mean taking massive amount of psychedelics, yeah some of us got off the train. 

''I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay their hands on everything they can get'' (NapoleonBonaparte).

"We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull. You will learn by degrees, Winston. There is nothing that we could not do. Invisibility, levitation—anything. I could float off this floor like a soap bubble if I wish to. I do not wish to, because the Party does not wish it. You must get rid of those nineteenth-century ideas about the laws of Nature. We make the laws of Nature." (1984)

53 minutes ago, John Lula said:

@mp22 People change. If you cannot accept it, that's your problem.

It's interesting how we gossip whenever someone say or do something out of the ordinary. Leo is doing personal devlopment, that is a process of change. If you don't like that, go watch The Simpsons, little change to find there.

I accept the change but it's a change for the worse in my opinion. I think other people also feel this way but they're shy to speak up in front of the "advanced" people here.

2 hours ago, alyra said:

@wavydude right on!

@mp22 me too. I figure, well, he's doing what is best for him. I gotta forge my own path now :)

That's what I am doing as well. Going off on my own and tailoring it to myself.  

34 minutes ago, John Lula said:

@mp22 Yes, when it comes to psychedelics. I definitely agree. He should talk even more (much more) on the negative consequenses such can have.

Good point. Love the quote btw :-)

Wow, I love the 2017-2018 Leo, the more videos he makes the more mindblown I become, and he's more straight to the point nowadays, he rarely builds up the tension, he just goes full blast! I think since he had his awakenings he doesn't wanna beat around the bush anymore. :P

Dont look at me! Look inside!

3 hours ago, wavydude said:

I even had the black t shirt, I thought I was Leo

xD

6 minutes ago, John Lula said:

Will the real slim Leo please stand up?9_9

2018-03-05 21_22_51-group of people with black shirt - Google-søk.png

Lmaooo

I HATE hearing all the negativity around psychedelics.  It's the most culturally constructed crap I'm aware of and it's to the detriment of anyone seeking something beyond our mundane experienced reality.

That being said, I don't actively try to do psychedelics anymore.  I've had a few great experiences with them opening me up to the spiritual world and helping guide my path of personal development; it's incredible seeing how much more there is to consciousness and reality- they really help expedite you into seeing the potential that living a spiritual life can have.

The reason I've stopped doing them is because I've come to recognize that these miraculous experiences are very temporary, and create craving (yes, vipassana), and I'm tired of living my life fueled by craving.  Once you've realized even a small facet of truth using psychedelics, or had some glimpse of an enlightenment experience, hopefully it gets you motivated to walk the right path. 

Why get mad at Leo for being a guinea pig and trying these psychedelics though? Him posting that last experience live was the most authentic thing he's done IMO.  It bothers me that just because you've been indoctrinated to an "anti-drug" mentality, that you would be so close-minded to the potential that psychedelics might actually be beneficial in some way. I'd recommend looking up the research/literature on the effects of psychedelics on things like depression, and other psychological health issues.  You might be surprised that these drugs actually have many POSITIVE benefits for people, including also literally making people more open-minded, one of the qualities Leo stressed is of utmost importance in this work.

Edited by PT89

15 hours ago, mp22 said:

I really have trouble with the new no-brains Leo.

Because you are used to fake fasade now that hes becoming more authentic you dont like it because that shows you how much you need to work to get rid of all social conditioning and ego doesnt like it...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

You guys keep moaning as if that stuff got taken from you. There is 300 videos for you to watch ( or maybe more haven't counted). With the amount of work the guy puts into everything he could not have turned any other way. The new content is difficult to follow up on, I agree but it is because most of us have been neglecting the inner work so we are far back of. 

If you like old Leo, watch old Leo's video. I love watching him grow week by week and the content although not always relevant for all of us who are not at that stage is still mindblowing. Things like his latest yoga video would be very difficult to find on other youtube channels.

This channel is not supposed to be your only source of information. If you wanna know dark side of psychedelics, go research it yourself. like...you know...google..?

So suck it up and stop being  crybabies !

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

In the past he was boring. As he said, he is becomig more and more authentic, and when you become authentic, you can no longer have an interest in superficial things. Because in superficial things you won't find yourself, you will just find distance, various miserable trances.

Sounds to me that you miss your old self and not the old Leo.  We all miss parts of ourselves from years ago.

OP, this is a safe space, you can be honest with us... 

do you want him to make another video on how to finger girls? 

isn't he technically older now in current videos than in the earlier ones?? Or did we do a time warp:SO.o