sleeperstakes

Why do we need truth?

26 posts in this topic

Do we need truth with a capital "T" to live a fulfilling life? I don't have a deep understanding of how it's important. Surely plenty of people can still love their life without knowing the nature of reality, that God is nothingness etc. I'm not asking this to provoke, genuinely interested.

Unless you know the Truth, you're not even alive. You're only alive when you're dead.

I dont think that "truth" is a requirement for living a good life. I think that "truth" is a neurotic construct that leads to more and more information which everybody and nobody needs. I am a scientist and I do work on certain issues to improve recent standpoints of science. But this is just my job. I dont try to find the absolute truth or something. My happiness is found within my peaceful way of living and breaking certain barriers in my life.

And whats the point of knowing the truth that probably nothing really matters? Whats the point of believing in a god or defying him? Whats the point of thinking that nothingness is everything? None of it is absolute. So is the word "truth". Everybody creates their own definition of "truth". 

Would you rather live a life fulfilled by lies or be fulfilled by embodying what's actually true? 

There is no truth with a capital 'T', this is just a misuse of the word truth to satisfy the ego's desire to 'know' the answer to the 'big questions' which is really no different than it's desire to 'know' the answers to all the little questions, too.... the ones of the little 't' truths.

So one can have a fulfilling life without seeking it.

Edited by SOUL

You decide whether it matters to you. You're just going to live a much better life if you embody Truth. Not that you won't live a decent life fulfilled by lies and stories you tell yourself.

You don't need to do anything. 

Any attempt to capture absolute truth would be a projection within the field of reality. Truth in its deepest sense can not be an object of knowledge/thought. Any attempt by the center which is limited/fragmented can never see the whole. Truth is when the center is not. 

It is possible to see forms of truth within the field of reality. To see and understand the limitations of the center/thought/ the me. The capacity to see that absolute truth cannot be captured by the center is a truth that is working within the field of reality “thought” 

In total perception of the substance of thought various truths can be observed.

To understand the nature of thought is to see its limitation. An ability to see what is false becomes a truth in its self. 

This would be easier to see if we didn’t blind ourselves with various philosophy’s and so on. 

Just start with clarity and go from there. Don’t fill your mind with that which is distorted by thought/knowledge.

Be your own light ? 

it could create problems for example if one keep believing in Santa for the rest of his or her life  

Edited by BjarkeT

Because without the truth, you will suffer. Without the truth you will stay with your beliefs, anxieties, fears, theories, worries, sadness, depressions, etc.You got to live the truth or the lies. The lies will hurt you. A lot. The lies can twist the world up in your mind and make it see it as something else instead of what it really is. You will be confused and faithful on distortion. The truth will give you happiness. Or I mean, give you the tools to lose your suffering, soo you can be happy.

I think it's a choice really. You can be happy and fulfilled even without becoming fully aware of the Truth. Leo however thinks otherwise. Maybe that's because from his perspective he has seen way too much to go back to his previous unconscious life.

Edited by egoless

@sleeperstakes Well, if you someone told you that you were asleep, wouldn't you be curious to wake up? Because what you're saying is "eh, I don't need to wake up, I can be happy and fulfilled in this dream. What's the point?"

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

How do you know that you have a hand? How do you know what it looks like? The simple answer is that you see your hand by looking through the space between your eyes and your hand. That space is something that lies outside of you. In conclusion, you only know your hand because there is something that exists outside of you.

As Leo has explained in his absolute infinity videos, God is the set of all sets. There is no element outside of God. Therefore, God cannot possibly know itself, it can only be, and have faith that it is God.

No matter how much anybody searches for "Truth", they will never find it. You can spend your entire life replacing your current truth with an even higher truth, but you will never know God, for it is impossible. Every flashy consciousness experience out there can always be surpassed with an even greater one, for God is infinite.

So here we are, in the odd situation where we cannot know we are God, but we can declare it to be so through faith. As an aspect of the divine, we co-create reality along with all the other aspects of the divine around us. No one individual is in control of the creation, but each individual can steer the ship with their intentions, and what manifests as reality is what is best for the sum total of creation. It is the ultimate version of co-operation rather than competition.

So do you need understanding to live a fulfilling life? Absolutely not. Will you receive exactly the mindblowing divine wisdom you need on your journey at just the right time? Undoubtedly.

Welcome to the best game ever invented. We hope you enjoy it! xD

20 hours ago, sleeperstakes said:

Do we need truth with a capital "T" to live a fulfilling life?

Intellectually we know we live in a "dream-state" acting out our roles. Achieving truth is fully breaking down yourself until there is nothing left. But you yourself will go trough hell, You will DIE in the full sense of the word. You'll be left as a nobody but you'll know what the hell is going on in this life.

The other choice is just stay in the dream and play the roles you have always played. There is nothing wrong with that either. Ignorance is bliss.

Read the books by Jed McKenna to get a grasp of this.

"Knowing" things that make you happy is what matters. If you think you know, that a loved one that has passed away is in a good place, you'll feel happier about that. If it's actually true or not is rather irrelevant. 

Edited by Spiral

Because you think you're just one quark fighting for itself, when in fact you're the entire body.

Can you see the problem in that ?

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@sleeperstakes so much suffering derives from the belief we are something other than the magnificent truth of what we really are. You’ll be able to ‘see through’ everything others can’t. You would live life without fear or doubt or monkey mind. It truly is dying and yet still living the rest of your life. IMO, it feels like waking up everyday and winning the lottery of love. Something I think is worth pointing out, that rarely gets mentioned and would be hard to believe...our default / or baseline does change drastically. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE