Joseph Maynor

I Came Up With A Test For High-Consciousness Meat Eating; We Massively Lack Awareness On This Issue

106 posts in this topic

@sgn Look at the Native American Cultures (or in the movie "Avatar") killing animals to survive in a desert is part of a whole process, there is no judgement - for sure it's better to avoid killing animals if you have the choice. We'r not separated from the nature.

I can't tell about the leopard and the toe since I haven't experienced/contemplated this directly, but I've heard from someone "enlightened" that both creatures aren't interacting just on a physical level. It's a win-win.

Edited by Soulbass

yesterday during my second AL-LAD trip I had an heartbreaking experience. I was in the midst of a shiny scene, very fancy and caught in abundance and consumerism. there was a scene with women on a catwalk, wearing the craziest, most luxurious clothes. suddenly everything changed and I saw a little creature (I think it was a mink) crying in pain. it was one of the most horrifying things I've ever seen: it's skin had been taken off, it was white, covered with blood and red eyes, it's mouth wide open, crying. the shriek sounded human.

it was like a punch in my face! I felt so much pain.

then I felt really happy that I haven't been eating meat for two years now. I don't think I'll ever go back. there must be a reason why spiritual leaders/sages tend to move towards vegetarianism or even veganism.

how can you kill sentient beings out of pure pleasure (because we don't need meat) once you've realized we're all one?

whatever arises, love that

@Joseph Maynor Good post and I'm happy that you taking your self realization seriously. Going whole food vegan will help you more than you could ever imagine. But don't believe me. Try it. Experience it.

This topic turned into a useless and missoriented discussion.

The main question you should ask yourself, and I hope you do if you want to self realize, is: Do I eat for ego or consciousness?

Eating meat and animal products is equal to eating for ego.

Everyone knows that the practice of love is the only way to self realize. So, if you take this seriously you can't find any reasons of love to continue eating meat. 

1 hour ago, cirkussmile said:

@Joseph Maynor Good post and I'm happy that you taking your self realization seriously. Going whole food vegan will help you more than you could ever imagine. But don't believe me. Try it. Experience it.

This topic turned into a useless and missoriented discussion.

The main question you should ask yourself, and I hope you do if you want to self realize, is: Do I eat for ego or consciousness?

Eating meat and animal products is equal to eating for ego.

Everyone knows that the practice of love is the only way to self realize. So, if you take this seriously you can't find any reasons of love to continue eating meat. 

Damn!! ?

I would add to that....to do some contemplating before anyone lumps the human experience in with animals. Consider, there truly is no past, and things like evolution may not be as they are presented by science, which is based on the belief of a past. The simplicity of what is true is so often over looked. 

@Joseph Maynor I also did what @cirkussmile said, and it changed everything about my health, and consciousness. The body becomes light, as does the mind. It’s about so much more than our personal health, though that is important of course. It’s a game of hide & seek, look everywhere. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 11/27/2017 at 9:39 PM, Outer said:

Vegetables are not sentient and don't have consciousness. They have no nervous system or brain. They cannot feel pain or experience emotions.

To be fair, we don't have brains either according to Leo

''I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay their hands on everything they can get'' (NapoleonBonaparte).

"We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull. You will learn by degrees, Winston. There is nothing that we could not do. Invisibility, levitation—anything. I could float off this floor like a soap bubble if I wish to. I do not wish to, because the Party does not wish it. You must get rid of those nineteenth-century ideas about the laws of Nature. We make the laws of Nature." (1984)

How do you feel when you chop a carrot or slice an animal's throat? 

Contemplate this question and then decide if you need to eat meat.

Don't try to become a Buddha. Just be yourself. That is the Buddha.

Bliss out to LeakyBliss ? ➡ https://bit.ly/2Ld2QOC

But without an economically viable alternative for protein, how would I go about building muscle? I feel terrible about eating meat but I'm almost certain without enough protein intake my body won't rebuild to the same degree. For many people it is far too expensive to rely on plant based supplements (proteins) to meet the demands of an athletic lifestyle. 

On 12/5/2017 at 9:09 PM, Quader said:

But without an economically viable alternative for protein, how would I go about building muscle? I feel terrible about eating meat but I'm almost certain without enough protein intake my body won't rebuild to the same degree. For many people it is far too expensive to rely on plant based supplements (proteins) to meet the demands of an athletic lifestyle. 

Actually, building muscle on a plan based died is exactly the same thing, if not even better. Look up vegan bodybuilders on youtube. 

Don't try to become a Buddha. Just be yourself. That is the Buddha.

Bliss out to LeakyBliss ? ➡ https://bit.ly/2Ld2QOC

On 11/28/2017 at 5:17 AM, Outer said:

I have been vegan for soon 2 yrs. You can be healthy on a vegan diet, and that's good enough. You can sustain yourself on a vegan diet. It's also cheap. Just buy the supplements and start eating beans like lentils with a vitamin C source like broccoli, and starches like sweet potatoes, and nuts like walnuts.

What you need to supplement:

250 mcg B12 (methylcobalmin for example) a day or 2500 mcg a week. The body stores B12 so you can take it weekly.

250 mg DHA (algae oil, vegan omega-3 supplement) a day.

What I think you need to supplement:

2000 IU Vitamin D3 a day. More if you have a blood test with low levels. Unless you get 15-20 minutes of sun a day with a majority of your body exposed, and you live close to the equator. Higher up, during the winter, the angle of the sun gives no vitamin D3. Though the sun causes cancer.

150 ug Iodine from Iodine Potassium. Unless you eat enough iodized salt, you need to supplement. Seaweed is not a reliable source and can contain too little or too much.

What you probably need to supplement:

500 mg calcium. Or however much you need to reach 1000 mg. Can from supplement or plant milks like almond milk. Unless you eat a tons of sweet potatoes and certain greens.

EAT A LOT! You won't have as energy dense foods unless you eat oreo cookies and french fries all day. If you do that take a multivitamin too.

---------> http://veganhealth.org/articles/intro <--------

B12 Although supplementing is the easiest method you can get from some unwashed organic produce or sea algae/vegetation. DHA levels can be acquired from hemp, chia, flaxseeds, walnuts ect.. Conversion being extremely low is more of a myth and most tests were done on unhealthy adults, on the contrary its fine especially if your healthy in general and consume a lot of whole foods and especially with hemp seeds. D3 = 15-20 minutes of sunshine at least 50% body exposure a day is enough. (Note do not use soap for 48hours for optimal absorption)

150ug of iodine is very low, Japanese women average 12mg per day and are among the healthiest women on the planet. You cannot get too much from seaweed, people have taken up 100mg+ with no negative side effects besides some effects of extreme body detox.

Calcium is far too over-hyped. You get more than enough from plant sources alone, If anything you need Magnesium and Vitamin K2.

We are designed to consume plants, we didn't supplement when we ate meat so why would it be more important to supplement eating your biological food? Yeah they say meat is more "concentrated" in some minerals but this is not necessarily true because our body's cannot absorb meat and its nutrients nowhere near as high level absorption rate as they do plant species. Same goes for Protein and Iron myths.

There's lots of myths on Vegan Diet and veganism. I suggest checking these videos out.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@Quader One way to think about it is, when you eat raw food, you’re eating what grew. When we eat meat, we’re eating what grew, was eaten, digested, filtered a few times, spread through an animal’s blood stream, and deposited into the animal’s tissue. The iron, for example, is not the same iron. Research Free radicles if you’re interested. ❤️?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Be Yourself

Thanks for the informative video, that was tough for me to watch. My question was not to dispute the quality of protein between plants and animals, but how one can reasonably intake enough protein to maximize muscle regeneration. Mic cited the required daily amount of protein for healthy functioning, but not the amount of protein successful athletes are consuming today. Anecdotally, Mic doesn't look like he's been hitting the gym, but he's quick to polarize that notion with "The pressure to build a hulk-like physique". To me his style of "gym bros" mentality (him playing devil's advocate) sounds vindictive, as if he has philosophical grounds to push a vegan agenda.

This is more an economical/quantity issue than anything else, because I know I could substitute a piece of chicken for x amount of plant proteins. Mic referenced the baseline requirement of 56 grams of protein a day (male). My belief is that 100-120 grams (minimum)  is fairly optimal for my needs but legitimate athletes consume much more depending on their body weight and lean muscle ratio/needs.  

I'll be switching more over to plant based to experiment how it works for me, but it's not a black and white/all or nothing situation. Science hasn't figured out nutrition. At all. IMO 

Edited by Quader

@Quader if I can add my 2 cents. 

What convinced me the most was a document called Eartlings - Land of Hope. I would encourage you to watch it full and formulate your opinion on that. This is what it takes to develop the awareness, this is the movie that woke me up. :)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Quader Have you heard of Dr. Nun S. Amen Ra? Current world record holder for dead-lifting? Guess what his diet is. Yup, 100% Vegan.

Questions to contemplate:

Why do you think you need so much protein to build muscle?

Who told you that you need to eat animals to sustainably build muscle?

@Toby

On 11/28/2017 at 10:06 AM, Toby said:

Did you guys know that Hitler was vegetarian? Now... imagine he would have been even vegan.

I know that all of us in the west have been indoctrinated into siding with a certain his-story about WWII... However I urge you to do some research (with some critical-thinking skills) about what events truly led to WWII, and moreover, why Hitler is demonized today. News Flash: he's not the villain you think he is.

Ever watched the documentary Hell Storm (on YouTube)?

Ever question why Japan and Germany were demolished to such a merciless degree, or made an example of?

The Germans loved Hitler during his time for a very good reason by the way...

(Hint: Hitler turned his nation from one of poverty to wealth almost overnight because he removed usury, aka fiat currency from his country. Same with Japan. If you don't know what usury is, watch the latter half of the Thrive Documentary, also on YouTube).

Money is the absolute tool of control.

Cheers!

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize"

Edited by ppfeiff

@ppfeiff it is very complex issue. Yes, he spoke about problems of the money system (which is the same today). Yes, the WW1 reparations and the Versailles Treaty were probably "unfair". Yes mostly jews are running the banks. Yes, the economy was doing pretty bad and a lot of people wanted a change because of it.
But the conclusion to kill people based on their race or faith or even disabilites is pretty much insane. Or attack other countries is also quite insane. And no, it is not true that the Germans loved him. There were a lot who didn't like him. I mean, I'm from Germany and I know first hand from relatives that not everyone liked him.