Joseph Maynor

I Came Up With A Test For High-Consciousness Meat Eating; We Massively Lack Awareness On This Issue

106 posts in this topic

How many vegans/vegetarians here have actually had a blood test recently, with ferritin levels?

How about everyone go to their doctor, get the test and post the results?

Then this discussion can continue in its proper context.

@Joseph Maynor I heard from a Native American teacher, that certain groups of Native Americans used to say a prayer before they ate their meat, especially buffaloes. After hearing that, I thought that prayers bring up awareness. 

Now, some people, like women, are more prone to animeia. So, they have to take supplements if they choose to become vegetarian or vegan. I heard from a cardiologist that we are omnivories and that he doesn't recommend meat be completely stopped because of the increased risk of diabetes and obesity. 

1 hour ago, Key Elements said:

@Joseph Maynor I heard from a Native American teacher, that certain groups of Native Americans used to say a prayer before they ate their meat, especially buffaloes. After hearing that, I thought that prayers bring up awareness. 

Now, some people, like women, are more prone to animeia. So, they have to take supplements if they choose to become vegetarian or vegan. I heard from a cardiologist that we are omnivories and that he doesn't recommend meat be completely stopped because of the increased risk of diabetes and obesity. 

Yes, the Jews do the same and have strict rules about the slaughtering process to avoid suffering, but it's unclear how much this intention has been muddied up by modern farming techniques. 

I'm personally trying to cut back on the meat but it's extremely difficult for me, since I enjoy the food and it feels so natural eating it given how I grew up. Hopefully I can get to a point where I consume meat on special occasions and feel deep appreciation. 

This might sound dumb, but I also wonder about the moral implications of eating vegetables. This is an honest question, and I know many fruits and vegetables have a symbiotic relationship with species who eat them, but is it possible we are indirectly harming yet another living being? At the end of the day, you continue living by consuming another life. It's much easier to relate to the plight of an animal, and I can completely understand how we alter this creature's natural lifestyle in favor of our selfish eating habits, but I question the implicit moral high ground of eating fruits and vegetables over meat, our habits aside.

Vegans/vegetarians usually have no problems with iron. Beans have a lot. 

I think most people would prefer suicide over 3 cups of beans every day.

And I'm not sure all vegans out there have the will for same.

At some point it feels like you hate yourself.

Edited by Haumea

15 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I'm willing to bet good money that 99.99% of us are low-consciousness plant eaters.  We permit the Ego to continue to hide the ball on this issue.  We don't want to become fully aware of this issue because it's really ugly, and subconsciously we know that.  And our Karmas are getting blasted for it too.  It's a really sneaky problem that most of us are not fully conscious of.  Let's each resolve to fix that, maybe not here, but for yourself moving forward.  Let's raise the issue to the light of awareness.

..... oh..... and low-consciousness air breathers, too.

I may not be able to eat meat much longer.  Thank you all for your contributions to this topic.  It's kind of an awareness mindfuck, isn't it?  How would we feel if we were raised by another organism so that it could eat our dead muscles and skin?  See?  We don't ever fully put ourselves in the perspectives of the animals we eat -- we just assume it is normal and natural to eat them, even though we do not need to.  We do not need to eat animals to survive.

What spawned this question is when I went home for Thanksgiving I interacted with pet cats, dogs, birds, and fish, and I realized that they are more similar to us than the Mind is inclined to think.  Like us, each animal has a unique personality too.  When we get our meat at the supermarket, we are shielded from all that.  All that is there is the already processed meat.  We're blinded from being fully aware of what we are doing when we eat meat.  Imagine it was your arms and legs wrapped up in cellophane at the supermarket!  If it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander too, no?  Why do we hold a double-standard here?

I was going to eat some sardines for lunch today, and then I kept seeing the pet fish that I fed and interacted with during my recent trip home.  I looked at the dead sardines in the can and I felt so sad.  I couldn't eat them.  They were alive fishies at some point just trying to survive and live like we are.  It felt spiritually wrong to me in that moment to eat them.  Fish are amazing animals if you ever get a chance to watch them in an aquarium or in a pond.  They are graceful in the way they move, the way they navigate through the water.  They're curious too.  They have a certain kind of awareness, like us.

BELOW: A fishie being of the species "salmon", just like we are of the species "human".  Of course these are our labels not theirs.  What if this being were your pet?  Would you have the heart to kill it and eat it then?

117550-004-AA55E63F.jpg

A group of fishie beings that we call "sardines".  These small beings pack closely together for mutual security as they swim.  What if these beings were your pets?  Would you have the heart to kill them and eat them then?

sardines-20160116.jpg

mzl.hxnmwnnt.png

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor Consider that the more we do something the easier it becomes. What if we ate the same foods every day? The more basic a task is the easier it is to learn it right? Can our bodies possibly be able to digest and process our intake even better than it already does by eating this way?

Edit: because I don't proof read.

Edited by Friend

Killing animals is ok.

You can kill animals with the intent of love.

A leopard killing a doe, both agreed to have this experience.

It's about being, not doing.

Edited by Soulbass

Joseph,

Here's how I see it. (A lot of people here probably won't like this a bit, and I apologize in advance for any hurt feelings.)

An extreme, absolutist rejection of something - yes, including, killing and eating meat, is the least enlightened position possible. (Unless it's what your body authentically wants, I should add.)

It is the antithesis of enlightenment, which embraces and resolves all opposites.  It is the epitome of egoistic positionality.

Our bodies are nature, and nature kills without second thought.

We are also consciousness, which finds a way to avoid inflicting unnecessary suffering and killing.

But the absolute position is untenable.  It is not conscious.  It is ego-based, rule-based.

There is a lot of hidden ego in extremist positions.  It is very easy to fancy oneself as more evolved or enlightened or moral or sensitive and caring than others.

Whatever you reject, you repress or project.  This includes killing, when necessary.

Edited by Haumea

@Joseph Maynor I'm vegetarian. Indian food has lots of vegetarian recipes. I would only eat meat if I was about to die and a chicken was the only thing in sight. Good discussion!

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

This has nothing to do with enlightenment.

I would beg to disagree.  It has everything to do with enlightenment.  

5 hours ago, Outer said:

250 mcg B12 (methylcobalmin for example) a day or 2500 mcg a week. The body stores B12 so you can take it weekly.

b12 is found in the ground. brewer's yeast (in salads or soup) is the most closely.

5 hours ago, Outer said:

250 mg DHA (algae oil, vegan omega-3 supplement) a day.

lin oil too

btw, it's possible to don't eat food or drink water for several years without problem - some people call it "prana" it's basically finding food in the surrounding energy. everything is information.

Edited by Soulbass

Ask "who" is it that is or is not eating? Once you can answer that then eat... or not.....

Really thought about this post through my day today. It seems there is conscious eating or not. If we really look into religion we can’t be dogmatic,  if we look into reality we can’t keep believing it’s real, if we look into the self we find the whole, and we can’t look into nutrition and still eat like animals. Applying consciousness raises consciousness. 

@Joseph Maynor

How would we feel if we were raised by another organism so that it could eat our dead muscles and skin?” - we are, earth wise.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Leo Gura how do you explain this if killing is not the ultimate evil? Not in a traditional meaning of this word but rather in a way that killing is stopping life experience. Why do you call eating animal meat unconscious eating?

Edited by egoless

38 minutes ago, Nahm said:

How would we feel if we were raised by another organism so that it could eat our dead muscles and skin?” - we are, earth wise.

blogger-image--1769563425.jpg

So we go back to mother nature with time -- good point.

@Outer Thanks for the info on B12 and DHA, I'll take care to double check these in my food schedule.

Living without eating food is called "Breatharianism" or "Inedia".

I don't know if we as human beings are meant to do that.

I've found a source that seems valid but it's in French (Gabriel Lesquoy).

This drawing makes me smile anyway ^^

6b96usvoaym.jpg

Edited by Soulbass

Is this one of those how can someone be enlightened if *insert behavior*? I guess how can I be enlightened is I don't know the answer to my own questions....right?

The problem isn't so much about the eating of meat, it's about the way meat is obtained, through terrible factory farming.

If you were in a rain forest hunting for wild birds, that would be a totally different story.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Friend interesting idea :)..

Somehow it reminds me Einstein who always wore the same things so he didn't waste time by choosing..

However, this way, one has just to make sure he/she gets all the vital stuff for the Body.. (vitamins, mineral nutrients, protein...) 

.. maybe just a little boring after a while?