kag101

What’s one advice you’d give to your younger self?

16 posts in this topic

I’d say:

 

Participate in life even if you feel insecure

 

What would yours be? 


one day this will all be memories

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be aware of the traps in life.

Learn from others mistakes.

Don’t take life too seriously but work hard on the things that matter to you.

Take care of yourself.

Be humble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

be willing to risk, experiment and fail, learn from your mistakes and lastly seek others help from people a bit ahead of you.

Edited by Olaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't suffer because you that cute girl didn't dated you. Since , dating is like mirage of happiness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fall in love with consistency. Figure out how, it's possible.


I am the impossible made reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oOo said:

To younger self:

"Dream; and then dream it again. Trust loop alone."

That's wisdom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Discipline and consistency are the key.

Invest your time in clever ways, don't waste time, you'll regret it.

Don't destroy your dopamine reward system with porn, gaming, social media, doomscrolling. Avoid those at all costs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To myself specifically? This probably sounds very negative, but for me is inherently neutral (as in, a thought doesn't intrinsically have an emotional attitude attached to it):

That there is no one out there (human), not in the way that you are looking for, anyway. Don't waste your time and energy hoping and believing, because you'll dig yourself a bigger hole to get out of. Literally do anything else that isn't actively self-harming, and it will probably be less destructive to you.

There is no one out there to save you, no one to figure it out for you, no one to make it easier, no one to make it feel less alone than you already are, as you are now. Whoever and whatever you have that is there already is all that you have to work with, so watch your expectations (as well as your hopes and desires), and make the most of it (if you want). 

And if push comes to shove, even if you can't figure it out, it's still your business to deal with. Live and die on your terms. Damn whatever it is that you think the world/ people need or expect from you, and damn what they actually need or expect from you. Only focus on what must be done. 

Knowing this would have completely crushed me then, I'm sure of it, but at least I would have been free of this burden of illusion. Probably save me about 20 years of grief too, though I would have most likely ended up with different issues (but ones that should, in theory, be much easier to deal with.)

 

Other than that? I would probably reassure myself that I was already right about many things, and that my intuition when it comes to people, especially if they are hiding things which are detrimental to my well being, was dead on. I would tell myself: don't waste your time displacing yourself just to give other people the benefit of the doubt. Don't let people make you feel bad about cutting them off, but still deal with your own attachment issues separately without them. 

Consider their perspective, consider being open, but don't split yourself into literal pieces for people. For literally anyone. And if you're going to give people your emotional openness, don't bother giving them your attachment either. (I mean this literally, pay very close attention to anything you're projecting onto them, anything you hope or expect for in return.)

Give cleanly and give freely as much as possible, or else don't bother at all. 

 

 

 

Edited by eos_nyxia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That you can't fail. Any experience is good experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know, I think my life is working out perfectly as intended. Ask me again in 10 years to see if everything really went according to plan.

Maybe a lesson on personal finance and savings but having that kind of personality would've changed my trajectory in a way I'm not sure I would take.

Perhaps then just "Don't worry you got this."

Even then maybe if I was way more confident growing up due to having received encouragement from my future self I would've been less ambitious. 

So I would have to go with nothing. 


Building a global media agency. Follow my progress on Instagram

The dream is not easy but each day we're getting closer 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be patient. Don't get attached to some fantasy future.

Make sure you are aligned with what is real. As closely as possible. It will reduce wasted energy, stress and suffering.

Don't resist what "is".

Edited by Natasha Tori Maru

It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now