Tudo

How to deal with getting old?

38 posts in this topic

I just reached 28 years old and I feel old, like I wasted almost my entire life till now, feeling like too old to even approach 20-year-old girls, how to deal with this pain?

I feel 100x better at 27 than I did when I was 17.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

i'm twice your age then some and still bound out of bed at 3 each morning thanking my stars for another hit of oxygen

each breath is another ascension moment when well used

Would recommend see-hear-feel meditation guide.

Also, reflect on why you think your past did not go as you would have liked and what you could do now instead.

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

Age is literally just the number of years you spent on this planet, not much more behind it really. People age at different rates, in reality my body is only like 12. If your life has been very repetitive and boring the past years you're bound to feel old cause you lack energy.

Depending on your surroundings or activities your sense of age can change from feeling old to feeling young again btw, so nothing has been lost.

18 hours ago, Tudo said:

I just reached 28 years old and I feel old, like I wasted almost my entire life till now, feeling like too old to even approach 20-year-old girls, how to deal with this pain?

I’ve been through it. 

You just need more direct experience. Talk to more people. 

Also, you are aging this is life. Flow with what is.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Posted (edited)

lol don’t worry man you are definitely not too old 

You have plenty of time to attract the women. Women typically will go for older guys anyway around 10-15 years older and this is becoming more common - I have noticed this a lot more in the world of dating apps where young women have so much choice.

Actually you are at a disadvantage. You are 28 with less experience and maturity and will be less settled than the average 38 year old. Women always prefer more experienced guys

My advice focus on your own self development and where you want to be in life

edit this is why young men are disproportionately single so it is perfectly normal and young women the reverse. Women make the most of when they’re young and more physically attractive

I actually prefer older women in their 30s who are typically more mature

Edited by Chadders

18 hours ago, Tudo said:

I am also 28 and not feel old at all, my life just beggins. In fact I was waiting till this moment so I feel mature enough to start my dream business as an intellectual. Take care of you health and you'll be just as fresh even after 50 more years. The ICF coaching course I just started is held by a 80 years old swedish woman. She is wearing pink clonthes and is swift, clear minded and fresh as a 30 year old.

Posted (edited)

Fear of getting old is fear of death. Most people will put it off until they are 90 This is wrong do it now. Think about it now.

Edited by Hojo

I feel old when I hit 27 years old. But surprisingly right now, I no longer feel old. Or maybe Im just getting used to it. My 18 year old body was the best. Or maybe because I work out back then. 

(Last year, when I started doing physical activities, it doesn't feel like when I do it when I was 22. I feel the difference. Maybe I can get back to it. It just that I haven't been doing physical activities for long)

And I regretted all the time that I'm not travelling and doing stuff. 

Posted (edited)

In 20 years you will look back and laugh at how young you are today.

Getting old is gonna get so much worse. A horror show. You ain't seen nothing yet.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

I am 25 in a month and suddenly I feel like I am in a rush to do many things. Time moves faster unlike how it used to be a couple of years ago.

Till 22 everything was so bloody slow.

Now it's moving at rocket speed. There isn't just enough time. 

38 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

In 20 years you will look back and laugh at how young you are today.

Getting old is gonna get so much worse. A horror show. You ain't seen nothing yet.

How do you cope with this?

By living every moment with intention? Will that help. I feel like it's a losing game. 

Edited by Bobby_2021

If you think it would get worse, it would get worse.

If you think it would get better, it would get better.

If you think your future would be a horror show, it would be a horror show.

My suggestion to you is to get excited about life again.

If you want to approach 20-year-old girls, approach 20-year-old girls.

48 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

How do you cope with this?

Just by suffering through it.

48 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

I feel like it's a losing game. 

That's life.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I'll be 29 in 3.5 months. My eyesight is going bad, used to have perfect vision, now 0.75 astigmatism in both eyes. Used to have perfect hearing, now chronic tinnitus from hearing loss. Getting old really sucks.

7 minutes ago, CosmicExplorer said:

I'll be 29 in 3.5 months. My eyesight is going bad, used to have perfect vision, now 0.75 astigmatism in both eyes. Used to have perfect hearing, now chronic tinnitus from hearing loss. Getting old really sucks.

What are the causes of your hearing and eyesight issues?

8 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

What are the causes of your hearing and eyesight issues?

Aging and genetics. I take ibuprofen and paracetamol once every 1-2 weeks for migraines and those are somewhat ototoxic but I don't think it's a primary reason for my tinnitus. 

lol 28 and asking how to deal with getting old. Lmao.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

lol 28 and asking how to deal with getting old. Lmao.

It's the oldest that we've ever been!! ~~