Magnanimous

Leo, how much do looks influence a man's attractiveness

431 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

half of the books on your booklist are full of shit. 

At least half of everything humans say is bullshit.

It is just hard to accept given that people like David Goggins were once 300 lbs and illiterate and were able to persevere through hard work.

Nothing I said contradicts that.

Loosing weight is doable. Learning to read is doable. Doesn't require any super genetics.

Remember, David Goggins has made a career out of selling you hope and the alpha grind mindset. That doesn't make it true. He is playing a character he has constructed. As is Owen. Their constructed personas have co-opt them.

That’s David Goggins secret to success. He didn’t have the best genes. In fact, his Sickle Cell held him back and almost took his life according to his book. I don’t know how you would explain that.

He does have good genes if he's in good health. He couldn't do the intense things he does without a baseline of good health. Health is a much deeper issue than just being fat. Fatness is not a genetic problem, it is a diet problem.

The philosophy of Rocky Balboa is all about hard work. Rocky didn’t have the best genes or anything. His work ethic was the best and that’s what made him the best. Ivan Drago had the best genes and Rocky was still able to beat him because he trained harder.

Dude, you are citing a fictional character. You might as well cite Wiley Coyote's ability to survive a fall from a 1000ft cliff.

David Goggins was very similar. He didn’t have the best genes in the Seals. But it was his determination that helped him achieve the pull-up record, run ultras, and get through hell week.

There is no way a person with bad genes could even make it into the Navy Seals. Just because Gogins struggled does not disprove that.

Genes without discipline are nothing.

They aren't nothing. A cheeta can outrun you with zero discipline, just on his genes.

Your discipline is a very limited thing relative to your genes.

You can think of genes as all the stuff you can do with zero discipline.

There are many child prodigies who get forgotten. Robert Green talks about this concept in his book Mastery. He says discipline is more important than one’s natural talent. That mastery is achieved through deliberate practice.

Practice is important but it requires having the correct genetic foundation.

It's not one vs the other, it's both that are requiree for worldclass achievement.

So there are limits on consciousness. But from my personal experience, there were people who were more naturally talented than me, and I still kicked their ass at tennis, trumpet, chess, and education through my deliberate practice. 

As I said, both are needed for worldclass achievement.

Yes, you can generally learn all sorts of skills through massive practice. So what? I didn't say otherwise.

Nothing I said means that hard work and practice are not important to success.

It's also a question of the magnitude of your result. Can anyone learn to play tennis decently? Pretty much any able-bodied person can. But that is not the same as being a worldclass player. Likewise, can almost any guy learn to get laid with a random average girl? Yes. But that is not the same as sleeping with 100 8's, 9's, and 10's. The magnitude of your result is a huge factor here. Earning $1 million is pretty easy. Earning $10 billion is a totally nother level. If all you want to acheive is to sleep with 10 mediocre girls in your life, almost any guy can acheive that. Not a big deal.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Leo can you please tell me whether or how much your videos on 'how to get laid' are still valid or useful in your opinion after the change in your thoughts? 

24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's also a question of the magnitude of your result. Can anyone learn to play tennis decently? Pretty much any able-bodied person can. But that is not the same as being a worldclass player. Likewise, can almost any guy learn to get laid with a random average girl? Yes. But that is not the same as sleeping with 100 8's, 9's, and 10's. The magnitude of your result is a huge factor here. Earning $1 million is pretty easy. Earning $10 billion is a totally nother level. If all you want to acheive is to sleep with 10 mediocre girls in your life, almost any guy can acheive that. Not a big deal.

I just crave to have one descent girlfriend, not crave for sleeping with a lot of girls. but I struggle to catch even one female eye on me. So is this issue supposed to be extremely hard? 

@k-ahmadzadeh is that you in your profile pic?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I think even given this thread Leo’s 3 pt series is still valuable. 

◭"89"

@k-ahmadzadeh should be fine looks wise. 

◭"89"

31 minutes ago, k-ahmadzadeh said:

@Leo Gura Leo can you please tell me whether or how much your videos on 'how to get laid' are still valid or useful in your opinion after the change in your thoughts? 

Pretty much all of it is valid and very useful.

The only correction is that looks play a bigger role than I said.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

The only correction is that looks play a bigger role than I said.

Absolutely, sexy people don’t need to look both ways before crossing the street. The cars immediately bow down to them.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

In my country Bulgaria its very common beautiful girls to have average and below average boyfriends who are nor rich nor famous. ( i am collecting examples so if somebody want i would share pictures)

So i am still strugling to understand how does that happen? In my opinion the best chance to pull a woman way out of your league is to know this girl in person like being a cowerker or having a chance to see her in person very often. 

I have no experience in cold approaching so idk about that.

Edited by evgn

@evgn different countries hold different standards of what beauty is.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

21 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Absolutely, sexy people don’t need to look both ways before crossing the street. The cars immediately bow down to them.

Lol, once I had a car stop to allow me to cross the street while the light was green and I was patiently waiting for it to change and I wasn't even wearing anything revealing, just the hair was fabulous that day. The power of sexy hair.

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

2 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

@evgn different countries hold different standards of what beauty is.

Not absolutely. There are beauty standards that every country has like symmetry of face and probably some other stuff because it reveals healthy genetics. 

15 minutes ago, evgn said:

In my country Bulgaria its very common beautiful girls to have average and below average boyfriends who are nor rich nor famous. ( i am collecting examples so if somebody want i would share pictures)

So i am still strugling to understand how does that happen? In my opinion the best chance to pull a woman way out of your league is to know this girl in person like being a cowerker or having a chance to see her in person very often. 

I said this in a comment I made before that the very attractive girls aren't out seeking attractive looking males. Most of the times their husband or bfs are just average looking.

Listening to these guys talk about looks and wanting hot chick's, they have no idea what it takes to land a hot looking chick and looking all attractive in your lovely dress code, being muscular or fit with a six pack and 6' tall silhouette with a bank account with 6figures isn't the main catch. The catch is HOW YOU MAKE HER FEEL. 

Go figure that out instead of just trying to get your rocks off by them. (Not you, just saying in general).

Edited by Princess Arabia

1 hour ago, Argonaut said:

@Leo Gura why are you flexing on us with your genetically superior looks?

Leo Hot.png

Black Pilled Leo incoming!

15 minutes ago, evgn said:

The market of men is different. USA is harder because it has the most high status men, many of whom are seeing more than one women at a time. And a lot of women are unattractive because they’re overweight or have other problems. Meaning getting a very attractive girl is difficult because competition is high.

In some foreign countries it’s the opposite, there are more beautiful women and less high status men because of the economy and other issues.

On Twitter I saw an American woman upset because in Serbia not a single guy was interested in her, she says meanwhile in America she can’t leave her house without getting attention. She even noted how she is far wealthier than the men in Serbia.

Edited by Raze

1 minute ago, Raze said:

The market of men is different. USA is harder because it has the most high status men, many of whom are seeing more than one women at a time. And a lot of women are unattractive because they’re overweight or have other problems. Meaning getting a very attractive girl is difficult because competition is high.

In some foreign countries it’s the opposite, there are more beautiful women and less high status men because of the economy and other issues.

when I travel in spain, I always see hotties with short fat guy

1 hour ago, Argonaut said:

@Leo Gura why are you flexing on us with your genetically superior looks?

Leo Hot.png

That's what Alien Consciousness looks like in the mind's eye.

Edited by Princess Arabia

On 2/26/2024 at 8:27 AM, Leo Gura said:

Owen is a worldclass bullshitter. Owen does not get many girls. He struggles to get them. Because of his looks.

You have to understand that pickup coaches are very biased and untruthful people. They either straight out lie to their students or they themselves are deluded by years of pickup brainwashing.

Also, if you notice, most of the successful pickup coaches are good looking extroverts. It's not merely their game that's doing the work. Similar to how successful bodybuilders are also coasting off great genetics and fooling you into thinking that it's all their hard work at the gym. No matter how much a regular guy hits the gym he will never be Arnold Schwarzeneggar. Because Arnold had peak genetics that enabled everything else. But fools think that it was all just hard work. You can't hard work you way into peak genetics. Which is why actors, musicians, athletes, and models get paid so much money. It's not just because they work hard. It's because they have peak genetics which 99% can't have. This makes them incredibly valuable comodities.

Spiritually successful people also coast off their peak genetics, in case you haven't noticed. And so do the best intellectuals. All these things are grounded in having the right genetics. And then these people fool you into thinking otherwise. Many times they themselves are unaware of their innate advatages because they are too close to them.

You can deny this all you want but in the end it's the truth.

Be ware, if you turn this truth into a victim mentality, that's on you. I am not saying to do that. My only concern here is how reality actually works, not how you feel about it and how you need it to be for your sake.

But then how did Owen publicly date a playboy playmate and a beauty pageant winner even though he is a 3-4/10? He also had many infields picking up women who are more attractive than him.

And Jeffrey Martin did a study of enlightened people and said he couldn’t find any genetic correlations 

Edited by Raze